PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

I find Rucci’s articles really confusing. He seems to be constantly bringing up the past. He weirdly picks moments in the past and talks out both sides of his mouth with what he writes. Bottom line is we hated Football Park, it was the SANFL and Crows home stadium and the original deal to get into the AFL was payback by the SANFL to bring us to our knees. All the b/s re internal division, dark times, and scars from the past are all Rucci’s and Rico’s scars. He seems to try and please people who have been associated with the club who support him.

I agree with the sentiment of this forum that we have no edge as a club any more. I grew up knowing that we expect to win. If you are a CEO, board member and/or coach we must have that Port Adelaide edge. Not sure we have that with these shit articles talking about absolute nonsense.

Lockhart Road, Gremio is playing the Brazilian Second Division because we've decided to ignore the cracks we had while we were winning.

Everything came down as a house of cards all of a sudden.

The problem we have is we cannot be demoted to a lesser division, although with our management team if we came second in div 3 all we would hear from all & sundry how we are exceeding expectations.

When I resigned my membership, I wrote to Richo and stated that we needed a thorough independent external review. I even stated that my thoughts on the 13-14 success were more to do with improved fitness of the playing group than the newly appointed coaching genius. Not saying that Hinkley didn’t bring an initial positive result, just the club is putting too much weight on 2 years success when the only success since had been during heavily compromised seasons due to Covid. As soon as the game returns back to normal, we return to being slightly better than the S**t teams of the league.

Mate, there is success - total success - and there is partial success.

With total success there are indeed no cracks.

That’s the only sort of success I’m interested in.
There is also failure presented as success which is what this absolute suckhole CEO is trying to feed us.

Mate, there is success - total success - and there is partial success.

With total success there are indeed no cracks.

That’s the only sort of success I’m interested in.
Ok. Got it. We are talking the same thing.

“Total success” takes care of eventual cracks seamlessly.

The problem we have is we cannot be demoted to a lesser division, although with our management team if we came second in div 3 all we would hear from all & sundry how we are exceeding expectations.

When I resigned my membership, I wrote to Richo and stated that we needed a thorough independent external review. I even stated that my thoughts on the 13-14 success were more to do with improved fitness of the playing group than the newly appointed coaching genius. Not saying that Hinkley didn’t bring an initial positive result, just the club is putting too much weight on 2 years success when the only success since had been during heavily compromised seasons due to Covid. As soon as the game returns back to normal, we return to being slightly better than the S**t teams of the league.

Yep. I’ve made these very same points in other posts and threads, but mainly here:

John James, Mark Haysman and Matthew Primus
or
David Koch, Matthew Richardson and Ken Hinkley

Seriously hard to choose which combination has been worse for the PAFC and i never thought i would say that

or

Seriously hard to choose which combination has been worse for the PAFC and i never thought i would say that
Primus took us through a 2 season rebuild with no resources or players.

Hinkley has burned a decade while shitting on the captaincy and having every opportunity he could be given.

They arent close.

or

Wasn’t John James the CEO and then Hayesman took over? Brett Duncanson was president?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or

I thought the Dunk, Haysman appointment of Primus over Chris Scott because of the process they ran was the lowlight of all low times

We are 2 years into "Chasing Greatness" 5 year plan with 0 premierships of the 5 we are chasing. That means we need to win 3 on the trot starting in 2023. To close out 2022 without any mention of it, to me, means it's still very much the mission. We've also had absolutely nothing of any substance come out from the club appointing any responsibility for where we currently sit on that mission. If it's not abundantly clear to all and sundry that it's premiership or bust in 2023, then what are we doing. We will have addressed the list and the coaching staff by the end of next season. They're out of excuses. You can't point to injuries. What's the point of a 5 year plan to win 3 premierships if it's going to be derailed by a couple of significant injuries. Welcome to footy. I'm sorry, but it's premiership or bust for the coach on up next season as far as I'm concerned. Any concerns about those expectations should have been tabled pre-Feb 2021 when we decided to make our mission public. I don't begrudge the mission, I'm actually thankful for it as it might actually be the only thing that ensures any accountability at our club.

We are 2 years into "Chasing Greatness" 5 year plan with 0 premierships of the 5 we are chasing. That means we need to win 3 on the trot starting in 2023. To close out 2022 without any mention of it, to me, means it's still very much the mission. We've also had absolutely nothing of any substance come out from the club appointing any responsibility for where we currently sit on that mission. If it's not abundantly clear to all and sundry that it's premiership or bust in 2023, then what are we doing. We will have addressed the list and the coaching staff by the end of next season. They're out of excuses. You can't point to injuries. What's the point of a 5 year plan to win 3 premierships if it's going to be derailed by a couple of significant injuries. Welcome to footy. I'm sorry, but it's premiership or bust for the coach on up next season as far as I'm concerned. Any concerns about those expectations should have been tabled pre-Feb 2021 when we decided to make our mission public. I don't begrudge the mission, I'm actually thankful for it as it might actually be the only thing that ensures any accountability at our club.
The 3 in 5 year twaddle included the SANFL & AFLW arms.. still won't be achieved lol

The 3 in 5 year twaddle included the SANFL & AFLW arms.. still won't be achieved lol
Oh really? Lol. Holy sh!t, that's hilarious. Like you said though, the even sadder part is that we won't even meet that. I guess you can scrap my accountability statement then. Knowing us, we will sack the AFLW coach next season because we won't meet our targets.

I couldn't actually find those numbers on the club website and had to dig up news articles from the time so we've kind of buried it a bit.

Oh really? Lol. Holy sh!t, that's hilarious. Like you said though, the even sadder part is that we won't even meet that. I guess you can scrap my accountability statement then. Knowing us, we will sack the AFLW coach next season because we won't meet our targets.
It's a comedy show full of empty heads & empty words.

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back