Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised India don’t have 1 gold medal at all this week Olympics. Got 1.4 billion people. Do they put any funding into sports other than cricket?
They've won 10 gold medals in total, and eight of those were in men's hockey.

Have heard Harsha Bhogle say that hockey was the national sport until only 30-40 years ago. Cricket World Cup win in 1983 was the moment it began to change, from memory.

Also, putting funding into sports is a very first-world thing. There are hundreds of millions of Indians who live in poverty, I suspect the government has more important things to spend money on.

History from Jess Hull to take the silver, would have been even better without Twateley and his cringe calling.
Other than Tubby in the diving, the world feed on 9now is usually the better option but the American they had on the Athletics sometimes was clueless.

Can't wait to see what her plan is post-Paris. You get the feeling she cleans up in whatever discipline she focuses on.
she’s signed up for Michael Johnson’s Grand Slam Track so we at least get to see her race for a change.
I’m not 100% on the format but pretty sure every athlete does 2 events depending on what category they’re in. That’s 8 Sydney races in one year alone.

Fascinated to see if Hassan can contend in this marathon after less than 36 hours rest from the 10k final...I see she's also run the 800m at the 2015 World Champs & Rio Olympics...The range is ridiculous lol

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a recovery by Stenson
I like that she's attacking the field, she's not going to withstand their later moves even if she just sticks with them.

Expected the Aussies to come home strong but not to push up so early as this.

But Jess is experienced and knows her body I guess.

Go Jess go. Maybe a bit of training in the Adelaide Hills is helping out.

The Jesses have delivered for the Aussies so far this game maybe one more.

Farnsey and ONJ sang Dare to Dream at the opening ceremony in Sydney. I'm sure Jess is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back