Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd want to have a fool proof plan in place, as the side they are rolling out is very unlikely to draw quality new players...
May be forced to shut shop, they are worse then the aforementioned bush tiggers
Tipping the Blacks to go another week without a loss. 2 in a row, the boys are on a roll.

They'd want to have a fool proof plan in place, as the side they are rolling out is very unlikely to draw quality new players...
May be forced to shut shop, they are worse then the aforementioned bush tiggers
You have to give it the boys running out every game, they are the sort of blokes you want around the club. They are pretty much a 2’s side. But still turn up every week. More guts than a lot of country footy players these days.

Last edited:
Tips for this weekend Rd 11
Milawa will be too strong for Benalla - 80- 100 pts
Greta 100 pts over Moyhu
Goorambat 5 pts over Bright in an upset down at the bat cave
King Valley comfortable over Tarra - 50 pts
Nth Wang over Whorouly - 50 pts

Was at North Wangaratta v Whorouly on Saturday, while having a short holiday up that way over the weekend. Impressive oval with good facilities, along with a decent crowd. North won by 80 points, with Dave Killen starring for the Hawks. Enjoyable afternoon.

Was at North Wangaratta v Whorouly on Saturday, while having a short holiday up that way over the weekend. Impressive oval with good facilities, along with a decent crowd. North won by 80 points, with Dave Killen starring for the Hawks. Enjoyable afternoon.

How’d my man Gales go?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking forward in the fixture looking at the next month for my blues. Will be a big month and a nice understanding of where they are at come finals time. The next month will show if they are genuine contenders!

Especially looking forward to that July 6 game against the mountain men. Sure to draw an enormous crowd which will feel like a finals fixture.

He wasnt impressed about being dragged either!

Greta will be too strong for Milawa - Milawa lack a genuine key forward and there midfield lacks depth with Liam Byrne, Ben Clarke out injured. Brent Newton back has helped provide a bit of physicality around the stoppages in the ruck but I still think Greta as a bit more fire power around the ground so Greta by 30 - 40 points.

Bright to get over Boonie Doon - only because it is up at Bright but could be a close one Bright by 6 points.

Greta will be too strong for Milawa - Milawa lack a genuine key forward and there midfield lacks depth with Liam Byrne, Ben Clarke out injured. Brent Newton back has helped provide a bit of physicality around the stoppages in the ruck but I still think Greta as a bit more fire power around the ground so Greta by 30 - 40 points.

Bright to get over Boonie Doon - only because it is up at Bright but could be a close one Bright by 6 points.
Newto was able to do well against us with his physicality but was blown out by 3/4 time. Spent the last qtr on the bench…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The week has come ladies! Cannot wait to watch the spectacle in front of us this Saturday! My mighty blues taking on the mountain men!! It’s going to be an intriguing contest, with my money on Juddy to be the difference!

Plenty of sleepless nights ahead!

If anyone is around and looking to knock the froff off a couple I will be there in my blues jumper.

Good win by the Blues against Bright. Bright had a much stronger team in this round than when they played at Bright a few weeks back so the boys would be very pleased to get the win and get an 8 point gap on 3rd.

Am a city boy who enjoyed a 1st visit to Pioneer Park in Bright on Saturday v All Blacks. First game of O & K footy.

Very scenic setting, very impressive looking newish rooms, looked a decent side with decent players. Enjoyed seeing the fire pits around the ground to help counter the cold chill in the air.

Sad to see the plight of the All Blacks who had only 19 players including their FF playing on one leg. Noticed they haven't fielded a reserves side this year. The playing group seem to be sticking fat with a good spirit, hope they can hang on. Good on them.

Any chance of Porepunkah fielding a side one day, seems to be growing in recent years or too close to Bright?

Boy oh boy. Lads I’m a touch late on my report but was able to get down to Greta V The Mountain Momentum and there was two things that stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

1) The depth of the blues, having Judd and Crawford out and having guys come in from the 12pm and play a role was fantastic to see

2) Just how ****ing tough Greta were. Bright came to play, they went after their stars like McClounan and Kennett and Jesus did the blue boys stick fat. They were harder, tougher and more together as a unit and it definitely sent some worrying signs through the mountain men.

It’s going to be a brilliant September and I will be there with the weekender watching with intent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & King FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back