Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a whisper that former St.kilda and recently retired blue bagger Matthew Lappin was getting targeted strongly by Portland in the WBFL.
Although the wbfl is'nt as strong as the o'm - gv - gfl etc they did'nt have to advertise for coaches as they'd just come off back to back flags and are a strong team at club level.
With Lappin being a familiar name around the murray region has there been any clubs in the O'M talking to him !?
Surely Wangaratta would be the only O&M club he'd even entertain playing for.

Just 3 points for discussion;

1, I dont believe Wangaratta, or any other Club in the league for that matter, would pay out a players contract to sign him.

2, I think you'll find thatWang didn't want to have the GF investigated but were encouraged to by elements outside the club. ( even though what happened on GF day was over the top, I believe it should have been delt with on the day by the officials and not dragged on for weeks )

3, Matthew Lappin will not play O&M next year or Portland he lives down Mornington way and will not move far from there.

Looks like the North Albury Cycle™ is going to kick in again. Save up some coin for a year or so, go all out and try and buy a flag, then the next year experience a mass exodus. Some of the players which look like they're going to be playing elsewhere next year, some allready confirmed:

Prior, Hilton, Mackie, Piltz, H Murray, R Murray, McLoughlan and Nichol.

Some quality there. Ouch.

I heard yesterday Hilton & Logue to Culcairn (May as well, everyone else is going there.)
The cycle you speak about Panther, is no news flash. Most clubs can't afford to have a crack at winning it every year, restricted by $$ and availability of new recruits in any given year. North's "cycle" appears to have worked OK, with 4 grand final appearances in the 2000's for 1 win. Corowa could be said to have the same cycle with 2 gf appearances for 2 wins in 2000 & 2003 and not much since. Other clubs records in the 00's are Lavi 2 appearances, 2 wins, Wodonga 1-1, Rovers 1-0, Yarra, 1-1, Wang 1-1, Myrt 3-0. I'm sure North's fans are happy with the "cycle" of playing in a grand final every 2 years, and wouldn't swap their record for any of the clubs above bar Lavi & Corowa. The certainly wouldn't swap for the cycle of Albury & Raiders, with no gf appearances in a decade !

Looks like the North Albury Cycle™ is going to kick in again. Save up some coin for a year or so, go all out and try and buy a flag, then the next year experience a mass exodus. Some of the players which look like they're going to be playing elsewhere next year, some allready confirmed:

Prior, Hilton, Mackie, Piltz, H Murray, R Murray, McLoughlan and Nichol.

Some quality there. Ouch.

Oops, posted same message twice.

[Matthew Lappin will not play O&M next year or Portland he lives down Mornington way and will not move far from there.
"Sparrow" should probably have his own thread given the number of clubs/leagues supposedly after him - Wang definitely not chasing him however he has been linked to Heidelberg (current NFL premiers) and Balwyn (1st Div EFL).

after watching the granny i agree there will be fireworks come round 1 in 08...what was really noticeable i thought whilst watching the game was the bloke in yellow boots (goode) would continuosly start fights and run away with his tail b/w his legs. needs to take a leaf outta his teammates book (mackie) if ur gonna start something u gotta back it up and not run the other way...

With Juddy on that one. Was having a good laugh at Goode all day watching the GF. Not sure who he thinks he is strutting around like he does but he'd wanna make sure he keeps that oversized chin of his tucked in next time they play the Maggies.
Mackie starts a few every now and then but at least he is man enough to follow through with his blues.

p.s Few posts on here about Wang. Juddy_08 you wouldn't happen to be a player in that Wang team with a not so subtle alias would you?

Piltz = Jindera

and more to Raiders

I would highly doubt Piltz is heading out to Jindera. He is far to good of a player at the moment to even contemplate dropping to a Hume league or equivilant standard. Even if he did go out to Jindera next year, which he wont, at the end of the 08' season he would have all 10 O&M clubs chasing him. As for the "more to raiders" comment, I have heard that one to, apparently Prior trying to get players like Brad Horn and Aiden Brown to the Raiders next season with him, word on the grape vine is that North has made Brown captain for next season so that they could keep him at Bunton Park, not sure how he would go but definitly a much improved player who would lead from the front.

With Juddy on that one. Was having a good laugh at Goode all day watching the GF. Not sure who he thinks he is strutting around like he does but he'd wanna make sure he keeps that oversized chin of his tucked in next time they play the Maggies.
Mackie starts a few every now and then but at least he is man enough to follow through with his blues.

p.s Few posts on here about Wang. Juddy_08 you wouldn't happen to be a player in that Wang team with a not so subtle alias would you?

HA...unlikely..im presuming ur talking of their skipper...judd porter?? dont think any one would be that stupid...perhaps maybe 'silver kid' aka. jesse silver???
nah just a carlton fan hence the juddy_08 (2008)

hey can anyone tell me the comings and goings 4 wodonga...from what i saw of the league this yr they were very competitive...perhaps a few more signings and a full yr of bradshaw potential top 3???

hey can anyone tell me the comings and goings 4 wodonga...from what i saw of the league this yr they were very competitive...perhaps a few more signings and a full yr of bradshaw potential top 3???

from what i have heard they wont be losing any1 from 07 side and have some quality players returning who played in the 04' premiership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Doolan a certainty going to PERTH!! Don't believe me go ask the man himself!! Told waysey yesterday apparently

I heard yesterday Hilton & Logue to Culcairn (May as well, everyone else is going there.)
The cycle you speak about Panther, is no news flash. Most clubs can't afford to have a crack at winning it every year, restricted by $$ and availability of new recruits in any given year. North's "cycle" appears to have worked OK, with 4 grand final appearances in the 2000's for 1 win. Corowa could be said to have the same cycle with 2 gf appearances for 2 wins in 2000 & 2003 and not much since. Other clubs records in the 00's are Lavi 2 appearances, 2 wins, Wodonga 1-1, Rovers 1-0, Yarra, 1-1, Wang 1-1, Myrt 3-0. I'm sure North's fans are happy with the "cycle" of playing in a grand final every 2 years, and wouldn't swap their record for any of the clubs above bar Lavi & Corowa. The certainly wouldn't swap for the cycle of Albury & Raiders, with no gf appearances in a decade !
You can have a period of sustained success without going out and (unsuccessfully) buying your way to the top. Lavington in the past ten years or so have missed the finals twice, from memory, with a policy of 'let them come to us'.

North Albury, on the other hand, have been up and down like Mick Lewis on an Adelaide Oval wicket. Time for an overhaul. Sometimes respect can buy you more flags than a hefty cheque book can.

On the Logue issue, heard he was all but signed with Culcairn but Hodgson had a word to him and said he'd be playing seniors at North if he stayed, and he looks like he's going to stay put.

You can have a period of sustained success without going out and (unsuccessfully) buying your way to the top. Lavington in the past ten years or so have missed the finals twice, from memory, with a policy of 'let them come to us'.

North Albury, on the other hand, have been up and down like Mick Lewis on an Adelaide Oval wicket. Time for an overhaul. Sometimes respect can buy you more flags than a hefty cheque book can.

On the Logue issue, heard he was all but signed with Culcairn but Hodgson had a word to him and said he'd be playing seniors at North if he stayed, and he looks like he's going to stay put.

Up & down !! Since 2000 Nths finishes have been 2,4,1,4,2,10,7 & 2. Apart from 2005, 2006 Mick Lewis is getting a fair bit of height off the Adelaide deck.
Of course Logue will play seniors if everyone leaves. Might even have to play more than one position at the same time.

will shir be still there??

who is returning? paton??

Dont think That Paton bloke is returning - londons dance floors are more appealing then running around an oval!
Would be great to see thompson back on martin park - but i can confirm he wont!

Kurt Gowers has told raiders he is moving on to pursue a business/leisure career on hamilton island next year.
Jared Kahlefeldt is also rumoured to be heading overseas next year to advance his studies.
Along with Mark Doolan and Leigh Corcoran already leaving who is gonna kick it to Prior??

It has been confirmed today that Mark Doolan has signed with West Perth. I have heard of a very reliable source that he has asked Brendon Way, Paul Twycross and Commitee that he would like his number 12 jumper retired. This is due to apparently (and i quote) the fact that 'he has carried the club for four years' and he believes that "the club owes him".

However good luck to the bloke and all the best as he is trying to better his footy. The raiders will need to recruit well to cover his departure as i expect they will, but i'm not too sure if they can fill the void left by his ego.

It has been confirmed today that Mark Doolan has signed with West Perth. I have heard of a very reliable source that he has asked Brendon Way, Paul Twycross and Commitee that he would like his number 12 jumper retired. This is due to apparently (and i quote) the fact that 'he has carried the club for four years' and he believes that "the club owes him".

However good luck to the bloke and all the best as he is trying to better his footy. The raiders will need to recruit well to cover his departure as i expect they will, but i'm not too sure if they can fill the void left by his ego.

Pull up a bit mate!! Do you really know Doog's or what?? Cos if you do you would know he is pretty quiet natured and I'm 99% sure he wouldn't of told the club that it "owes him". I could be wrong but I can't ever imaging the bloke being full of himself, unlike the Full Forward Raiders have just recruited!!

Pull up a bit mate!! Do you really know Doog's or what?? Cos if you do you would know he is pretty quiet natured and I'm 99% sure he wouldn't of told the club that it "owes him". I could be wrong but I can't ever imaging the bloke being full of himself

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back