Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

bronco27 said:
camron beazly 2 hotdogs and a can of lightice every home game at spotswood.
not worth 2 hotdogs maybe 1.

The can of lightice is his limit because he has tendancy to go a bit silly if he has anymore than that

JC1981 said:
De-listed AFL players are told by there managers to take the best job that comes with playing footy rather than the most amount of cash.

Thats true... I know follow the Geelong leagues that there is money thrown around but nothing too silly. Portalington, struggling club for the past 15 years in the Bellarine, through big cash around for ex-Cat Paul Lynch and fellow lara and Vic country player Aaron Langsworth. Apparently Lynch got 40k as player coach and Lansworth got 22k but things haven't improved at Port.
Barwon Heads, another team in the BFL have spent big on older GFL players. Sure enough they are winning but surely they could've spent it on other things such as junior programs, investments and facilities to ensure a sequre future!
In the GFL, a lot of the players are looed by job oppotunites. Sure players would get some good money for playing but if they could be offered a 50 to 60k job a year, then they would be set for once they retire!
Wondering how many country clubs have pokies?? Thats when the money gets plashed around big time. I've already heard that Lara in the GFL are cashed up and have already signed a few players from the Werribee VFL, which will be paid more then they would be at Werribee next year.

Money doesn't buy you loyality and that is what will win you the games in good comps at the end of the day.

Spot on! Why do so many clubs that splash the cah around miss the prize? Simple, because they have no heart when the finals come around. Money may get you into finals but heart and loyalty usually wins them!

Money doesn't buy you loyality and that is what will win you the games in good comps at the end of the day.[/quote]

Reverse Gerry said:
Spot on! Why do so many clubs that splash the cah around miss the prize? Simple, because they have no heart when the finals come around. Money may get you into finals but heart and loyalty usually wins them!

Money doesn't buy you loyality and that is what will win you the games in good comps at the end of the day.
[/QUOTE]
GOLD

Is it true Port Colts FC (WRFL) have struggled to pay their players on a few occasions over the last few years (say 5). Rumours abound every year about it.

Didn't a certain player who has now moved to Strathmore have a dispute with a committee member over his match payments as the club couldn't pay him which actually turned physical????????? Pretty ordinary when a committee person cops a couple cos the club couldn't (or wouldn't) cough up the required coin.

Hope he gets his coin at the Strathmore millionaires.............. or BANG!!!!

I would have to say Adam Ritchie from Wedderburn in the North Central FL. Yeah hes not a bad player good ruckman and can kick goals fron55 on the run, but when he only plays about 10 games a year no pre season lucky to train once a week. He is gettin $500 cash and never pays for a beer or feed. What a joke.......

THE RED MAN said:
Is it true Port Colts FC (WRFL) have struggled to pay their players on a few occasions over the last few years (say 5). Rumours abound every year about it.

Didn't a certain player who has now moved to Strathmore have a dispute with a committee member over his match payments as the club couldn't pay him which actually turned physical????????? Pretty ordinary when a committee person cops a couple cos the club couldn't (or wouldn't) cough up the required coin.

Hope he gets his coin at the Strathmore millionaires.............. or BANG!!!!
Wrong info Red Man the players that stay loyal do get their payments and that is why the Colts have a strong bond and it shows when they lift for each other when the pressure is on ,only the greedy one's that want more and don't deserve it move on,also the dispute had nothing to do with money it was about that player not putting in for the team.

THE RED MAN said:

Hope he gets his coin at the Strathmore millionaires.............. or BANG!!!![/quote
WELL RED MAN all the players have been paid except one who claims he is owed $800 and the new comittee has no record of it being owed all have been paid except the coach who has donated his money for the last 3years back to the club or has paid some players out of his own pocket.
In saying that there are alot of clubs that do at one time or another struggle to pay their players but im sure if they stay loyal they would alwys get it in the end.
The port colts fc is now very financial so for you to get on here and bag our club behind sn alias is weak as :D:D:D:D show some heart and come down and face us and then pot our club

ROCK07 said:
THE RED MAN said:
Is it true Port Colts FC (WRFL)

WELL RED MAN all the players have been paid except one who claims he is owed $800 and the new comittee has no record of it being owed all have been paid except the coach who has donated his money for the last 3years back to the club or has paid some players out of his own pocket.
In saying that there are alot of clubs that do at one time or another struggle to pay their players but im sure if they stay loyal they would alwys get it in the end.
The port colts fc is now very financial so for you to get on here and bag our club behind sn alias is weak as :D:D:D:D show some heart and come down and face us and then pot our club

There are always two sides to every story Red Man , you sound like you are in the know, be dissapionted if that was the case, speaking out of school could get you into strife. Rather than speculate, a story like this requires the facts. Speak up or for ever hold your peace.

I recall it being posted many times that all clubs work in the parameters that they themselves set, some bigger than others is a given. Money does by players but does it buy heart and sole? I think not

The people who roam the footy world chasing the dough are entitled to do whatever they like. But at the end of carrers how many of the clubs in which they have played will remember them as good clubman.

are use blokes idiots or something. harvey 2k a game watever!! use have obviously got no idea whats going on at wakool do use!! wakools not spending half the money that everyone thinks they are. its called a good coach that knows alot of people and alot of good players. wakool could quite easily flog the arses off alot of CMFL teams.

FLAMMABLE said:
are use blokes idiots or something. harvey 2k a game watever!! use have obviously got no idea whats going on at wakool do use!! wakools not spending half the money that everyone thinks they are. its called a good coach that knows alot of people and alot of good players. wakool could quite easily flog the arses off alot of CMFL teams.
The whole balranald team is over paid majorly especially chris dunne who was on 2000 a game ther.

Go Cohuna said:
The whole balranald team is over paid majorly especially chris dunne who was on 2000 a game ther.

Halve whatever you hear. The pres at Wakool (who would either tell me the truth or not tell me at all) told me Harvey is on $1200. I doubt Dunne was on $2000- Again halve it and you might be right. Isn't is funny that clubs in the bottom half are the ones that continually bring up money and inflate the payments. Every club has the same money making opportunities apart from the very, very rare ones that are backed by an individual (Balranald).

FLAMMABLE said:
"YOU" abviously have very little idea about anything flamma, "USE" as you put it, is what Harvey and others are doing to Wakool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yaaablett said:
Halve whatever you hear. The pres at Wakool (who would either tell me the truth or not tell me at all) told me Harvey is on $1200. I doubt Dunne was on $2000- Again halve it and you might be right. Isn't is funny that clubs in the bottom half are the ones that continually bring up money and inflate the payments. Every club has the same money making opportunities apart from the very, very rare ones that are backed by an individual (Balranald).
Not every club has the same money income. Balranald has the tree cutting business and they inject heaps into the club every year that's what i have heard.

Go Cohuna said:
Not every club has the same money income. Balranald has the tree cutting business and they inject heaps into the club every year that's what i have heard.

The wood cutting business is run by a local bloke. It is his business not the footy clubs. He is the one who is bankrolling the club, and i tell you what if they do not win it this year they will not get a cent from him next year

This thread is getting interesting.... Well who cares what players are getting, if a club can cover the costs from year to year who cares. The thing i admire about the situation is the amount of big name players who are not only returning to there former clubs etc but the players who have never played country football having the guts to get out into it and i bet most are enjoying it especially the more relaxed atmoshpere. Just because someone has such great talent doesnt mean he has to play at the highest level to be happy.Im very sure for every person who dislikes what a club is doing there are about 10 who have great respect. If you are a football supporter i dont think you would be down hearted to watch your team play better as it has a few big name players on board who have made a hugh commitment to travel large km's each weekend. Many will say clubs are only chasing a GF but im very sure the majority are just searching for survival first followed by supporter and club satisfaction. Take a look at a country game with city players and you will see how much more interest there is in them over other games.

Tassie Devil said:
This thread is getting interesting.... Well who cares what players are getting, if a club can cover the costs from year to year who cares. The thing i admire about the situation is the amount of big name players who are not only returning to there former clubs etc but the players who have never played country football having the guts to get out into it and i bet most are enjoying it especially the more relaxed atmoshpere. Just because someone has such great talent doesnt mean he has to play at the highest level to be happy.Im very sure for every person who dislikes what a club is doing there are about 10 who have great respect. If you are a football supporter i dont think you would be down hearted to watch your team play better as it has a few big name players on board who have made a hugh commitment to travel large km's each weekend. Many will say clubs are only chasing a GF but im very sure the majority are just searching for survival first followed by supporter and club satisfaction. Take a look at a country game with city players and you will see how much more interest there is in them over other games.

thats as bout as good a post as ive seen on here tassie great work....

ROCK07 said:
It must be said that the amount some players ask for is absolutely crazy and they are definately not worth it ,you always find that there are other local players that will play for almost nothing and be as valuable on and off the ground.
Money is ruining local footy and over the last 25yrs we have seen many clubs fold metro and country and if it continues there will be more of the same.
I hope a few of these over paid blokes pull there heads in and stop asking for so much and clubs stop paying out so much money and let there be a bit more loyalty as we all know money is the root of all evil.
I'm interested to here others comments and opinions on what could be done to fix this problem.
We need some kind of salary cap system.

I like your idea of a salary cap system and it was suggested by the VCFL for use by thier affiliated leagues.

It would be too hard to police though.

Go Cohuna said:

dont be silly Dunne wasn't on $2000 !!!

FLAMMABLE said:
you have to be pulling your self flame boy. Wakool nearly got done by Quamby. Sure you guys are going all right but get your tongue out your
a r s e and start talking sense!!!!

Bell Park Football Club down in Geelong has certainly thrown a bit of cash around in the last two years...
First of all there was the aboriginal experiment which lured the highly fancied Rowan Bonson down to Hamlyn Park he then got home sick and returned home...
And you would have thought that they would have learnt a lesson from that, but no...This year they threw money at Quinten Bolton from Peel Thunder in Perth. He showed plenty of promise in the pre season, but like rowan before him he too grew homesick and returned home.

EDFL MAN said:
Bronco27, l have to say if this is true and a player that kicks 70 to 80 goals a year and plays for nothing is awesome in my opinion.
By the sounds of it this player Clake could chase coin and get easy $250 to $400 a game. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Only scene this bloke play a few games but one of the best leads and kicks i have ever scene . he plays on small grounds in the wrfl were the forward line is crowded 95% of the time and still seems to find space on a lead. put him on a big open ground that rarely gets crowded like o and m bush footy this bloke would kick 150 and a great footy brain this bloke is worth 25000 per year in the bush

chopsewie said:
Only scene this bloke play a few games but one of the best leads and kicks i have ever scene . he plays on small grounds in the wrfl were the forward line is crowded 95% of the time and still seems to find space on a lead. put him on a big open ground that rarely gets crowded like o and m bush footy this bloke would kick 150 and a great footy brain this bloke is worth 25000 per year in the bush
You think a bloke who kicks 70-80 goals per year in the WRFL would kick 150 in the O&M? You've got to be kidding us all.

Clarke would not kick more than 60 goals in O&M. WRFL does not even come close to that standard of footy. Have seen stand out players from WRFL go into DVFL and EDFL an really struggle to get a kick and then sook and go back to WRFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Over Paid Local Footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back