PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep reckon we’ll be applying to join our reserves into the VFL next year. Which is probably the official death of the Magpie unless we still want to keep our presence in the SANFL? I wouldn’t be against that idea. Not sure how we’d make it work though.

******* well said Richo. The first bit of straightshooting non-spin we've heard in maybe years.

Maybe there is hope after all.
Yup, fair, clear and to the point.

Yep reckon we’ll be applying to join our reserves into the VFL next year. Which is probably the official death of the Magpie unless we still want to keep our presence in the SANFL? I wouldn’t be against that idea. Not sure how we’d make it work though.

We wouldn't have the players to supply 3 teams. Port in the sanfl would need its zones back and we go back to the two club dilemma.

Plus it let's the sanfl have its cake and eat it too. There's no inherent threat in having teams across all three comps.

The latest CEO email is better from Richo..

Dear members and supporters,

The 2022 AFL season results have been a long way from our expectations.

There is no hiding from that.

After starting 0-5 we have shown resilience winning eight of our last 13 games but clearly being close enough in some of these games is not good enough. Losing seven games by under 14 points this season just highlights this fact.

The reality is we have put ourselves in this position and haven’t been good enough to win the games we have needed to win, including against the best teams in 2022 – Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle.

We have four games remaining in the home and away season, and how we finish is really important.

We have great belief in our playing list and our people, but the facts are we have to be better when it matters, in those close games and against the best teams.
Nah it just pissed me off.

All he ever does it says what people want to hear and he totally changes what he says depending on the audience.

All talk and no action.

I'm sick of it.

Also the last 4 weeks aren't important to me at all. The season is over. We aren't winning the flag and no wins are going to gloss.over the cracks.

There is nothing to be gained from the last 4 weeks except for pathetic excuses for not making the decision that needs to be made.

Also the last 4 weeks aren't important to me at all. The season is over. We aren't winning the flag and no wins are going to gloss.over the cracks.

There is nothing to be gained from the last 4 weeks except for pathetic excuses for not making the decision that needs to be made.
I‘m more certain than ever that it has been.

If we join the VFL we should be able to keep our black and white jumper, like Southport do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting timing of the email, right before we got knocked back of the use of the Prison Bars. Is it simply empty words to butter us before the blow?

We wouldn't have the players to supply 3 teams. Port in the sanfl would need its zones back and we go back to the two club dilemma.

Plus it let's the sanfl have its cake and eat it too. There's no inherent threat in having teams across all three comps.
I don't see how that would be a problem.

You are the facilitator of the Hinkley reprieve, aren’t you, Mr CEO.

You are only interested in you, aren’t you.

You can’t do anything to contribute to the Club winning a flag, can you.

So you focus on the AFLW girls.

And you focus on the Precinct.

Because you think these developments that you inherited will look good on your c.v.

Can’t have a senior coach sacking interfere with your personal glory.

Right?

Winning an AFL flag is too hard, right?

So you go for the obvious easy alternative/s to gain fame.

You are a washout and I regret to the point of tears of anguish that I supported your bid for CEO.

Chasing greatness? Chase your arse out the door. Mr CEO.

You are the facilitator of the Hinkley reprieve, aren’t you, Mr CEO.

You are only interested in you, aren’t you.

You can’t do anything to contribute to the Club winning a flag, can you.

So you focus on the AFLW girls.

And you focus on the Precinct.

Because you think these developments that you inherited will look good on your c.v.

Right?

Winning an AFL flag is too hard, right?

So you go for the obvious easy alternative/s to gain fame.

You are a washout and I regret to the point of tears of anguish that I supported your bid for CEO.

Chasing greatness? Chase your arse out the door. Mr CEO.
And give yourself an uppercut

If he can't deliver on his vision and won't pivot then he should tender his resignation to the board. As CEO this is his role, either drive us forward and deliver or if the board doesn't implement what you ask to be successful then leave. Put it back on them to back him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back