Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My end of Day 9 medals table vs medals handed out table. These events are getting more complicated to reconcile.

Adjustments in Day 9 was the following;

Fencing Men's Team Foil handed out 4 medals per placing
Tennis Women's Double handed out 2 medals per placing
Badminton Men's Doubles 2 medals handed out per per placing
Swimming Men's 4 x 400m Medley relay 5G China, 7S USA, 6B France
Swimming Women's 4 x 400m Medley relay 8G USA, 8S Australia, 7B China

Athletics 2 bronzes award to AUS and UKR for Women's high jump tie.

Notes for day 9 - Boxing like all combat sports give out 2 bronze medals.
2 Boxing bronze medals were given out in each of 5 classes last night, gold/silver medal bouts to come, and bronze medals are included in the official tally. So 10 bronzes included with no matching gold and silver yet.
Tennis Men's singles gold and silver awarded day 9, and bronze was awarded day 8.

To the left is national medal count, to the right is medal count to individuals for that nation.

With out doing full reconciliation of multiple medallists, 20+% of USA, Great Britain, China and South Korean team have won medals as highlighted in yellow and in light blue are the nations that 10+% of a nations athletes are taking home a medal with teams of at least 100 athletes. I will also add how many teams in team sports countries have and how many athletes those teams supply at some point.

Spain and Germany have under performed generally so far, give how many athletes they send, but that might change if 2 or 3 or 4 of their team sports teams win medals.

1722863741158.png
1722863940242.png

I really don't get the scoring in gymnastics. Someone can stuff up multiple times and still get an 8.5 execution score, while someone who goes through without any real mistakes might only get a low 7? Penalties or no, just seems wrong.

That seemed to be the case a lot with Biles. I know she attempts (and sticks) some incredible things, but it's almost like as long as she stayed upright she got big scores.

But what do I know...

I've just noticed... are they doing official sponsored selfies on the podium?
Yeah they do. It's very interesting being at the venues with medal ceremonies. There's always a person behind the photographer's holding up different signs for the athletes. Stand apart, all stand together, take a selfie (with the Samsung flip phone).

I really don't get the scoring in gymnastics. Someone can stuff up multiple times and still get an 8.5 execution score, while someone who goes through without any real mistakes might only get a low 7? Penalties or no, just seems wrong.

That seemed to be the case a lot with Biles. I know she attempts (and sticks) some incredible things, but it's almost like as long as she stayed upright she got big scores.

But what do I know...
Seems that way, I don’t get it. They’re so awesome though.

Happy for the winner, always smiling and having fun it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back