Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I had no idea of her story, I watched the clip about her brother on Nine Now. I am literally in tears.
I had forgotten about it till yesterday. It's just crazy and especially emotional for me. I cant get my head around the emotions of the parents either. To watch what has happened to their children and for the daughter to continue to compete. Wow.

oh man i didnt realise the background story. I saw her brother getting interviewed yesterday after the preliminaries, but didn't know his story. I woke up for the race then just went back to sleep, but just reading about the emotion and seeing the photos....i don't think i can bring myself to watch any of the vision :'(

Can anyone explain to me why the 3*3 shooters seem to be far better than those in main basketball games?

Not sure if someone already replied, but I believe they use a smaller ball. Yet another reason why it's a joke and has no place in the Olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh man i didnt realise the background story. I saw her brother getting interviewed yesterday after the preliminaries, but didn't know his story. I woke up for the race then just went back to sleep, but just reading about the emotion and seeing the photos....i don't think i can bring myself to watch any of the vision :'(
I have been reading about it for first time this morning

It's a tremendous story

Yes I'm aware of them being part of the Individual Neutral Athletes 'team'.

Just suggesting that it goes against the idea of Russia not being able to have a team.
I suspect they're counted as two individuals who just both happen to be Russian

Yes I'm aware of them being part of the Individual Neutral Athletes 'team'.

Just suggesting that it goes against the idea of Russia not being able to have a team.
There are actually relatively few Russians and Belarussians that are part of the AIN 'team' compared to the amount of athletes that would be representing Russia or Belarus if they were allowed. The IOC set strict conditions on their participation as AIN such as not supporting the Russian war.

Last edited:
Big day for the French on Day 7.

Marchand gets gold #4 in front of the Prez.

Teddy Riner who co lite the flame with Perec, won his 4th consecutive gold in the 100+ kg Judo super heavyweight class to go with 11 world championships to make him the GOAT in Judo across all classes.

1,2,3 in the BMX race - think its the first clean sweep of any event by any nation in Paris

And 9 medals all up to go to second on the medals tally board behind China. ( and 2nd if you use the yanks total medals system).

As good as that BMX final was, I wonder how many times today 9 are gonna play it?

It's still being replayed right now on the main channel. Surely they could show a bit of live sport (I think there's an Aussie chick in the shooting event on now) or at least have some new content (eg preview of tonight's athletics or swimming)?

My end of Day 7 medals table vs medals handed out table.

Adjustments in Day 7 was the following;

Rowing 1) Men's and 2) Women's Pairs finals so handed out 2 medals for 2 x 3 placings
Rowing 1) Men's and 2) Women'Light weight Double sculls finals so handed out 4 medals for 2 x 3 placings
Fencing Men's Team Epee handed out 4 medals per placing
Equestrian Team Jumping 3 medals handed out per placing

Notes for day 7 - Judo like all combat sports give out 2 bronze medals, and 2 Judo events had finals on Day 7.
Tennis bronze medal won by Swiatek was won last night and is included in the total as is in the official tally. Gold and silver match today.

To the left is national medal count, to the right is medal count to individuals for that nation.

Some time down the track I will add % of athletes who win a medal. Some of the larger nations have hit 10% of their athletes have won medals. I will also add how many teams in team sports countries have and how many athletes those teams supply.

1722672072817.png
1722672123640.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back