Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Need Patty to take a bit more of a backseat with how he plays in the offence I feel. It felt he tried to force some stuff today when he should have just been making the extra pass.

Some of the abuse towards Patty here is disgraceful. Do people not remember what he has done for Australian basketball.

Thr constructive criticism is fine but the keyboard warriors abusing him are disgraceful

Patty probably feels a lot of pressure to be the main guy on the team when he really shouldn’t need to be.. I’d be questioning a guy like Josh Green, I don’t know that he’s even hit the ring in this tournament..His confidence looks shot which is a pity as he was playing proper ball at Dallas last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of the abuse towards Patty here is disgraceful. Do people not remember what he has done for Australian basketball.

Thr constructive criticism is fine but the keyboard warriors abusing him are disgraceful
Love the guy. But he's not a starter anymore

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we get Serbia if they beat SSD and USA beat PR.

That would have the pots for the draw as

D ) USA / GER
E) CAN / SRB
F) FRA / AUS
G) BRA / GRE (or SSD if the lose by 2 point to SRB and score at least 58 points)

1/4 match ups
USA v BRA
CAN V FRA
SRB V AUS
GER V GRE

Last edited:
Love the guy. But he's not a starter anymore
That's right - the main criticism should be of the coaching staff. They're in denial that he's played very few minutes in the last two years (for a reason) and at 35 is understandably in decline. He's lost acceleration and is no threat driving to the basket but is still doing it or taking low percentage shots under pressure. Then there's defence which was never a strong point.

They needed to have the hard conversation with him three months ago and say he'd be a role player - coming off the bench on limited minutes to shoot open threes and provide a spark. He's very familiar with that role.

Doesn't change that he's been a great player and servant for us but his situation has been poorly handled this Olympics.

If SSD beat Serbia then it gets a bit hard to workout as there are variables around the margin.

SSD win by 7 or less (or 8 points and score less than 68)

D ) USA / GER
E) CAN / FRA
F) SSD / AUS
G) BRA / SRB

1/4 match ups
USA v BRA
CAN V SSD
FRA V AUS
GER V SRB

SSD win by 9 or more (or 8 points and score more than 67)

D ) USA / GER
E) CAN / SSD
F) FRA / AUS
G) BRA / SRB (or GRE if the SRB lose by 24 or more to SSD)

1/4 match ups
USA v BRA
CAN V FRA
SSD V AUS
GER V GRE

That's right - the main criticism should be of the coaching staff. They're in denial that he's played very few minutes in the last two years (for a reason) and at 35 is understandably in decline. He's lost acceleration and is no threat driving to the basket but is still doing it or taking low percentage shots under pressure. Then there's defence which was never a strong point.

They needed to have the hard conversation with him three months ago and say he'd be a role player - coming off the bench on limited minutes to shoot open threes and provide a spark. He's very familiar with that role.

Doesn't change that he's been a great player and servant for us but his situation has been poorly handled this Olympics.
Correct. Patty God bless him still thinks he's gonna be the man who leads us to a gold medal. This is Giddeys and Jocks team now. With no Goulding, Mills should be that 3pt threat off the bench. Exum starter. Goorj isn't strong enough to make that call. Half of Australia could have selected and coached this team better.

Positives
  • Likely draw Serbia, which is honestly a good result all things considered.
  • If we beat Serbia, we suddenly find ourselves in the medal rounds…

I think we get Serbia if they beat SSD and USA beat PR.

D ) USA / GER
E) CAN / SRB
F) FRA / AUS
G) BRA / GRE (or SSD if the lose by 2 point to SRB and score at least 58 points)

1/4 match ups
USA v BRA
CAN V FRA
SRB V AUS
GER V GRE
All things considered, I’m taking the Serbs over anyone else above us. We have a shot.

I really don’t know where we go from here with the rotation though. Somehow Delly is important again. Feel against a team like Serbia especially he could be important to dictate some tempo.

To end up 2nd feels like a Stephen Bradbury moment. Hopefully the boys can lift and Goorjan the necessary adjustments to have a medal chance.
Fumbling our way out of the group of death in 2nd is quite funny, I must say. If we can find a bit of our pre-tournament form (I’m mostly looking at Patty Mills here to be GOAT FIBA Patty because he was the key) we can absolutely beat Serbia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back