Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

De-listed AFL players are told by there managers to take the best job that comes with playing footy rather than the most amount of cash.

JC1981 said:
De-listed AFL players are told by there managers to take the best job that comes with playing footy rather than the most amount of cash.

Being told and actually doing are totally different.

MasterOfRoc said:
apparently Phil Bramley (charlton 2004) got a bit of dosch wherever he ended up...any truth? in the Swan Hill league i think
Dont know how much he was paid, kicked about 70 goals in a poor side so maybe he was worth some cash, i have never seen him play though, played at Lalbert.

Delray said:
sounds like Yze is worth every sent. the problem is when spactics get the big bucks. I have a big problem with the central Murray comp as they pay plenty of duds big bucks. makes me sick

Delray, silly comment mate. It is the Golden rivers that is paying blokes from the CMFL to much which has in turn made CMFL clubs have to pay out more money to keep handy players otherwise they will go out to the district league and get triple what they can in town.

What about clubs who are paying an absolute stack for non playing coaches. Merv Neagle at Balranald is apparantly on an extremely good wicket. Ex west coast eagle Chric Lewis coaching sebas in the Ballarat league is reportedly on around 80K non playing and his assistant (playing) one of the Beacham twins is on about half that. Where do these clubs get there money?

clifton's lookalike said:
Delray, silly comment mate. It is the Golden rivers that is paying blokes from the CMFL to much which has in turn made CMFL clubs have to pay out more money to keep handy players otherwise they will go out to the district league and get triple what they can in town.

You think Delray's comment was silly brad. I think you should read yours again. Dont make stupid statements unless you can back them up with players and amounts. Triple, what a joke, you are a joke. I know for a fact that a lalbert player is on very very good coin, and he played a handful of twos games at another cmfl club last year, justify that. Have a look in your own back yard before you critisise others. Loser

touch of class said:
speaking of wakool as well as shane harvey on 1200 they have got allan thorpeand kane cooper both on 1000 plusthey all got big sign on fees

F**k me!

If it's the Ex Fitzroy Allan Thorpe, How old would he be?

He played for Sandy Bay over here in Tassie about 15 years ago?

Is this the same bloke?

WRFLfan said:
John Lindsay $1200 and $20 dollars every B&F vote not bad.

I've seen this kind of thing too in the past .....

Lindsay will destroy a side and to save themselves a quid clubs will be giving him 1s and 2s instead of 3s!

I once saw a situation where a guy had a bonus clause in his contract if he won the B&F, slayed em in a few games late in the season and got 1s and 2s (more than 1 vote card on games at this club) and ended up losing by a vote!

Wasnt a happy camper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barge said:
F**k me!

If it's the Ex Fitzroy Allan Thorpe, How old would he be?

He played for Sandy Bay over here in Tassie about 15 years ago?

Is this the same bloke?

Dunno bout Fitzroy but he did spend time on lists at Footscray, Sydney and Carlton that I know of. Coached Rumbalara the past few seasons and has missed a lot of games with leg injuries. Would be very close to 40 if not over that by now - but on his day still a very dangerous player.

If the reported $1000 p.w. is close to the mark though it's a joke.

allan thorpe is 37 playing not coaching at wakool is fitter than ever but at that age and the problems he has had with his knees and hammys not sure if they will hold up and yes thorpey played at fitzroy

Heard that Squizzy Taylor got a huge pay increase to coax him out of retirement was definately retired as of last year, but 'theman' has pulled them back on for 500 p/game. Must be paying house off.

8888 said:
Heard that Squizzy Taylor got a huge pay increase to coax him out of retirement was definately retired as of last year, but 'theman' has pulled them back on for 500 p/game. Must be paying house off.
info is very wrong still mite not play as he is having second thoughts but did sign a contract for $100 per game,still well behind you and the strathmore millionaires

8888 said:
dont know to many clubs that would offer a back pocket 500 a game that can't kick over a jam tin.but would be nice to see him back at the club and win another flag with his mates.

champ said:
You think Delray's comment was silly brad. I think you should read yours again. Dont make stupid statements unless you can back them up with players and amounts. Triple, what a joke, you are a joke. I know for a fact that a lalbert player is on very very good coin, and he played a handful of twos games at another cmfl club last year, justify that. Have a look in your own back yard before you critisise others. Loser

Champ don't go name guessing until you have some form of proof cause your way off the mark, do you think Brad would know how to use a computer? Lalbert are a district club perhaps i should have been a bit clearer on the district thing. District clubs have whole communities behind them and it is what brings the community together on a weekend that's why they are prepared to spend more money on certain players than any of the 2 Swan Hill teams because $$$ are hard to come by in town and we are fighting against another club as well as the people who just hate footy who don't support it, or their more of a fan of AFL and they can sit at home and watch their favourite team on FOX sport. I've looked in my backyard champo and I can't see anyone getting overpaid!

Champ don't go name guessing until you have some form of proof cause your way off the mark, do you think Brad would know how to use a computer? Lalbert are a district club perhaps i should have been a bit clearer on the district thing. District clubs have whole communities behind them and it is what brings the community together on a weekend that's why they are prepared to spend more money on certain players than any of the 2 Swan Hill teams because $$$ are hard to come by in town and we are fighting against another club as well as the people who just hate footy who don't support it, or their more of a fan of AFL and they can sit at home and watch their favourite team on FOX sport. I've looked in my backyard champo and I can't see anyone getting overpaid!
You are way off course now cliffton. You stated that the 'Golden rivers' are paying Central Murray players triple what the can get in the CMFL. There was now mention of district teams whatsoever. Nothing. Cant find the word district anywhere in you post. All I can see is you blaming GRFL.

champ said:
You are way off course now cliffton. You stated that the 'Golden rivers' are paying Central Murray players triple what the can get in the CMFL. There was now mention of district teams whatsoever. Nothing. Cant find the word district anywhere in you post. All I can see is you blaming GRFL.

hey **************** thats why i said i should of explained myself a little better, but perhaps your education has been limited from long distance school via the c.b. radio out there in the desert. I know plenty of blokes in the GRFL getting massive kanga that wouldn't be on the standard $30 a game in the CMFL cause they wouldn't get a game in the first XVIII (that's 18 if they didn't taech you Roman Numerals over the air).

(that's 18 if they didn't taech you Roman Numerals over the air).

No mate the didnt taech me that at school. Fair call though on the duds getting paid, wouldnt say that it is boosting the price of players in the area, that is all that i am saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back