Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to see Ingebrigtsen really challange the africans even beat them.

Beat them easily in the end.

The Etiopians were one, two, three in the last lap and didn't even get a medal.

Kenya getting the silver and USA getting the bronze, the three Ethiopians ran out of puff.

Cheeky Norwegian won the 5k race
He should have won the 1500m as well but stuffed up.

Did the same thing in Budapest last year - stuffed up the 1500m then went and beat the Africans in the 5000m.

Just realised Fischer the US runner in 5000m got bronze.

US middle distance running both men's and women's is havin a renaissance and winning not just medals but events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hull getting the silver.

"It's as good as gold"

Steady on Gerard, it's not as good as gold but silver is the next best thing.

A silver on the track is harder for an Aussie to get than a gold in the pool, that's for sure.

That was another quick race. took the greatest of all time to deny Jess.

I remember watching her run 4.02's and 4.04's and thinking she will make finals but those times cant compete with the best.

She now is one of the best. 3.51.29 was Kipyegon's time and Jess beat the old Olympic record with a 3.52.56.

Last edited:
Amazing Jess.

Our first ever medal in W 1500.

And - at 1500 - only Edwin Flack or Herb Elliott have done better.

Edwin and Herb probably weren't competing against so many African runners back then either, if any.

Geez yanks men's 4x400m relay wont have the the 400m gold medalist running for them. I expected 16 year old Quincy Wilson to be replaced by Quincy Hall. Instead its 400m hurdle champ Rai Benjamin.

A lot more events in athletics these days than in Mexico, but 1-2-4 = 7 medals goes past 1968 total of 2-2-2 = 6.

No mention of Sir Peter Snell who won the 800m and 1500m gold medals for NZ in the Tokyo Olympics back in 1984

Nor Sir John Walker who won the 1500m gold medal in the 1976 Montreal Olympics, disappointing from Gerard Whateley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back