Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd run a mile from this. Looks like 3rd party deals using clubs instead of agents.

Adams isnt the sharpest tool in the shed so would be interesting to see the true motives of the people standing in the background.

Anyone know who Tony Adams is?

Tony Alexander Adams, MBE (born 10 October 1966) is an English football manager and former Arsenal player.

Adams spent his entire playing career of 22 years as a defender at Arsenal.[1] He is considered one of the greatest Arsenal players of all time by the club's own fans [2] and was included in the Football League 100 Legends. With Arsenal, he won four top flight division titles, uniquely captaining a title-winning team in three different decades, three FA Cups, two Football League Cups, a UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and three FA Community Shields. A statue honouring Adams was unveiled at Emirates stadium on 9 December 2011, along with statues of Thierry Henry and Herbert Chapman

Also captained England and won 66 caps.

zp_Adams5_3518.jpg

That being said, He's proved to be a bog average manager at Portsmouth and Wycombe. Has constantly tried to be involved with the high levels of management at Arsenal but the club isn't really interested in his ability as anything more than a club Legend.

Also isn't any kind of suave business man. Not someone i'd want running my club. Also doesn't have anywhere near the kind of money needed for owning a football club so someone else will be pulling his strings in any case.

The only way to find out is to email the address. I suspect it is a bank transfer. I do wonder what the communication would be like to all that have taken a share? A weekly emailed newsletter? What sort of issues would fans be required to vote in? Every little thing, or just the big ones like away shirts and what have you?

Also, Jatz... is that avatar your creation? The weirdest thing is that I haven't seen the ostrich hybrid attempted yet. That's the first I've seen.
Haha no not mine. Loved it though, still makes me laugh looking at it.

Bigfooty to take over Hyde FC :D

Did you actually inquire LCynic ?
Yep. Sent an email to the address on the tweet. Dude forwarded me to the director slash secretary because I'm from overseas. Guy's address was the destination for my donation.

Yep. Sent an email to the address on the tweet. Dude forwarded me to the director slash secretary because I'm from overseas. Guy's address was the destination for my donation.
So you've actually bought some of the shares then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get that with FC united.

http://www.fcumshop.co.uk/_buyProduct.php?back=1&page=page40&news=377
12 quid and it's yours.

You get voting rights and frequent emails (which I don't read :$)

Might buy a share in both. Would love to get in on Forest Green if they were publicly listed or had shares available for purchase.

Hopefully the FA don't come down on me for (part) owning 2 clubs... :D

I know Lerner wants to sell Villa, but there's just something very off about this. Surely not.

http://news.sky.com/story/1479493/ex-arsenal-captain-adams-eyes-villa-takeover

£150m for Villa. That seems... very disappointing.

$150m for Villa? Why not find another $100m and put a bid in for the Toon (Willie Moat, Freddy Shepherd and maybe Shearer might all throw in some money)! ;)

Granted Adams doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence as a business or (outside his decorated playing career) football expert (not much different from what we have currently lol!), would be a hero to the Geordie nation if he could save the club from the clutches of Cashley.

Thought you loved owning a club and would take every opportunity to take an interest in them? I read every Hull story I see and I don't even have a stake in the club.
Perhaps I go onto the website every day (or 2) and read the stories there, so the weekly email is old news?

And 80% of the time it's just a 'really good game last week, get out to the next game!' message.

Perhaps I go onto the website every day (or 2) and read the stories there, so the weekly email is old news?

And 80% of the time it's just a 'really good game last week, get out to the next game!' message.

As a part owner perhaps you should suggest ways they can improve it then?

"We had some discussions with Sports Direct, about the best constitution for the club to ensure we were a democratic club. A club that was going to be responsive to its supporters but at the same time also put something back into the community" - Andy Walsh, General Manager of FC United.

"We had some discussions with Sports Direct, about the best constitution for the club to ensure we were a democratic club. A club that was going to be responsive to its supporters but at the same time also put something back into the community" - Andy Walsh, General Manager of FC United.

What's that in relation to DB? Some kind of community partnership?

For your sake, hopefully they won't be employing any 'best practices' from us! :p

What's that in relation to DB? Some kind of community partnership?

For your sake, hopefully they won't be employing any 'best practices' from us! :p
When we set up our constitution 10 years ago.

When we set up our constitution 10 years ago.

Any particular reason FC United would reach out to Sports Direct for assistance when drafting up the club's constitution DB?

Given the rather unsavoury reputation of the company, I'm not sure they are the best qualified to be advising on 'democratic' practices or 'giving back to the community'.

Then again, IIRC, the 'bad' aspects of Sports Direct (zero hour contracts for example) may have been recent (less than 10 years ago) introductions so maybe they weren't so bad back when the constitution was being made. Certainly Ashley/Sports Direct were seen as heroes when they first arrived at the club. :(

Haha all good. If you do find out I'd be interested to know :)
At the moment we are waiting to establish the formal share issue, which will be announced following discussions with Supporters Direct. However, if you wish, your donation can be converted into a share once the share issue is in place.

At the moment we are waiting to establish the formal share issue, which will be announced following discussions with Supporters Direct. However, if you wish, your donation can be converted into a share once the share issue is in place.
........Maybe it was Supporters Direct rather than Sports Direct. I can swear Walsh said Sports Direct, made minimal understanding why we would've spoken to them about a constitution. Supporters Direct makes ALOT more sense.

........Maybe it was Supporters Direct rather than Sports Direct. I can swear Walsh said Sports Direct, made minimal understanding why we would've spoken to them about a constitution. Supporters Direct makes ALOT more sense.

:oops: A lot more sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back