Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I blame literally everyone else in her life for that performance.
So many people with her ear, and nobody said, "Mate, you look utterly ridiculous and will embarrass not just yourself, your family, your ancestors and descendents, but your nation too."
So many people in the academic hierarchy who encouraged her unearned sense of legitimacy by allowing such fickle and useless studies to be rewarded with employment and status.
So many decision makers in the Australian Olympic Committee who should have done their job and researched her performance, yet allowed her to represent the nation.

Shame on us, Australia.
Will probably get A-blocks galore on Sky After Dark linking breakdancing to the declination of academia in Australia.

Disagree. That kangaroo move was literal hip hop.

For most people it will take days for this to sink in. Like a sprinkler.

Looking back in years to come, this will be the defining moment of Paris 2024.
It's entirely possible that I'm not cultured enough - I only have a bachelor's degree in cultural studies, but she has a doctorate.

Lets face it, Australia is cringe. Raygun represented us perfectly.

Now part of Australian canon. This is folklore.

As bad as she was it was incredible to watch her fail so badly live last night, you got to witness a viral meme being born.

It would have been like watching Eddie the Eagle failing so badly live back in the 1988 Winter Olympics.

She will go into Olympic folklore like Eddie has and maybe even get a movie made about her like Eddie did.

It's entirely possible that I'm not cultured enough - I only have a bachelor's degree in cultural studies, but she has a doctorate.

Breakbeat is niche genre, and it was a uniquely Australian routine. An interpretive dance version of Oi Oi Oi.

Honestly, it was perfect.

Yes it was cringe. But we need to own it.

As bad as she was it was incredible to watch her fail so badly live last night, you got to witness a viral meme being born.

It would have been like watching Eddie the Eagle failing so badly live back in the 1988 Winter Olympics.

She will go into Olympic folklore like Eddie has and maybe even get a movie made about her like Eddie did.

Yes, you get it. Olympics is about performance, not medals.

Raygun is art, man.

Breakbeat is niche genre, and it was a uniquely Australian routine. An interpretive dance version of Oi Oi Oi.

Honestly, it was perfect.

Yes it was cringe. But we need to own it.
Look, it did have massive "Aunty Joan has had too many Southern Comforts at Boxing Day lunch and is showing us her year 9 Rock Eisteddfod routine from 1987 again," vibes which I do appreciate I suppose.

Look, it did have massive "Aunty Joan has had too many Southern Comforts at Boxing Day lunch and is showing us her year 9 Rock Eisteddfod routine from 1987 again," vibes which I do appreciate I suppose.

Clearly the DJ should have dropped Nutbush City Limits for Raygun. I don't think it was cleared for Olympics use though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back