Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

bronco27 said:
don't know about over paid players.his a underpaid player Jason clake doesnt get a cent at the colts in the wrfl.has kick 70 to 80 goals every year his play help the club come from second last a few years ago to being premiers last year and has even been known to pay players out of his own pocket.
Once again Bronco27 sumed it up beautifully, also does alot of other work around the clubs such as functions and helps the juniors, all this with a young family and works night shift. EDFL if some of the cheats are getting what i hear they are getting in EDFL, i think Clarke would get abit more than what you quoted.

thekid178 said:
i can tell u for a fact its about $1500 a game
and by all reports is worth every cent, but i know $1200 is a little closer to the mark. if the club wins the flag its all worth it, everyones happy.

Russ74 said:
C'mon mate! You say you know for a fact what he is on, then follow that up with "about $1500" .

well im not sure if it includes or excludes incentives, thats why its about....

jimmyboy said:
Dont know how much he was paid, kicked about 70 goals in a poor side so maybe he was worth some cash, i have never seen him play though, played at Lalbert.

Phil Bramley use to play at Charlton and they gave him a XR6 ute and he played till he paid it off and then lalbert gave him some plumbing tool worth a f**kload to play. but the bloke can play football. never handpasses but does kick alot of goals. and also lance picone at boort would be on a packed but after the money some players get might aswell pay a good player 1400 or whatever hes on than pay 5 average ones 400.

bossco said:
Steve Mckee 2 grand a game at myrtleford

Sorry Bossco don't know where you got that information. McKee isn't even on close to $2,000 a game at the Saints. Way less to be honest which did surprise me.

Usually Im in to these guys getting way too much but this time I will defend a guy who could have got more probably playing at a local club in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats right said:
and by all reports is worth every cent, but i know $1200 is a little closer to the mark. if the club wins the flag its all worth it, everyones happy.

Whether it's $1500 or $1200 he'll be able to buy 3 houses in Boort by the end of the season. Makes you wonder how long they can sustain these sort of payments considering Boort isn't the wealthiest area around. Maybe they should be targeting 4 or 5 local players on $300 a game who will make a huge difference, and hang around alot longer.

You may think its worth every cent when they win the flag this year but what about in 2 or 3 years when the club has folded; no-one will remember them.

badhairday said:
Whether it's $1500 or $1200 he'll be able to buy 3 houses in Boort by the end of the season. Makes you wonder how long they can sustain these sort of payments considering Boort isn't the wealthiest area around. Maybe they should be targeting 4 or 5 local players on $300 a game who will make a huge difference, and hang around alot longer.

You may think its worth every cent when they win the flag this year but what about in 2 or 3 years when the club has folded; no-one will remember them.

buy all report he has it on a string. its been over 20 years between drinks for boort so i think this is a last dich effort for a cup. just pick up a bloke from northern bullants so the cash must be flowing. if you can find 4 or 5 from around the area with game good luck getting them for $300 each.

Geez Head,

5 flights for 4 kicks is a good return!!! Why would any club do that!!

Looking at their results so far this sort of recruiting isnt helping them too much except lowering the bank account and possibly filling some overrated players hip pockets.

Why do clubs bother!!!

Barge said:
I've seen this kind of thing too in the past .....

Lindsay will destroy a side and to save themselves a quid clubs will be giving him 1s and 2s instead of 3s!

I once saw a situation where a guy had a bonus clause in his contract if he won the B&F, slayed em in a few games late in the season and got 1s and 2s (more than 1 vote card on games at this club) and ended up losing by a vote!

Wasnt a happy camper!

there is some absolute crap posted here. Reports of people getting 2000 a game is just rubbish. Just a load of crap. I have been around recruiting for years and i tell you the highest money i have ever seen is 25000 for a year (playing only). When i heard it i couldnt believe it.

John Lindsey would be so filthy with these claims. I know he is a very arrogant person but 1200 plus incentives is a joke. He is on 500.

People need to get real. The only players on truck loads are the ones that play football for actual jobs, not the ones that play purely for cash.

Aussie_dude said:
there is some absolute crap posted here. Reports of people getting 2000 a game is just rubbish. Just a load of crap. I have been around recruiting for years and i tell you the highest money i have ever seen is 25000 for a year (playing only). When i heard it i couldnt believe it.

John Lindsey would be so filthy with these claims. I know he is a very arrogant person but 1200 plus incentives is a joke. He is on 500.

People need to get real. The only players on truck loads are the ones that play football for actual jobs, not the ones that play purely for cash.

It's getting that way. There would be three footballers in the GV on $1400 - $1500 a game.

One player, who is not a coach, gets $30,000 plus a rented house for home games and it's an 18-game season. You do the maths. iT's getting way out of hand, but if the club's are shelling it out you can't blame the players for taking it.

localfootyguru said:
Geez Head,

5 flights for 4 kicks is a good return!!! Why would any club do that!!

Looking at their results so far this sort of recruiting isnt helping them too much except lowering the bank account and possibly filling some overrated players hip pockets.

Why do clubs bother!!!
Yeah.. sorry Guru on that evidence you would be right to think that. The other two players from Oak Park are going very nicely. Add to that, that i,m not privey to any of the other maths on payments, or for that matter who's paying it(is it sponsered). This may be a thing the club is forced to do to allure top contract players. Is there a 195cm ruckman down there who wants a quid and is prepared to get on the plane??:eek:

Yeah Connick would be right up there. Gun player when the going was one way traffic, but as soon as push came to shove, he went missing. Made the mistake of calling Lake Boga "pussy cats" after Swan Hill's 2003 prelim final win at Kerang, Boga played Swan Hill in the Grand Final and pumped them by 10 goals. After the game, the boga boys celebrated by drawing wiskers on their faces and going to Connicks work.

Another high paid dud is/was Moulameins 2006 coach Paul "Rocket" Jones. Came to the club promising big things, but the only thing bigger than his guts was his mouth. He steered them to an impressive 0 wins from first 6 rounds before being sacked by the club. Watched him play first hand, and the only thing that kept him on the ground was the fence around it. Classic sheep dog... look at me, 25 kicks 15 hand balls... no hard ball gets. turned it over at least 50% of the time too. TOOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back