Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

More DNS in that heat and more in the next as well...

Some of these guys need to be told back in the day Olympic 400m runners used to have to run:

DAY1: R1 and R2
DAY2: SF and F

No more jumps needed in the Pole Vault. Only 4.55m needed instead of the auto-qualifying of 4.70m.

In fact some who only managed a very low 4.40m will make it too...

OMG - 20 in the final...

The top 3 “congratulating” each of their opponents in the running events after the finish reeks of fishing for compliments.

“What’d you get on your test? Oh 71 is good! It was so hard!! Me? Oh I got 94… Awww thanks so much! Just got lucky I think.”

No more jumps needed in the Pole Vault. Only 4.55m needed instead of the auto-qualifying of 4.70m.

In fact some who only managed a very low 4.40m will make it too...

OMG - 20 in the final...
Both Brits out. Caudery started at 4.55 and no heighted. That's good for Kennedy that she is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping Torrie can run another PB and possibly break Raelene's 56yo Aussie junior record but would've preferred her a few lanes outside of the one she's been given..

Torrie won't make the final here but the semi-final was her Paris goal so 'box ticked' and invaluable experience gained.

Her other goal is to run the final of the 4x100m and see if the team can set their fourth (and maybe fifth) AR of the year.

And in a fortnight she will run in the 100m, 200m & 4x100m at the World Junior Championships - where medals in each event are very possible.

Last edited:
I'm ready to watch the entire Pole Vault final in about 10 minutes:

Can never understand why TV coverage tends to ignore field events as they happen.

If you've attended a live athletics meet - I've been to many hundreds - it's the ongoing battle in the Pole Vault or Javelin or High Jump that the crowd goes crazy for. Not sprinters preening themselves for 5-10 minutes before a 10 second race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back