Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

These kinda skateboard skills would come in real handy in Brazil. Beach theft. stealing from food markets. avoiding paying bribes to police.

A historical note for the 400m tonight

Matthew Hudson-Smith is a good chance of becoming the first British man to win the 400m since Eric Liddell at Paris in 1924

Of course, Eric Liddell was one of the inspirations for Chariots of Fire, which means that Eric Liddell is the reason we got this masterpiece

Yanks got out to a 1 second lead against Kiwis and were about 1.6 sec up after 3250 but then yanks got out of shape when both down to 3 riders and finally won by 0.6 sec.

I was wondering what they did to get such a good program. They got long time ex Aussie coach and a couple of other countries Garry Sutton as head coach.

Watched the Handball qrt from France.vs Germany and was the biggest fumble I've seen in international sport.

France up 2 with 20 seconds left, give Away penalty and lose a man 2 mins. No worries. Germany score and France now have it with 6 seconds left. Timeout (dumb)

Give it to probably their best player in middle and he fluffs it somehow gives it away, and the Germans score with the last shot from a mile out.

France up in ET and let Germans in throughout to choke it.

One of the world's best players of all time for France, his last match retires. Wadda way for his career to end.

Arguably though the Germans were better this Olympics but France found form last night and shouldn't have lost.

A historical note for the 400m tonight

Matthew Hudson-Smith is a good chance of becoming the first British man to win the 400m since Eric Liddell at Paris in 1924

Of course, Eric Liddell was one of the inspirations for Chariots of Fire, which means that Eric Liddell is the reason we got this masterpiece

That was a brutal end for him

Posted most of this in the Aths thread but OzOlympics have a wonderful opportunity to fill our boots for Brisbane

We need funding for Little Aths and we need to encourage participation

Each sport must start NOW for Brisbane and make it a truly Golden year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know who the Aussie female cycling commentator is on the international feed? She's been doing it for years and has an absolutely shocking voice but I've never been able to figure out who she is.

Does anyone know who the Aussie female cycling commentator is on the international feed? She's been doing it for years and has an absolutely shocking voice but I've never been able to figure out who she is.
I want to say I saw a graphic say Kate Bates but I could be mixing another

Likely as she is an international cyclist herself

You mean the one commentating with the Brit, right? Not the one with Scott McGrory.

Agree. One of the worst commentators I've ever heard. Makes Jobe Watson sound like Dennis Cometti.

You mean the one commentating with the Brit, right? Not the one with Scott McGrory.

Agree. One of the worst commentators I've ever heard. Makes Jobe Watson sound like Dennis Cometti.
During the women's road race, both commentators were referring to riders by their country and not their name, which, after years of Matt Keenan knowing the middle name of the next-door neighbour's cat of some random domestique in the TdF, stood out as being exceptionally poor.

And then she literally said "number five has a problem", and only mentioned the rider's name once the graphic came on screen.

Not good enough.

I think it's Rochelle Gilmore.

Agree with everyone in that she certainly has her own voice style - a bit of a flat and understated Aussie strine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back