News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Talented, maybe the best of all time on the men's side, but he's such an abrasive, unlikeable prick.
Too good today, Nadal at least made it competitive in the second set.

Watched the match it was fantastic. And yes the crowd were going for the player and not the country. I don't find Novak abrasive he is just different. Different is good.
Really annoyed as out Saturday afternoon and night will miss the finals.
Still think Barbora has a great chance of taking two golds (singles and doubles) in women's. Svitolina dark horse she has so much passion for a medal.
I haven't looked at the draw.
Men's thought Novak looked a lot fitter and was moving really well.
I would love Danil to get a medal even if it is for Russia.

Gauff just lost the first set to Vekic. Very interesting.

AK Schmids just casually winning 2 matches now. Has Paolini next.

Aussie Mixed pair are in the quarters. Mens doubles are the other pair to look out for. The seeds in their section are gone. Will be tough, as there are still some very good names left on that side.

Forgot to mention that the Demon lost in the doubles.

At least he gets to say he is an Olympian. Hopefully, he gets a bit more luck next time round. the LA surface will probably suit him the best. (Its Hardcourt, I assume it will be similar to Indian Wells or US, ala Slow)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Popyrin v STM on stream. The stream is fantastic not faltering and it’s great without commentators.
I agree. Although in that regard it’s not too dissimilar to a lot of low-stakes tour matches.

Alexei certainly has a fairly partisan crowd to deal with. He’s done well so far, a set up.

Ebden/Peers won as well. Good to see.

Some of these atmospheres have been incredible. Stop making me miss the old Davis Cup format even more

Womens Draw

Iga (POL) - Collins (USA)
Kerber (GER) - Zheng (CHN)
-----------------------
Krejcikova (CZE)-Schmieds (SLK)
Kostyuk (UKR) - Vekic (CRO)

Iga (but this is her danger game, she wins this she wins gold)
Zheng (zilch confidence here, both are cannon fodder to the winner of the other quarter anyway)
Kreijikova easily
Koskuk (purely as she's slighly better on clay but I have no trust in Marta not being brainless)

Iga vs Kostuk for the gold medal
Kreijikova with the bronze

Coco losing and going off at an umpire over a correct call, boy she's more unlikeable than many think. Getting trounced so lets have a temper tantrum so everyone forgets how bad she played. Seen it basically in every loss this year.

And she takes the first set......

Its happening. shame i have to go to bed. I have no hope of getting to sleep one thinks

I don't think so

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Paris 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back