Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has Newcastle lost to in recent cup runs? They weren't easy teams were they?

My only issue with wanting to go down is that you're no guarantee to go back up.

Oh we've definitely been unlucky in the cups for sure. Coming up against some real powerhouse clubs like Stevenage, Peterborough and a Poyet inspired Brighton twice!

Check this out Jatz - year's under Ashley are in red...really shows the huge ambition Ashley has had for the club since coming in.
Cup_record.jpg

FA Cup:
  • 07/08 - lost to Arsenal (3-0) away, 4th round.
  • 08/09 - lost to @SMs boys (1-0) at home, 3rd round.
  • 09/10 - lost to West Brom (4-2) away, 4th round.
  • 10/11 - lost to LEAGUE TWO Stevenage (3-1) away, 3rd round. :$
  • 11/12 - lost to Brighton (under Poyet) (1-0) away, 4th round.
  • 12/13 - lost to Brighton (under Poyet) AGAIN (2-0) away, 3rd round.
  • 13/14 - lost to Cardiff (1-2) home, 3rd round.
  • 14/15 - lost to Leicester (1-0) away, 3rd round.

League Cup:
  • 07/08 - lost to Arsenal (2-0) away, 3rd round.
  • 08/09 - lost to Spurs (1-2) at home, 3rd round.
  • 09/10 - lost to (League One) Peterborough (2-0) away, 3rd round.
  • 10/11 - lost to Arsenal (4-0) home, 4th round.
  • 11/12 - lost to Blackburn (4-3) away, 4th round.
  • 12/13 - lost to Man Utd (2-1) away, 3rd round.
  • 13/14 - lost to Man City (0-2) home, 4th round.
  • 14/15 - lost to Spurs (4-0) away, Quarter final.

P.S - not sure how it happened (or if chef and you agree) but it might be worth moving all this over to the Owners thread at some point so we can keep this thread for manager discussion! :p

They play their reserves in the cup to concentrate on the league. Your mob beat their reserve team 1-0 in the cup this season.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/04/leicester-city-newcastle-united-fa-cup-match-report

And that would be fine...if we actually tried in the league also! :$

From making the quarter/semi/final of the cups to fearing lower league opposition. :(

Glad we can still look forward to performing strongly in the league. Oh wait. :drunk:

How would they collect the money? That's around $25 Aussie so I'd be at least interested.
I'd suggest bank transfer.

I'd be pretty interested as well. Would be fun 'being' part of a club.

The only way to find out is to email the address. I suspect it is a bank transfer. I do wonder what the communication would be like to all that have taken a share? A weekly emailed newsletter? What sort of issues would fans be required to vote in? Every little thing, or just the big ones like away shirts and what have you?

Also, Jatz... is that avatar your creation? The weirdest thing is that I haven't seen the ostrich hybrid attempted yet. That's the first I've seen.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind buying a share myself actually - assuming that would give you voting rights and some kind of regular emails on what's happening with the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pm me your paypal details (including password) and I'll make the necessary arrangments from over here. ;)

Hyde is a bit of a hike away for me, so I might have to take some expenses for administration reasons, I'm sure you all understand. ;)

Pm me your paypal details (including password) and I'll make the necessary arrangments from over here. ;)

Hyde is a bit of a hike away for me, so I might have to take some expenses for administration reasons, I'm sure you all understand. ;)

I didn't know you indulged in Nigerian banking :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back