MVP PAFC B&F 2024 - Congratz Butters (AFL), Clurey (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

John Cahill Medal leader board

1. Zak Butters - 159
2. Jason Horne-Francis - 152
3. Aliir Aliir - 129
4. Connor Rozee - 118
5. Dan Houston - 117
6. Willem Drew - 115
=7.  Darcy Byrne-Jones - 112
=7.  Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 112
9.  Miles Bergman - 103
10.  Ollie Wines - 93

AFL award winners

John Cahill Medal (Best and Fairest)
Zak Butters

John Cahill Medal runner-up
Jason Horne-Francis

Bruce Weber Memorial Award (second runner-up)
Aliir Aliir

Fos Williams Medal (best team man)
Willem Drew

Gavin Wanganeen Award (best player under 21)
Jason Horne-Francis

Coaches’ Award (most improved)
Jase Burgoyne

John McCarthy Award (for community service)
Dante Visentini

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't value goalkicking. Goals are just something that happens when you generate enough inside 50s.
And helps you win games.

It's actually why I despise modern football. It's all about disposals, I couldn't give a toss, if the other team had 20 goals but less disposals and you had 15 goals but more disposals, guess who still wins?

I love Butters but I am still bitter over the last 4 years of finals performances. Has not performed when it matters.

Really needs a big year next year.
Ahahahah

Backing up his AA and best and fairest, with another. (2023,2024)

Whilst playing a portion of the year with a broken collarbone

Played finals with broken ribs

They don't value goalkicking. Goals are just something that happens when you generate enough inside 50s.

To be fair, This just isn't true. Gray won his fair share of BnFs, so did Tredrea, and Wingard won one.

And we've have had some pretty unorthodox winners in the past too (Ryder, Westhoff, DBJ)

It's far from just a midfielders award

To be fair, This just isn't true. Gray won his fair share of BnFs, so did Tredrea, and Wingard won one.

And we've have had some pretty unorthodox winners in the past too (Ryder, Westhoff, DBJ)

It's far from just a midfielders award

I mean under Hinkley, we don't value goalkicking.

We play a forward setup that values volume I50s and stopping intercept marks. That's it. We have no real plan to generate high percentage scoring opportunities. We don't create movement, we don't make space, we don't honour leads in the corridor. We kick intentionally to the pockets to lower the chance of an intercept and quick rebound. You can see it clearly in the way we play.

Mitch averaged the most goals by a Port player since Schulz and Wingard in 2015 and didn't make the top 10 of the B&F. That only happens when the coaches don't value goalkicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP PAFC B&F 2024 - Congratz Butters (AFL), Clurey (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back