Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Tend to agree and that's what my gut feeling is telling me, 0.1 or 0.05, sure that happens but 0.4 seconds in a pool that no one is going close to the records, to be it's questionable, not saying either way just that it is very dubious.

I was in legit total shock when I seen the time come up.

It's something that you would think would take another 5-10 years for someone to get near achieving.

Yet you're accusing a Chinese athlete who wasn't even implicated in the recent stuff as far as I know.
The articles all say two athletes participating in these Olympics tested positive in that doping program.

Only one Chinese athlete is smashing records in an almost inhuman manner.

Either their doping program was so ineffective that it hasn't benefited them (hard to believe) or the world record-setter is one of the two.

As far as your comment on double standards goes, Shayna did the crime and she did the time. How do we know she didn't do it again? Having previously tested positive, she will be subjected to more than the "random" test. If she's dirty she'll test dirty.

You don’t break a world record by a huge margin like that in a short distance event like that through natural ability alone.
True. But I wasnt going to go on about it straight after the race. I needed some sleep.

That contaninated Aussie meat must be working well. He swims a 46.79 and people are ok with it given he had broken 47 twice and has a couple of 47.0x times all within the last 12 months. But in a slow pool this is dodgy as all ****.

Last edited:
Nobody is under any illusions about the 100m time, the illusion is thinking everything else is above board.

I mean, if you think the only sauce that Frenchie is on is béchamel, then can I interest you in purchasing a bridge over the Siene?
I think 95% of athletes are on something. Question is what is it, and who is micro dosing and who is on the blatant stuff.

Coaches have a big say in this stuff .So if you think Marchand's medals are tainted then all 28 of Phelps are. Bowman wouldnt change the way he coaches.

I think 95% of athletes are on something. Question is what is it, and who is micro dosing and who is on the blatant stuff.

Coaches have a big say in this stuff .So if you think Marchand's medals are tainted then all 28 of Phelps are. Bowman wouldnt change the way he coaches.
I feel a bit of empathy toward the Chinese athletes.

Would be hard to say no and blow the whistle, when the consequence is possibly being unalived.

Developed nation athletes that are complicit in their doping, are worthy of more scorn, in my mind.

It took 22 years for swimmers to trim .98s off Hoogenband's record in Sydney.

This dude took .40s off in one hit. Off his own record he set a few months ago.

Even with the supersuits and the lightning fast 08 OG pool the biggest chunk taken off at once was .26s

I feel a bit of empathy toward the Chinese athletes.

Would be hard to say no and blow the whistle, when the consequence is possibly being unalived.

Developed nation athletes that are complicit in their doping, are worthy of more scorn, in my mind.
Titmus took over almost second off Pelegrenni WR in 200

The one that always stood out to me was Jon Seiben

4 seconds off his PB - to be fair I have never really dug deep into it but the reason given was he drafted of Gross and that helped plus natural adrenalin
1. I think you are getting mixed up with Armstrong drafting off Biondi 4 years later in the 200 FR.

2. Sieben being such a massive underdog and imrover late is somewhat exaggerated. According to man himself he pulled back in the Aussie trials knowing he was comfortably under the QF time. And then in the OG heats didn't really bother to fight with iirc Pablo? to finish first. Was reasonably confident of getting a medal going in just a matter of what colour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyle Stockwell is an ex college swimmer and according to him - Founder @
webicon_gray.png
http://SockwellSwimClub.com

Been following him since 2022 world champs in Budapest. He is at La Defense Arena in Paris.

He is not wrong about the racism stuff.

I find it hilarious that the Chinese social media users have jumped to that as their first defense of the record.

Lines like: "You're just jealous that because you're white you're inferior." are absolutely everywhere.

Also RE: the men's 100m final, Brett Hawke has.... thoughts.

Not sure how he can say it's not against any one country or person when it's pretty clear he thinks there is cheating involved.

He is not wrong about the racism stuff.

I find it hilarious that the Chinese social media users have jumped to that as their first defense of the record.

Lines like: "You're just jealous that because you're white you're inferior." are absolutely everywhere.
When something out of the ordinary happens can't they see it would raise an eyebrow?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back