Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Brisbane will have to embrace a similar idea for their opening ceremony. Won't have a decent stadium (if the politicians continue to politic) or any remarkable landmarks like a tower, an opera house etc. I think they have to lean heavily into the bay, the river and North Stradbroke and Moreton Islands. Surfing, fishing, beaches, Quandamuka culture etc...
It will be the middle of winter. If its at a windy beach during winter it will be a disaster.

The Ch9 hosts asking if it's late nights or early mornings to watch the Olympics? Do you stay up or get up?

They forgot about the Karl Stefanovic option of staying up all night drinking and burning the candle at both ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly to the end of watch the replay...

The easy option is to go for snark and point out things that didn't work. And there were many. But good on them for trying something different. Tha rain would've been shit whether they were in a stadium or not. I think the experience for the athletes would be overall one they'll never forget. Hopefully no one parked the tiger over the side f the boat.

The only thing I remember about the 1988 Olympics apart from the doves getting cooked in the Olympic flame.

The great Carl Lewis getting beaten in the 100m sprint, you could see how shocked he was when he got beaten.

Ben Johnson coming from nowhere to power away, Carl said he knew he was doing roids when he was running that fast.

Carl Lewis was clean and he rightfully got awarded back to back 100m gold medals after Ben Johnson got stripped off his.

Moral of the story, cheats never prosper.

The only thing I remember about the 1988 Olympics apart from the doves getting cooked in the Olympic flame.

The great Carl Lewis getting beaten in the 100m sprint, you could see how shocked he was when he got beaten.

Ben Johnson coming from nowhere to power away, Carl said he knew he was doing roids when he was running that fast.

Carl Lewis was clean and he rightfully got awarded back to back 100m gold medals after Ben Johnson got stripped off his.

lol, everyone in the race was on steroids.

Was carl lewis clean though? He has tested positive for drugs since. The person who finished 4th (also from usa) thinks he should be given the gold cos the three ahead of him have all failed drug tests during their careers.

lol, everyone in the race was on steroids.

Carl Lewis never got busted for steroids.

Linford Christie who finished 3rd in that race got busted lor steroids later in his career but he was clean back then.

The official medal tally from that race

Carl Lewis Gold

Linford Christie Silver

Calvin Smith Bronze

If any of them were on the roids they would have been tested like Ben Johnson and disqualified too.

Carl Lewis never got busted for steroids.

Linford Christie who finished 3rd in that race got busted later in his career for steroids but he was clean back then.

The official medal tally from that race

Carl Lewis Gold

Linford Christie Silver

Calvin Smith Bronze

If any of them were on the roids they would have been tested like Ben Johnson and disqualified too.
Lewis did get busted. Team usa decided not to ban him because they believed his shane warne defence of accidently taking 3 banned drugs found in his system.

Lewis did get busted. Team usa decided not to ban him because they believed his shane warne defence of accidently taking 3 banned drugs found in his system.

200.gif

What are you going to tell me next, the great Bruce Jenner has turned into a woman?

You are living in a fantasy world.

There is a great documentary I watched on this race a while ago called the "The Race that shocked the World" on SBS might still be up on their streaming platform its worth a watch. There was a lot of speculation before the race on Lewis not just Johnson. I think a few others also got found positive along with Johnson from the race too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back