Toast Butters and Houston in the All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me old school, but would it kill these blokes to put a tie on? Sloppy

View attachment 2096274

I have a vendetta against ties. They are stupid and serve no purpose. Just don’t understand the social norm that is “ties are fancy so should be worn”.

It’s just a random piece of cloth that hangs from the neck and is uncomfortable.

Freedom from ties for all!!

I have a vendetta against ties. They are stupid and serve no purpose. Just don’t understand the social norm that is “ties are fancy so should be worn”.

It’s just a random piece of cloth that hangs from the neck and is uncomfortable.

An All-Australian team, but with no other country in the world to play against.

As the Americans have taught us, this is irrelevant.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Booing with a tie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lacey Underall disagrees...

1724983820931.png

As the Americans have taught us, this is irrelevant.
Now that there is no representative state football, an All Oz selection, in particular multiple All Oz selections, becomes a marker of a players greatness and standing against his peers, especially for those players who don't get the opportunity to play finals or only the odd one in their careers.

Finals is the true marker of greatness. That's why Dusty's 3 Norm Smith medals and his overall finals output, is a greater measure than his 4 All Oz selections, compared to some players who have gained 7 or 8 selections since the 1991 system has been used.

Over the whole 23 game season yeah he was probably the best / most consistent. I probably saw 10 of his games.

The best individual ruck performance I saw, was the Big O - Oscar McInerney's game against us at AO in the disaster game against Brisbane to "celebrate" 20 years since 2004 flag.

Absolute smashed our rucks and pushed forward and kicked 3 goals, got 7 or 8 clearances, uses his left arm/hand to perfection to feed his mids, lots of contest possessions, including contested marks and plenty of ground ball gets and he gained 400 or 500m.
Fair call, I didn't think he was as dominant as he was in previous years and there's some good Ruckmen going around atm.

To be fair, JHF probably should've made it and Rankine would've been similar if not for injury/suspension.

Add Rozee, Day and Wanganeen-Milera into the broader discussion and the current generation look pretty good. The previous generation was awful though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Butters and Houston in the All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back