Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its time that this absolute ****er is ousted of this site,or just totally ignored boys.
Are you kidding me. Bob Craig is that stupid that once he s h i t his pants in the box and as it started running down his leg he jumped out the box starkers and urinated on his own leg to clean it!

Top 10 players after round 6

Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 48
Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 39
Tim Hargreaves (Yarrawonga) 33
Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 32
Kade Stevens (Lavington) 32
David Steer (Wangaratta) 31
Aydan Brown (North Albury) 30
Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 30
Nic Raines (Corowa-Rutherglen) 29
Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 27

I would have thought that the reason the league rates the imports as you call it, is that generally they are key position players that are extremely good at what they do and come with a reputation.

So if you were on the interleague selection panel (and yes there is a panel not just Bence - although he may be the figurehead) then provided that they can turn up to training, wouldnt you want to pick the gun players for all positions if you have the chance?

If i was a Corowa supporter I would be looking at it as a backhanded compliment. You have a team who is able to be extremely competitive without the need for a lot of outside talent.

But i guess Sunday against Yarra will tell.

Hows Ambrose going this year, hardly gets a mention in best players or goalkickers, has he been injured or is the travelling taking its toll on his body, apparently training with a club in Melbourne. If he fires can Corowa make the finals

Top 10 players after round 6

1. Jacob Ryan (Corowa-Rutherglen) 48
2. Lance Oswald (Yarrawonga) 39
3. Tim Hargreaves (Yarrawonga) 33
4. Jon McCormick (Wangaratta) 32
4. Kade Stevens (Lavington) 32
6. David Steer (Wangaratta) 31
7. Aydan Brown (North Albury) 30
7. Mark Doolan (Wodonga Raiders) 30
9. Nic Raines (Corowa-Rutherglen) 29
10. Andrew Hill (Wangaratta Rovers) 27

Wonder if the non trvelling Bence follows these ratings!!!!!

Hopefully BOSCO has been removed after his very defamatory comments about Bob Craig last night (post has been erased) did anyone else see that?

Congrats to the Border for puttin back up the their O&M footy stories on the web. Johno and the boys must keep a pretty close eye on the old big footy...!!

Myrtleford must be in dire straits at present, to be beaten so convincingly by the tigers, who are only just travelling at the moment.

I've got nothing against Paton (had a great 2006 season), but he should have been dropped last week, and he comes out and gets 7 kicked on him against the Saints, the change must be made this week and he should be replaced by the consistent Clint Reid, who was in my mind made the scapegoat from the Yarra game.

On a possitive note for the Tigers, it was good to see Kelly get a touch against the Saints, only problem was, it was only 1 touch:D

Hopefully BOSCO has been removed after his very defamatory comments about Bob Craig last night (post has been erased) did anyone else see that?

Congrats to the Border for puttin back up the their O&M footy stories on the web. Johno and the boys must keep a pretty close eye on the old big footy...!!

About time, looks like Johno & his crew do have the high powers down at the BM. How long have been crying out for some decent O&M footy stories on the BM Website.

Next stop the O&M website.

The Tyntynder F.C in the Central Murray Football League (previously Mid Murray Football League) is having a reunion this weekend 18th, 19th & 20th of May at their clubrooms in Swan Hill. We will be acknowleging the premiership sides of the mid 80's but any player, supporter etc is welcome to attend this great weekend. If you would like more info you can contact keg18wilson@hotmail.com or ring the clubrooms on 03 50322974

When will someone tag Ryan???

I told you blokes early he is a seriously good player - a ball magnet!

And no, he doesn't know me from a bar of soap. :)

When will everyone stop boofing this bloke up the arse???

I saw the game V Wang Magpies on the weeked and Wang's midfield smashed them. Think his dirrect oppenents kicked 8 between them.

Not denying he is a good player but you gotta work both ways.

When will someone tag Ryan???

I told you blokes early he is a seriously good player - a ball magnet!

And no, he doesn't know me from a bar of soap. :)

You are correct he is a seriously good player.

Hopefully Bence and his henchmen go to Sundays game and the boy performs for the seventh match in a row.

Perhaps he should move to Wodonga to avoid any travelling!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are correct he is a seriously good player.

Hopefully Bence and his henchmen go to Sundays game and the boy performs for the seventh match in a row.

Perhaps he should move to Wodonga to avoid any travelling!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sure if the Melbourne based players were available to train at every O&M training session then they would be selected!Obviously they cant and therefore dont get a run just as the locals who cant commit dont!Whats the problem?

Im sure if the Melbourne based players were available to train at every O&M training session then they would be selected!Obviously they cant and therefore dont get a run just as the locals who cant commit dont!Whats the problem?

Problem is we are not getting a true reflexion on how good this league is compared to others (GV) by excluding blokes who make the commiment to travell and present themself ready to play each week for their club why wouldnt they be good enough to do it for the rep side.

They are not being given the chance. If you live away from the area you are not selected unless you are an exception ie Marc Lonergan and Chris Jackson.

Seems strange some of the best won't get the chance to say "Thanks but I can't get to training"

They are not being given the chance. If you live away from the area you are not selected unless you are an exception ie Marc Lonergan and Chris Jackson.

Seems strange some of the best won't get the chance to say "Thanks but I can't get to training"
Fair enough i would have thought they would have been asked!Madness if they have not been!!!!

What is the purpose of inter league football,? I would have thought it was to demonstrate the strength of the league. Interleague football showcases your league to others outside the league who may be thinking about playing or coaching in the Ovens and Murray. Wouldn't it make sense to put your best talent on display - Jake Ryan is definitely part of this leagues best side.

You can understand not dealing with travellers that are not interested in representing the league, but Ryan indicated early in the season that he was very keen to play and he has continued to express a desire to play.

Interleague training is pedestrian anyway, the only reason your there is to make sure you are familiar with everyone, their is no game plan or ridgid team structures that you train toward, so does it really matter if one bloke can't train - it is one out of 22.

Bence is making some pretty big decisions for a bloke that never played much senior footy let alone interleague footy. He must still be dark on corowa for beating him in 2003 and then costing him a perfect season in 2004.

What is the purpose of inter league football,? I would have thought it was to demonstrate the strength of the league. Interleague football showcases your league to others outside the league who may be thinking about playing or coaching in the Ovens and Murray. Wouldn't it make sense to put your best talent on display - Jake Ryan is definitely part of this leagues best side.

You can understand not dealing with travellers that are not interested in representing the league, but Ryan indicated early in the season that he was very keen to play and he has continued to express a desire to play.

Interleague training is pedestrian anyway, the only reason your there is to make sure you are familiar with everyone, their is no game plan or ridgid team structures that you train toward, so does it really matter if one bloke can't train - it is one out of 22.

Bence is making some pretty big decisions for a bloke that never played much senior footy let alone interleague footy. He must still be dark on corowa for beating him in 2003 and then costing him a perfect season in 2004.
So does all this mean that if a local squad member misses a training run then he wont be selected?

Hey guys, my first time in. I am a past player. Not a very good one but I have played O&M seniors (hence my title). I have moved o/s and find that I am really missing the footy. Have been reading this forum for a while and find some things rather entertaining. Can you guys tell me what has happened to Darcy Eaton. I knew him when he was a young fellow and I was really disappointed when the Bulldogs talked him out of trying out for the Bushies. I know that they did a similar thing to Ryan Hynes. What is Darcy doing?

Hey guys, my first time in. I am a past player. Not a very good one but I have played O&M seniors (hence my title). I have moved o/s and find that I am really missing the footy. Have been reading this forum for a while and find some things rather entertaining. Can you guys tell me what has happened to Darcy Eaton. I knew him when he was a young fellow and I was really disappointed when the Bulldogs talked him out of trying out for the Bushies. I know that they did a similar thing to Ryan Hynes. What is Darcy doing?

Hey after watching the footy yesterday I must say that Jackson Russell from wodonga (only a seconds player) is the biggest fudge packing sheep dog I have ever seen

Hey after watching the footy yesterday I must say that Jackson Russell from wodonga (only a seconds player) is the biggest fudge packing sheep dog I have ever seen
Sorry bud I don't know who you are talking about or why you quoted my entry to say that. I never played in Wodonga and only know a few players from the town.:confused:

Sounds like someone got spanked by their opponent on the weekend...

You could be playing the wrong footy code Bronco!

When will everyone stop boofing this bloke up the arse???

I saw the game V Wang Magpies on the weeked and Wang's midfield smashed them. Think his dirrect oppenents kicked 8 between them.

Not denying he is a good player but you gotta work both ways.

A lot of talk about this fella. What about David Steer from Wangaratta?
Former player now in Sydney but have checked results evert week and he has not been put out best players yet. No coincidence to see Wang in the top three after recruiting him, whatever side he plays in it goes close to winning it. Couple of Gfs for Myrtleford, how did they let him go? He is Wangs most important player, forget Jon McCormick. Thoughts?

A lot of talk about this fella. What about David Steer from Wangaratta?
Former player now in Sydney but have checked results evert week and he has not been put out best players yet. No coincidence to see Wang in the top three after recruiting him, whatever side he plays in it goes close to winning it. Couple of Gfs for Myrtleford, how did they let him go? He is Wangs most important player, forget Jon McCormick. Thoughts?

You'll find that his transfer was rejected a couple of times until the Saints relunctantly agreed to let him go a couple of days prior to the season starting. Did he not originally come from Wang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back