Summer Paris 2024 - Day -1

Remove this Banner Ad

Ref just cost Ireland a try for no reason, nothing wrong with the quick taps and he kept calling them back.

The quarter finals for the Rugby 7s are NZ v South Africa, Argentina v France, Fiji v Ireland and Australia v USA

They all look like good matches, just a shame they are on at such a terrible time, between 3am and 5am WA time.

Ireland absolutely robbed in this match, ref on the NZ take by the look of it.

Ireland only have themselves to blame, had their chances to win it but turned it over and allowed NZ in for a late try to pinch it.

Agree.

I assume that's because there are more events than previous Olympics.
It would suck to be in the men’s 7s. You start before the opening ceremony, miss the ceremony because you’re competing and then it’s all over the following day. Not exactly the Olympic experience you’d be hoping for.

I wonder if they get to hang around for a couple of days afterwards?

It would suck to be in the men’s 7s. You start before the opening ceremony, miss the ceremony because you’re competing and then it’s all over the following day. Not exactly the Olympic experience you’d be hoping for.

I wonder if they get to hang around for a couple of days afterwards?

Surely they are allowed to stay until the closing ceremony if they wanted.

Agree.

I assume that's because there are more events than previous Olympics.

The big events like football have pretty much always started then. The new events are the best ones anyway

The one I don’t understand why we’re not better at is volleyball. I’m a teacher and kids love it, every school I’ve been at it’s been popular and the standard I’ve seen is very high.

Any particular reason why we haven’t progressed much? Funding, coaching, lack of leagues? I think the talent is there.
I have kids that played state volleyball and this comes up a bit. It is not really a funded sport at the highest level. No Pro league. Australian national teams have had to fund raise and pay for themselves over a long time. Quite a few kids now go to college in the US and Canada but because when they come back here they don't get paid to play they drop off. We regularly get beaten at youth level by the Asian countries also.
We have some that go and play in European leagues yes, but the sport here is not even close to the level it is in Europe and south America.
That is the simplest answer I can give really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really, really hate this policy for the athletes.
Yep ****ing awful decision, will really drop moral I feel. Taking all the human experiences out of the games for the athletes.

Jeremias I accidentally posted in this thread almost an hour ago. Didn't pick up -1.

Others have followed me in here. Can you move the posts to the Day 1 thread or lock it so we don't keep posting in here.

Maybe the same with the Day -2 thread so I don't stuff it up as well.

Jeremias I accidentally posted in this thread almost an hour ago. Didn't pick up -1.

Others have followed me in here. Can you move the posts to the Day 1 thread or lock it so we don't keep posting in here.

All posts moved - just as I was getting ready to watch Jess!

Well done mate, you’re always ruining this forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Day -1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back