Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Gerard

"The win that no body saw coming"

All the late money came for Hocker. He was $8 into $5.50 on Betfair to clearly make it a three horse race.

I wouldn't exactly say 'no body' saw that coming.

Gerard's commentary is ordinary. I wish he'd stop stay 'stagger'. That was Bruce's thing.
At least Gerard pronounced Hocker’s name correctly. Rob Walker on the world feed called him Hoe-kah and barely picked him up until about 40m to go.

1500 was incredible, that’s what happens when you focus too much on one competitor
Hocker really had the chance to run his own race with all the eyes on Inge and Kerr.

Hocker was absolutely motoring down the inside with 100m to go and would have passed Inge earlier were it not for him being cut off. I found it impressive Hocker was able to regain momentum and find the gap

HUGE day of aths coming up for our Aussies:

1530 RoadWalk Relay AUS (Montag/Cowley) AUS (Henderson/Tingay)
1805 MHJ qual Yual Reath Joel Baden Brandon Starc
1815 W100H heats Celeste Mucci Michelle Jenneke Liz Clay
1825 WJAV qual Mackenzie Little Kath Mitchell
1910 M5000 heats Stewy McSweyn Morgan McDonald
1950 WJAV qual Kelsey-Lee Barber
1955 M800 heats Peyton Craig Joseph Deng Peter Bol
2045 W800 rep Linden Hall

and likely to be GOLDEN overnight:

0215 WPV F Nina Kennedy
0315 MTJ qual Connor Murphy
0425 MDIS F Matt Denny

Lol Gerard

"The win that no body saw coming"

All the late money came for Hocker. He was $8 into $5.50 on Betfair to clearly make it a three horse race.

I wouldn't exactly say 'no body' saw that coming.

Gerard's commentary is ordinary. I wish he'd stop stay 'stagger'. That was Bruce's thing.
He's a Muppet, all of his media work is very, very ordinary.

I like Tamsyn's input though.

I'm not sure one commentator in Australia can lay claim to a term widely used throughout athletics.

This might be against popular opinion but I dislike the repechage. Bring back fastest non automatic qualifiers. Feel like it just pads out a session for no major benefit.
A topic for after the games finish but it feels like there is a push for inclusivity rather than faster higher stronger

20 vaulters in the final instead of 12 etc

A topic for after the games finish but it feels like there is a push for inclusivity rather than faster higher stronger

20 vaulters in the final instead of 12 etc
12 was the qualifying number. But the problem was after the 11th qualifier, they had 15(!) vaulters who didn't get past 4.40. They eliminated 6 of them(on countback?), to leave 9.

He's a Muppet, all of his media work is very, very ordinary.

I like Tamsyn's input though.
Geez did he kill your dog or something?

He is by far and away the best and his research is incredible.
That’s why he gets all the top gigs, can cover anything. He is as brilliant as anyone out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything more stupid than race walking?

Especially when they clearly are breaking the one foot on the ground rule so much. Try pausing the feed continuously and you can catch it over and over. I know it is supposed to be "visible to the human eye", but it is so obvious these people are running/jogging even without slowing it down. The sport is a joke. They should replace it with trail running.

Especially when they clearly are breaking the one foot on the ground rule so much. Try pausing the feed continuously and you can catch it over and over. I know it is supposed to be "visible to the human eye", but it is so obvious these people are running/jogging even without slowing it down. The sport is a joke. They should replace it with trail running.
Its amusing swimmers turns are video replayed and we see DQs and yet its not used in walking

Unless of course there would be nobody left and records never broken

HUGE day of aths coming up for our Aussies:

1530 RoadWalk Relay AUS (Montag/Cowley) AUS (Henderson/Tingay)
1805 MHJ qual Yual Reath Joel Baden Brandon Starc
1815 W100H heats Celeste Mucci Michelle Jenneke Liz Clay
1825 WJAV qual Mackenzie Little Kath Mitchell
1910 M5000 heats Stewy McSweyn Morgan McDonald
1950 WJAV qual Kelsey-Lee Barber
1955 M800 heats Peyton Craig Joseph Deng Peter Bol
2045 W800 rep Linden Hall

and likely to be GOLDEN overnight:

0215 WPV F Nina Kennedy
0315 MTJ qual Connor Murphy
0425 MDIS F Matt Denny
Womens 1500m or have I missed Jess Hull final

Or more likely tomorrow night

For some reason I typed 'W800 rep' for Linden Hall when it's W1500.

Yes - semi-finalists like Jess get a day off while repechages are run.
Yeah I was out last night and saw a tv in the hotel that had the run of Jess and it said Heat so I figured there might be more tonight

Repechage is good

it’s not used in walking because that’s not how it’s judged.
for whatever reason you’re allowed to lift ever so slightly.
I know - just as swimming was only judged by a 90 yr old leaning over and checking turns

Doesnt mean technology cant be used

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back