News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Well, I love Olympic tennis. Sure, it might not mean much to some. It might also mean a lot of others. I think it is a load of fun.

This tournament is going to be the last ever for several grand slam champions in Murray and Kerber. You could include Nadal in there as well.

The mens draw has been hit with some big withdrawals in recent days with Sinner and Rune. Murray has also withdrawn from singles to just play the doubles. This has allowed Matty Ebden to enter the singles draw as an alternative.....(good old Olympics)

Matty drew Novak in the first round. If he somehow gets over that hurdle....it could be Nadal waiting for him in the 2nd. Yes, we might get the last-ever showing of Novak v Nadal in a live match in the 2nd round.

It is a fairly even draw really. It wouldn't shock me if someone like Ruud wins the gold.

In the girls, Iga has a super tough draw, with all her nemeses on her side. Think Rybakina, Penko. Coco has the Paolini and Pegula. Coco plays Tomljanovic first up. Still think Iga wins. It is RG, anywhere else, she be screwed. She thrashes Coco in the final, just like the good old days

I think the doubles draws are the most fun. We see unusual pairings, like Carlos and Rafa. Aussie watch, I think our best chance will come from the Mixed. A tough draw in the men's for Ebden and Peers, who will get the number 1 seeds in the 2nd round. Probably good for Matty, means he will be fresh for singles.

My mind imagining Matty Ebden beating Novak Djokovic at the Olympics on clay blows my mind.

Sorry, I mean winning a single game. lol.

If anyone remembers 3 years ago in Tokyo, Purcell was playing doubles only at the time (outside the top 200) and got in as an alternate and beat FAA.

Not much has been said of De Minaur, you would think he would be a decent chance of pulling out. This draw could get a bit silly.

Real shame Sinner pulled out. Also, I've heard Rybakina has pulled out as well.

I agree with you on doubles, to be honest that's what I am looking forward to seeing how some of these pairs gel with each other and cheering on the Aussies.

Real shame Sinner pulled out. Also, I've heard Rybakina has pulled out as well.

I agree with you on doubles, to be honest that's what I am looking forward to seeing how some of these pairs gel with each other and cheering on the Aussies.
yeah, bronchitis. Iga is relived about that one

I was really looking forward to her playing Mixed with Bulbik.

At least we get Sara Errani vs Medvedev...Medvedev might stand on the baseline for once.

Matty Ebden is like my Top Spin 2k25 character who is about Level 12 and gets matched up online against a Level 30. I’m just here trying to win a point or two

Matty Ebden is like my Top Spin 2k25 character who is about Level 12 and gets matched up online against a Level 30. I’m just here trying to win a point or two
hahaha. yep. Aim, do not get Bagelled.

Always nervous moments when it is 4-0 and you are serving, knowing this is your last chance to get a game..

Ebden succeded. Only lost 6-0, 6-1!!!!!!!!!!

No upsets, Iga took a bit longer than normal and that is about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ebden had a lot of fun. Good on him.

Sport is entertainment, and he entertained the crowd by just having fun. Serve volleys, drop shots, and underarm serves. He did just about everything he could.

Officially retired now from singles. What a way to end it. Playing a big 3 on centre at the Olympics in front of a full house.

Late withdrawals happen, and you do need to cut down the number of athletes playing at the games, so it makes sense to allow the doubles players to take alternatives.

Carlos/Nadal got through in the doiubles. Osaka lost to Kerber. Carlos is through in the singles

We lost Dasha/Perez to the number 1 seeds in the women doubles, Coco/Jess

Will Demon be over his injury that forced him out of Wimbledon? Should win tonight if he has.

He's pulled out of singles but still plans to play doubles with Popryin

Good win for Popyrin

Saved face for the Aussies, doesn't look like his 2nd round is schedule tonight.

Nadal/Djokovic around 9.30/10pm our time

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back