Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnan is underrated, he touched up Dale Carmody at Bunton Park towards the end of last season.
Carmody was on one leg, but Donnan is a bit of a blow for the Hoppers, they are desperate for some height.

appart from hodgson and piltz who else have the hoppers picked up ?
bradshaw wont play will sit back and do it easy in minor leagues to much work to do for him to get back to a reasonable size to be able play in high standard like o&m, mytrleford very quiet could it be that they just mite sneak under everyones guard? lets hope not ! biggest improver nxt season will be nth albury

Don t write of the saints, another plus with Rhys Fitzpatrick agreeing to terms during the week.

Very hard to go past Yarra at this stage but for mine Albury will give it a tilt, added more to 06 finals list and should keep improving

appart from hodgson and piltz who else have the hoppers picked up ?
bradshaw wont play will sit back and do it easy in minor leagues to much work to do for him to get back to a reasonable size to be able play in high standard like o&m, mytrleford very quiet could it be that they just mite sneak under everyones guard? lets hope not ! biggest improver nxt season will be nth albury

Adam Prior is a great pick up after spending 12 months with the Sydney Swans.

Don t write of the saints, another plus with Rhys Fitzpatrick agreeing to terms during the week.

Very hard to go past Yarra at this stage but for mine Albury will give it a tilt, added more to 06 finals list and should keep improving

That's interesting, can anyone confirm Fitzpatrick has signed with Myrt?
Regardless my mail is the Saints are about to lose another Murray to North Albury and McIntyre as well?

That's interesting, can anyone confirm Fitzpatrick has signed with Myrt?
Regardless my mail is the Saints are about to lose another Murray to North Albury and McIntyre as well?

Both McIntyre and M. Murray will play at Myrtleford next year. Not sure if Fitzpatrick has signed but has agreed to terms with the saints.

H.Murray will play for the Hoppers this season. Myrt will go alright I dont see a flag at the moment but we should be better then bottem dwellers, ill say about mid ladder for next season at this point in time.

Also what are your opinions on playing coaches ? personally I would rather have a non playing coach.

Playing coaches are great for training and if they perform even better, but when it comes to the pinch it's bloody hard to make the important decisions when your on the ground.

Oh and at this stage in time I say watch out for Wodonga they always go well and have some tallent coming in this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H.Murray will play for the Hoppers this season. Myrt will go alright I dont see a flag at the moment but we should be better then bottem dwellers, ill say about mid ladder for next season at this point in time.

Also what are your opinions on playing coaches ? personally I would rather have a non playing coach.

Playing coaches are great for training and if they perform even better, but when it comes to the pinch it's bloody hard to make the important decisions when your on the ground.

Oh and at this stage in time I say watch out for Wodonga they always go well and have some tallent coming in this season.

What about the co-coach scenario adopted by Wod Raiders - get the on field leader and the off field decision maker. Structure makes sense but could be hard having to bosses and risk of mixed signals to playing group.

Wodonga - I don't know whether they've got much $$$ and their outs (McCormick, Lamb, Paton, Heta, Cohen) outweigh their gains (Walker, Jacksons x2).

Think you will find the Saints won't go too far backwards in 2007. Despite the off season hype about player exodus etc. the majority of this years team will be in saints colours in 2007. The existing squad coupled with some good recruits should place the Saints in a position to once again push for a finals spot. They won't be top three but should be around the 4 -7 bracket. McFarlane is an excellent coach and a good pick up for the Saints and his different thoughts and ideas may be just what the guys need to hopefully take the extra step in the forseeable future.

Stand-by for some big news coming out of John Foord Oval in the next 24 hours.

In addition to what was announced in today's Border Mail (Raines, Ryan & Henneman)? Will all these blokes be travelling from Melb?

The Henneman situation will be interesting - only available to play half of the games - not sure whether these types of situations work.

If they can keep last years list together (particularly Ambrose) and add these blokes they should improve markedly.

After being convinced Archibald was going to Lavington, I am not so sure now.
You might be right, Albury or Yarrawonga.
Yarrawonga is top heavy with talent and wouldn't expect they would have the coin to accommodate, but you never know. Yarrawonga is the only inland tourist destination with water and the town will be flush come Feb and the flow on effect to YFNC is strong.
Albury will be desperate to land a big fish given J. Dicketts has done the Harold Holt.

Even a moron will get one right now and then Dustbin.. Not like he was going to play for a rival o and m club when his Dad is on the board. I don't think he will play too much.

After being convinced Archibald was going to Lavington, I am not so sure now.
You might be right, Albury or Yarrawonga.
Yarrawonga is top heavy with talent and wouldn't expect they would have the coin to accommodate, but you never know. Yarrawonga is the only inland tourist destination with water and the town will be flush come Feb and the flow on effect to YFNC is strong.
Albury will be desperate to land a big fish given J. Dicketts has done the Harold Holt.

I also might have to eat my earlier words on Archibald going to Albury. Recent mail is that Archibald putting pretty big price on head and Albury are baulking - not convinced he is that good. Looks like Yarra are favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back