Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hear that Wangaratta Magpies have signed smith and hooper from the sanfl and have retained basically the entire 2007 premiership squad. Even mccormick now sounds like he will be there for round 1 rather than mid year. Kirby carmody and henry are all going around again. They will be very short odds to go back to back.

I hear that Wangaratta Magpies have signed smith and hooper from the sanfl and have retained basically the entire 2007 premiership squad. Even mccormick now sounds like he will be there for round 1 rather than mid year. Kirby carmody and henry are all going around again. They will be very short odds to go back to back.

i thought mccormick was travelling till mid yr?? whats changed?

i thought mccormick was travelling till mid yr?? whats changed?
The prospect of another big season for the club might be too enticing for mccormick to miss out on. Have also just heard that wang have signed a 3rd sanfl player in the last week or 2. Where's all their cash coming from??

The prospect of another big season for the club might be too enticing for mccormick to miss out on. Have also just heard that wang have signed a 3rd sanfl player in the last week or 2. Where's all their cash coming from??

Just remember, they have some pretty well off businessman around town who have been starved of success for about 30 years.

I am sure if they can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and were asked nicely enough for a donation, a fair few hands would dig deep into pockets.

They may even see themselves as a slight chance to match the Rovers in their golden eras. There does seem to be similar names running around for the magpies now, as was with the Rovers back then!

Who cares where footy clubs get their cash from, winning attracts people and the pies are definatley doing that

I can only hope the pies are headed for a similar era. Seeing flag no. 1 in my lifetime was another life event now ticked off. But a few more would be nice. I am already looking forward to round 2 next year and making the trip up the freeway to see the pies unfurl the flag in front of the mob from across the road.

Do you know if Luke Mullins will return from O/S to play in 08??

Just remember, they have some pretty well off businessman around town who have been starved of success for about 30 years.

I am sure if they can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and were asked nicely enough for a donation, a fair few hands would dig deep into pockets.

They may even see themselves as a slight chance to match the Rovers in their golden eras. There does seem to be similar names running around for the magpies now, as was with the Rovers back then!

Well put Sparra. Who cares how clubs get there money. The fact is every club has there top players getting paid well. It's just attracting quality players that's the trouble for most.

Wang seem to have targeted some top players that have come through with the goods so good luck to them and hopefully they do have some further sucess.

Peaunut who is this 3rd SANFL player your talking off? The pies look to be shaping up alright for next year.

Can anyone list any other inclusions to the other clubs there hasn't been much in the news lately.

Corowa look as though they'll be up there in '08.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm that Ben Beams has accepted an assistants posistion at Morwell under Jock McFarlane?

ben beams is coaching myrt so i doubt hes gonna be an assistant elswhere.

PEANUT would u care to elaborate on the 3rd SANFL player 4 the pies??

Hello all,

This is my first posting having recently discovered this stream.

I am an ex-Alburian (the city, not the FC) and up until I left 2 years ago, had an active interest in the O&M.

From the western side of the border I can inform you of a few things:-

* I can confirm (although It may not need confirming) that Joel Mackie is with Woodville/West Torrens. I saw him myself in the supermarket (with Woodville player Mark McKenzie).

* Brad Murray will be staying at Port Adelaide. I understand (second hand info) that he signed at least a two year contract...Last year

* Simon McCormack (Ex North Albury, Ex Wodonga) has been made West Adelaide vice-captain where he will play alongside captain Nathan Brown (Ex Melbourne) and Ben Hollands (Ex North Albury, Ex Wodonga). Simon won a lot of respect in a poor team this year. No wonder they made him a leader in what should be a vastly improved team next year.

Just in case you lot didn't know

What's going on at tigerland, ok, they've picked up some recruits, but have missed out on what may well be some handy players.

Apparently they were looking the goods to recruit Luke Northon-Smith and Sam Terlich, only to see them go to Lavington and North Albury and lost James Brain to North as well.

Brain will be a good pick-up for North, gutsy and great mark for his size and generally has very good skills, the Tigers would have been expecting big things from him this season!

Is anyone else sick of seeing Hodgson in the media?F**K if a magpie landed on the fence at the club he coaches he would have it on TV or in the paper.Yes the old chestnut that any publicity is good publicity....but is the high turn over of players he looses each year related to the mans obvious ego?He is like Jeff Hook-in every photo.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Is anyone else sick of seeing Hodgson in the media?F**K if a magpie landed on the fence at the club he coaches he would have it on TV or in the paper.Yes the old chestnut that any publicity is good publicity....but is the high turn over of players he looses each year related to the mans obvious ego?He is like Jeff Hook-in every photo.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Obviously the Media personalities really like covering "Hoggys" career!!!(David Johnston are you a fan?)

Obviously the Media personalities really like covering "Hoggys" career!!!(David Johnston are you a fan?)

Hodgson is building 1 record that seems to escape much media scrutiny - he has coached the grand final loser in each of the last 3 years, and played in the 1 before that. On the losing side in 4 consecutive grand finals - surely that is some sort of league record??

I am not sure of the name of the 3rd sanfl player to sign with wang. All i've heard is that he'd moved to town and trained with the rovers, but has apparently then gone and signed with wang.

is there any confirmation on yarra's comings and goings for 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back