Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever they spent it wasn't enough.

They're still swimming through e coli
It was never going to stop all e-coli whist so much sewage and storm water ends up in it. Just had to get it to ab acceptable level.

The only thing we did to stop 'Bondi Cigars' off the Sydney coast was to extend the pipelines to flush them a bit further away.

I wonder if any city river in the world is safe to swim in any more.

I can remember Jim Courier jumping in the Yarra after he won the AO thirty years back. Even then I was like 'why would anyone do that?'

The French say they want to keep the Seine clean enough to swim in after the Olympics but it will probably turn back into a sewer.

FMD - Roz Kelly just told us the French spent $100 billion dollars to clean up the Seine.

It was $1.4 bil USD or $2.1 bil AUD Roz.

I've told her 100 billion times not to exaggerate.

It was never going to stop all e-coli whist so much sewage and storm water ends up in it. Just had to get it to ab acceptable level.
It wasn't even to that given people are getting sick.
I can remember Jim Courier jumping in the Yarra after he won the AO thirty years back. Even then I was like 'why would anyone do that?'
Idiots do it every Moomba for the birdman rally.

Mark Taylor's diving expertise seems to be - NAILED IT! and - he/she didn't nail that.

Roy and HG took the piss out of him mid last week and every now then throw in an excited NAILED IT comment about some event or something well done by Paris OCOG or the AOC.

Mark Taylor's diving expertise seems to be - NAILED IT! and - he/she didn't nail that.

Roy and HG took the piss out of him mid last week and every now then throw in an excited NAILED IT comment about some event or something well done by Paris OCOG or the AOC.

They were defending Tubby Taylor commentating the diving as well as taking the piss out of him with his nailed it calls.

He isn't the worst diving commentator going around though, he has done his homework on the degree of difficulty stuff.

He is doing a better job of commentating the diving than Melissa Wu would do commentating the cricket at the very least.

I wonder what percentage of Olympic athletes have a tattoo of the rings.

They should only get a tattoo of the Olympic rings if they win a gold medal or at least a medal, not just for competing in it.

AFL players don't get a tattoo just for competing in the AFL, they only get one if they win a premiership.

That's why hardly any St Kilda players have tattoos.

I wish more events happened in prime time.

Tokyo was the best thing ever(but also the worst with no crowds)

Yeah it's been a better Olympics than Tokyo with the crowds back again but most of the finals are on in the small hours here.

I love watching the athletics but so far I've only watched the heats, semi finals and repechages, I haven't watched a final live.

You can watch replays of the finals but by then you already know what the results are so it's not the same as watching them live.

Last edited:
They were defending Tubby Taylor commentating the diving as well as taking the piss out of him with his nailed it calls.

He isn't the worst diving commentator going around though, he has done his homework on the degree of difficulty stuff.

He is doing a better job of commentating the diving than Melissa Wu would do commentating the cricket at the very least.

They should only get a tattoo of the Olympic rings if they win a gold medal or at least a medal, not just for competing in it.

AFL players don't get a tattoo just for competing in the AFL, they only get one if they win a premiership.

That's why hardly any St Kilda players have tattoos.
Only 11500 people can make the Olympics each time out of entire world quite the achievement.

Haha Plastic Bertrand's Ca plane pour moi blaring out at the Stade de France.

Who is it that has been whinging in this thread and another one that channel 9 constantly playing ads before the Olympics and the take out from the studio to the ads??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's been a better Olympics than Tokyo with the crowds back again but most of the finals are on in the small hours here.

I love watching the athletics but so far I've only watched the heats, semi finals and repechages, I haven't watched a final live.

You can watch the replays of the finals but by then you already know what the results so it's not the same as watching them live.

That's easily solved by not checking the results before you watch the replays...Been doing that every morning

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who is it that has been whinging in this thread and another one that channel 9 constantly playing ads before the Olympics and the take out from the studio to the ads??
That may have been me

Not you Tubby ffs!

You best stick to your Fujitsu commercials.

Only 11500 people can make the Olympics each time out of entire world quite the achievement.

Yeah I know it's still a great achievement just to represent your country at the Olympics, it's' more than any of us have done.

I still don't think I would get an Olympic rings tattoo though if I hadn't won a medal.

If you got bundled out in one of the heats and then failed again in a repechage it wouldn't be much to brag about.

When I did a tour of the Stade de France back in 2000 Plastic Bertrand was rehearsing his one hit for a concert there.

Even though he is from Belgium the French still claim him as one of their own like the Aussies try to claim Crowded House.

That's easily solved by not checking the results before you watch the replays...Been doing that every morning

I usually make the mistake of tuning into Ch9 in the morning and they spoil all the results from the previous night.

Yeah I know it's still a great achievement just to represent your country at the Olympics, it's' more than any of us have done.

I still don't think I would get an Olympic rings tattoo though if I hadn't won a medal.

If you got bundled out in one of the heats and then failed again in a repechage it wouldn't be much to brag about.

When I did a tour of the Stade de France back in 2000 Plastic Bertrand was rehearsing his one hit for a concert there.

Even though he is from Belgium the French still claim him as one of their own like the Aussies try to claim Crowded House.

I usually make the mistake of tuning into Ch9 in the morning and they spoil all the results from the previous night.
That's a rookie mistake by a very experienced sports watcher like yourself

Modern pentathlon is always weirdly appealing, the Olympics equivalent of fetish pawn.

Agreed. It's just so unique.

I cannot look away. I hope it stays forever. Who cares about Aussie medal chances?

Edit - looking up modern pentathlon on the internet, it seems for 2024 they combine all but the initial fencing ranking round into a less than two hour event at the same venue. Good move for TV purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back