Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My end of Day 12 medals table vs medals handed out table. These events are getting more complicated to reconcile.

Adjustments in Day 12 was the following;

Cycling men's and women's Team Pursuit handed out 2 x 4 medals per placing
Artistic Swimming Team event handed out 9 medals per placing
Athletics Marathon Team Race walk handed out 2 nedals per placings

Notes for day 11 - Wrestling like all combat sports give out 2 bronze medals. 3 events so 3 extra bronze medals.
Boxing men's 63.5kg and 80kg classes Gold and Silver awarded day 12 and bronzes in day 10.\
Boxing 2 x bronzes handed out in Men's 57kg and 92kg but no golds and silvers.

To the left is national medal count, to the right is medal count to individuals for that nation.

With out doing full reconciliation of multiple medallists, 30+% of Great Britain, and South Korean team have won medals as highlighted in yellow, 20+% of USA, China team have won medals as highlighted in orange.

In light blue are the nations that 10+% of a nations athletes are taking home a medal with teams of at least 100 athletes. I will also add how many teams in team sports countries have and how many athletes those teams supply at some point.

I have started adding more teams data now that every one of 8 team sports is at the Semi Final or later stage. Will try and get them all down by Saturday.

USA already have 2 bronze sports medals , their women's football side is in the final, their men's volleyball team is in the bronze medal play off game and 5 of their other teams are at the semi final stage. They could win 100 to 120 medals from their team sports. They already have 12 from women's Rugby and 4 from women's 3x3 basketball.

Spain and Germany also still have a lot of teams alive in line for medals.

1723107428118.png
1723107493534.png
1723107757761.png

mentioned this in the swimming thread on Tuesday in relation to winning individual events vs golds with lots of relays in totals. First person to win 5 in a row in an individual event

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jess Fox's stocks keep rising.

Random thought-

Could "scooter park" be an olympic event one day?

I see way more kids on scooters at the local skate park than on skateboards.

Could "scooter park" be an olympic event one day?

I see way more kids on scooters at the local skate park than on skateboards.
How about 'old people with motorised scooters'?

I see way more of them these days.

"Here comes the Aussie Gran into the final straight. C'mon Joyce - you can do it"...

How about 'old people with motorised scooters'?

I see way more of them these days.

"Here comes the Aussie Gran into the final straight. C'mon Joyce - you can do it"...
f7ca386d6e039b56f1797d33640d4768.gif

FMD - Roz Kelly just told us the French spent $100 billion dollars to clean up the Seine.

It was $1.4 bil USD or $2.1 bil AUD Roz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back