Third Test (July 3-7) - Pallekele

First ODI (July 11) - Dambulla
Second ODI (July 15) - Pallekele
Third ODI (July 19) - Colombo
Fourth ODI (July 22) - Colombo
Fifth ODI (July 26) - Hambantota

First T20I (July 30) - Colombo
Second T20I (August 1) - Colombo

Sri Lanka squad: Angelo Mathews (c), Lahiru Thirimanne (VC), Dushmantha Chameera, Dinesh Chandimal, Nuwan Pradeep, Rangana Herath, Dimuth Karunaratne, Tharindal Kaushal, Suranga Lakmal, Jehan Muberak, Dilruwan Perera, Kusal Perera, Dhammika Prasad, Kumar Sangakkara, Kaushal Silva, Kithuruwan Vithanage

Pakistan squad:
Misbah-ul-Haq (c), Azhar Ali (VC), Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Ehsan Adil, Haris Sohail, Imran Khan, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shan Masood, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah, Younis Khan, Zulfiqar Babar

It's cool that Mubarak is back. A blast from the past is always good.

I think this will be a pretty close contest. Sangakarra has three tests left and will be hell bent on going out on a high so I am going to pick Sri Lanka purely for that lazy reason!

The worst thing by a mile about a rain delay is the fact they constantly replay the ****ing Pakistan vs India world t20 final in 09... Absolute shits me to tears. Stop raining please galle.

Mubarak is the really tall fella, yeah? Remember him vaguely.

Think he was born in Washington DC.

Yep and yep. Toured over here with the Sri Lankan ODI squad for the tri-series all the way back in 2001-02. Always been a fringe player but is a gun fieldsman. Think the reason he is so nostalgic to me is that he would have played in the Australia A warm-up games that used to be televised which as a kid I absolutely loved. To expose my nerdishly obsessive knowledge about inconsequential cricketing facts, I'm also pretty sure that was the game that Ryan Campbell pulled out the scoop shot for the first time.

Yep and yep. Toured over here with the Sri Lankan ODI squad for the tri-series all the way back in 2001-02. Always been a fringe player but is a gun fieldsman. Think the reason he is so nostalgic to me is that he would have played in the Australia A warm-up games that used to be televised which as a kid I absolutely loved. To expose my nerdishly obsessive knowledge about inconsequential cricketing facts, I'm also pretty sure that was the game that Ryan Campbell pulled out the scoop shot for the first time.
He also scored 48 on ODI debut...

...off 117 deliveries, chasing 320 odd.

EDIT: Forget that, it's Vandort I'm thinking of.

Last edited:
Only just realised Fox Sports are showing this and there is only 50 runs to go. :$

Dean Jones. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sri Lanka have some complete duds in their line up. Big worries about their depth, especially post-Sangakarra.

You reckon?

There's nobody who will fill the unfillable hole of Sangakkara, but I wouldn't say that Silva, Thirimanne and Chandimal are 'complete duds'. Vithanage has had a shocker of a series, but too young and inexperienced to make a snap decision like that on.

They look to be fairly promising on the bowling front. Kaushal and Chameera are both young, the latter can bowl 150km/h which is something I haven't really seen in the Sri Lankan team for a while.

Overall they're in a bit of a transition period so it might be a bit tough for them for a few years.

The Lankans had a very good second test. Will be interesting to see if they can win the series from being 1-0 down.

Has been an interesting series so far.

Be interesting to see how they go without Sangakkara who is apparently going to miss the 3rd test so he can play for Surrey.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-pakistan-2015/content/story/892617.html

Very odd to play only 2 tests in each series????

I guess it was a deal he reached with SL cricket if he fulfilled their desire for him to play. in my view, its a backhanded slap at the SL board for the payment problems the SL players have. CHose to play for Surrey rather than SL....not a huge compliment to the SL board is that.

Very odd to play only 2 tests in each series????

I guess it was a deal he reached with SL cricket if he fulfilled their desire for him to play. in my view, its a backhanded slap at the SL board for the payment problems the SL players have. CHose to play for Surrey rather than SL....not a huge compliment to the SL board is that.

Also seems pretty bad given the current series is 1-1

If Angelo Matthews could actually take a wicket occasionally, he'd be a really good bowler.

His figures so far this series - 29.2 overs - 11 maidens - 45 runs - 2 wickets (22.50 average, 1.53 economy rate, 88.0 strike rate)
Career figures - 455.2 overs - 95 maidens - 1,316 runs - 25 wickets (52.64 average, 2.89 economy rate, 109.2 strike rate)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pakistan's tour of Sri Lanka - 3 Tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back