Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe I'm saying this, but... we needed more Delly. Exum is the only player who creates for others consistently. Too much of our offence is/was iso ball, which we don't have the cattle for (seriously, how has Goorj not worked this out yet?).

Defence was putrid until the 4th. But that's what happens when you routinely run three or four guys who are negative perimeter defenders together.

But all this shit was obvious in those warm up games before the WC last year. They haven't been fixed. They won't be fixed.

Contact was there regardless.
Giannis got looked after all game

Driving baseline , player doesn’t dive out of his way in time , giannis loses the ball maybe steps out of bounds (they didn’t shown replay but looked close) , gets a foul on us. Drops a shoulder into delly that would probably kill any non - athlete / knock them into another dimension = foul on delly.

Wasn’t a tonne of calls that went his way, but it was made abundantly clear he was untouchable.

South Park Canada GIF by alexchocron

Australia on offence was pretty putrid. All those missed at the ring and free throws. No one really looked like they're were just gonna hit shots.

Greece spent all their petrol tickets with the over amped defence, but ran out of gas in the 3rd, we just couldn't get out of our own way

Yep. If we go through as one of the 3rd place teams we will be a fair chance to cop USA , get bundled out on a big loss and end our campaign on a low.

Couple that with the chance , maybe, that we’ve blown it with Matisse if he takes missing out personally (and I don’t know that he will) and it will have been a more damaging than good run.

Yep. If we go through as one of the 3rd place teams we will be a fair chance to cop USA , get bundled out on a big loss and end our campaign on a low.

Couple that with the chance , maybe, that we’ve blown it with Matisse if he takes missing out personally (and I don’t know that he will) and it will have been a more damaging than good run.
I don't think we can be third. We're second or out now.

Exum should really be replacing Mills as starter from here on..

Said similar after last game if Exum has gotten over the injury.

Use Mills as the microwave. If he's on then keep the hot hand on. If he's not he sits.

Said similar after last game if Exum has gotten over the injury.

Use Mills as the microwave. If he's on then keep the hot hand on. If he's not he sits.
I wonder if Goorj is sucked in by the whole spiritual leader thing? Mills just isn't the player he was. Missing far too many shots these days. Exum brings more plays and energy..exum, Daniels, Giddey, Jock and an in form Green would be elite.

Tony "The Bear" Ronaldson, he used to be ferocious on the court, the Boomers could do with him right now.

He was ferocious off the court too, I saw him losing his shit at his kids in a supermarket carpark back when he was a Wildcat.

He had a short fuse.

Never forget him holding Dino Radja to zero points in a box and one Defence.

and then doing this to finish off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Goorj is sucked in by the whole spiritual leader thing? Mills just isn't the player he was. Missing far too many shots these days. Exum brings more plays and energy..exum, Daniels, Giddey, Jock and an in form Green would be elite.

Quite likely. It wouldn't be the first time.

He's a coach who chooses and plays his favorites even when the alternative is staring right in his face. I imagine that it would be even easier to do on an international side where you only come together for a handful of games every year.

That said, he's also the type of coach who once he gives you his loyalty he (usually) receives your total buy-in. This works much better at a league level than at this level.

Ultimately, this and the WC is our post-bronze medal hangover. We'll pick up the pieces and work to move onwards and upwards from here.

Never forget him holding Dino Radja to zero points in a box and one Defence.

and then doing this to finish off

Scotty Fisher playing in that game too, he used to live in the same street as a mate of mine when he was playing for the Wildcats.

We were shooting hoops in the driveway when he walked past, we asked him to join in but he declined our offer, nice guy though.

He wasn't that nice on the court when he played but unlike Ronaldson he was nice off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back