Pack ya bags Chicky

Remove this Banner Ad

omg talk about drama queens you lot! Chick is not to blame. Cousins is to blame but this doesn't make him a bad person, he was just in an un enviable situation from the start. Cousins will be fine he is stronger then this.

Stop bagging plaers and looking for a scapegoat.

I must be missing something here.

My understanding so far is that:

Cousins has some 'issues' to sort out. His parents try to help out, but instead he goes to live with Chick - (who previously helped him through a tough time?) - something of a 'father figure' to the misguided Cousins.

Cousins ex-gf (long-term) attends Brauns party with Embley. Cousins is in a rather precarious mental state, so Chick perhaps 'suggests' that the offending party(ies) remove themselves from the party.

Words are exchanged, and Embley (standing up for BC's ex-gf) and Chick (standing up for a team-mates) come to blows?

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me understand how Embley comes out of that situation without a comment, and Chick is the 'cancer' of the club?

Based on Embers' other previous rumours about Daniel Chick - i'd say there's nothing to take much notice of here.

Chick to retire

That actually was a rumour which Karl Hagdorn (can't spell his last name) talked about on 6PR a lot. Embers just relayed it.

I wouldn't be shocked if Embers, the poster on BF, had a bias against Chick though, purely because Chick is old by AFL standards and therefore hurts our chances of being the youngest team to ever walk onto an AFL ground, which Embers wants.

So it seems at the moment the likely story is something like this then...

Cousins just splits up with his gf whom he had been with for the past 10 years in not the best circumstances due to his constant partying (he was from all reports pretty hungover a few weeks back at the preseason jumper presentation).

So he leaves home, His parents try to help out, but instead he goes to live with Chick - (who has previously helped him through tough times) - something of a 'father figure' to the misguided Cousins.

Michael Braun hosts an engagement party on Sat night and Embley brings along his wife and also Cousins’s ex (whom is a good friend of Embley’s wife).

Chick (whose estranged wife is living in the USA by the way) then stands up for his mate Cousins and tells Embley and co to leave with a few choice words.

Embley fires back and then both come to blows in a heated incident before leaving.

The fight between the two continues over the weekend.

Cousins can’t handle all of what is going on at the moment and misses training - turning to booze and drugs.

Coach Worsfold goes out to find Cousins (and Chick who also missed morning training to "look after" his mate), whereby a few more choice words are heard.

Chick attends the afternoon training session (although Cousins does not) and gets into another fight with Embley during it and then storms off.

Cousins is made to sit a club appointed (internal – non AFL controlled) drug test, which comes up as being positive (just speculation however – yet to be confirmed) and then is suspended indefinitely without pay until the club can be sure that he is clean.

The West Coast Eagles football club and the Cousins family are now seeking legal advice regarding the pay issue with the suspension.

Worsfold calls both Chick and Embley in, cracks their skulls and tells them to get their act together.

Chick then gets fined $10,000 for missing a training session.

That sound correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21424435-5012432,00.html

:eek:

Double life of champion going off rails
Chip Le Grand
March 22, 2007

IT was as if Ben Cousins had discovered Nirvana. By day he was a champion footballer; one of the best and most celebrated in Australia. By night he let his mind wander and body roam under the influence of the best drugs available. And he felt brilliant.
His favourite drug was cocaine; seemingly the perfect illicit substance for the modern professional athlete.
Where grog fattens your gut and dope stays in your blood for up to three weeks, cocaine gives you a tremendous high, keeps you thin and can be out of your system in eight to 12 hours. It doesn't come cheap. A gram of coke on the streets of Perth sells for about $350. But for an AFL player earning $600,000 a year, money is little object - particularly once you are on friendly terms with one the city's most reliable suppliers.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21424435-5012432,00.html

:eek:

Double life of champion going off rails
Chip Le Grand
March 22, 2007

IT was as if Ben Cousins had discovered Nirvana. By day he was a champion footballer; one of the best and most celebrated in Australia. By night he let his mind wander and body roam under the influence of the best drugs available. And he felt brilliant.
His favourite drug was cocaine; seemingly the perfect illicit substance for the modern professional athlete.
Where grog fattens your gut and dope stays in your blood for up to three weeks, cocaine gives you a tremendous high, keeps you thin and can be out of your system in eight to 12 hours. It doesn't come cheap. A gram of coke on the streets of Perth sells for about $350. But for an AFL player earning $600,000 a year, money is little object - particularly once you are on friendly terms with one the city's most reliable suppliers.

You would be surprised, coke is the drug of choice among a lot of AFL players. As the article says, its out of a players system in 8-12 hours which makes it harder to test for and doesn't get you bloated like Alcohol does so its no wonder players choose that instead of booze. Im not condoning drug use here and i dont think it should be done period, but players are choosing what they perceive to be the 'smarter' choice when it comes to whats going to impact their body more come training and game day

Its already fact that Chick kinghit Embley. Hardly rumor anymore. Its clear for all here that all hes done is make the Cousins situation worse then it once was and has caused a rift among players aswell as being a twit to those who deserve more respect then hes shown. I guess he deserves one last chance but he should count himself lucky.

Embers, how did he make the Cousins situation worse?? if he thought he was doing the right thing by sticking up for his mate, I really cant see that as making it worse. The same goes for Embley really, if he thought by bringing Druce to Cchics place would helpBen and her sort out their ****, then hey.... who are we to say the were making it worse.

They obviously feel very strongly with this situation, and are trying to help in their own way!!

Embers, how did he make the Cousins situation worse?? if he thought he was doing the right thing by sticking up for his mate, I really cant see that as making it worse. The same goes for Embley really, if he thought by bringing Druce to Cchics place would helpBen and her sort out their ****, then hey.... who are we to say the were making it worse.

They obviously feel very strongly with this situation, and are trying to help in their own way!!
you know what they say about the best intentions...

:(

I must be missing something here.

My understanding so far is that:

Cousins has some 'issues' to sort out. His parents try to help out, but instead he goes to live with Chick - (who previously helped him through a tough time?) - something of a 'father figure' to the misguided Cousins.

Cousins ex-gf (long-term) attends Brauns party with Embley. Cousins is in a rather precarious mental state, so Chick perhaps 'suggests' that the offending party(ies) remove themselves from the party.

Words are exchanged, and Embley (standing up for BC's ex-gf) and Chick (standing up for a team-mates) come to blows?

I'm sorry but I can't for the life of me understand how Embley comes out of that situation without a comment, and Chick is the 'cancer' of the club?
m niether, chick is a good mate.

So it seems at the moment the likely story is something like this then...

Cousins just splits up with his gf whom he had been with for the past 10 years in not the best circumstances due to his constant partying (he was from all reports pretty hungover a few weeks back at the preseason jumper presentation).

So he leaves home, His parents try to help out, but instead he goes to live with Chick - (who has previously helped him through tough times) - something of a 'father figure' to the misguided Cousins.

Michael Braun hosts an engagement party on Sat night and Embley brings along his wife and also Cousins’s ex (whom is a good friend of Embley’s wife).

Chick (whose estranged wife is living in the USA by the way) then stands up for his mate Cousins and tells Embley and co to leave with a few choice words.

Embley fires back and then both come to blows in a heated incident before leaving.

The fight between the two continues over the weekend.

Cousins can’t handle all of what is going on at the moment and misses training - turning to booze and drugs.

Coach Worsfold goes out to find Cousins (and Chick who also missed morning training to "look after" his mate), whereby a few more choice words are heard.

Chick attends the afternoon training session (although Cousins does not) and gets into another fight with Embley during it and then storms off.

Cousins is made to sit a club appointed (internal – non AFL controlled) drug test, which comes up as being positive (just speculation however – yet to be confirmed) and then is suspended indefinitely without pay until the club can be sure that he is clean.

The West Coast Eagles football club and the Cousins family are now seeking legal advice regarding the pay issue with the suspension.

Worsfold calls both Chick and Embley in, cracks their skulls and tells them to get their act together.

Chick then gets fined $10,000 for missing a training session.

That sound correct?

or something like this... been doing the email rounds the last day or so...

[highly unreliable speculation removed - Mr E.]

or something like this... been doing the email rounds the last day or so...

[highly unreliable speculation removed - Mr E.]

And then Chuck Norris came in and saved the day, seriously thats all that story is missing at this stage

And then Chuck Norris came in and saved the day, seriously thats all that story is missing at this stage

sounded pretty feasible (apart form the 6 [somethings] in the [something]!) given the last 4 days- but prehaps not the best place to post can someone pass me the directions to bay13:cool:

Your the one whose started all this. All thats happened is you got Embley and Cousins involved. Chick is a much bigger problem around the club then Cousins. Quite simply its Chicks last year anyway. Easily replaced. Send him on his way now please DG before he causes more problems

is this in any way a reference to the email doing the rounds??

Remove this Banner Ad

Pack ya bags Chicky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back