Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Men's singles badminton final is on, Viktor Axelsen on his way to defend his title.
Denmark has a weird niche in a sport dominated by Asian countries

Men's singles badminton final is on, Viktor Axelsen on his way to defend his title.
Denmark has a weird niche in a sport dominated by Asian countries

Interesting, just looked this up to see if there's any explanation for that.

Nothing I can find in particular, just a cultural thing I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My end of Day 10 medals table vs medals handed out table. These events are getting more complicated to reconcile.

Adjustments in Day 10 was the following;

Basketball 3x3 both men's and women's finals handed out 4 medals per placing 2 x 3 placings
Cycling women's Team Sprint handed out 3 medals per placing
Shooting Mixed Team Skeet handed out 2 medals per placing
Triathlon Mixed Team Relay handed out 4 medals per placing

Notes for day 10 - Boxing like all combat sports give out 2 bronze medals. No Boxing medals hannded out
Badminton women's singles, the bronze was won on Day 9 and is in Day 9's count
Gymnastics men's Horizontal Bar tie for bronze so extra bronze awarded

To the left is national medal count, to the right is medal count to individuals for that nation.

With out doing full reconciliation of multiple medallists, 30+% of Great Britain, and South Korean team have won medals as highlighted in yellow, 20+% of USA, China eam have won medals as highlighted in orange.

In light blue are the nations that 10+% of a nations athletes are taking home a medal with teams of at least 100 athletes. I will also add how many teams in team sports countries have and how many athletes those teams supply at some point.

Spain and Germany have under performed generally so far, give how many athletes they send, but that might change if 2 or 3 or 4 of their team sports teams win medals, but yesterday they started moving. They both have a lot of teams in different sports in Paris. Germany won the women's 3x3 basketball and Mixed Triathlon Relay and both those events handed out 4 gold medals for the 1 podium. Spain won silver medal in 3x 3 basketball

At end of Day 10 Spain had 7 teams that had made the QF stage of sports who had not handed out medals and Germany had 8 teams make it to QF stage.

1722943508399.png
1722944105929.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back