Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: OUT: Knights IN: Chocco

Lets wait till seasons end, but having said that, I think the club should jettison Knights and terminate his contract. Taking the club backwards in every aspect.

Re: Matthew Knights; A question on a game

It's not right that the coach of the club is so hated by supporters, it can't stay on like this. I've never seen a coach at any club that has been so disliked, even when we play good football supporters just can't seem to warm to him. The supporters are the most important part of any club and their voice should be heard.

We will end up as a "nothing club" the way we are going. He has no personality and seems to be a very average coach. The sooner we get rid of him and get the club back on track the better.

He is just not the right guy for Essendon.

I think this one line sums it pretty well. You just can't have a coach so disliked as Knights is.

Lets wait till seasons end, but having said that, I think the club should jettison Knights and terminate his contract. Taking the club backwards in every aspect.

Thats more my point.

Whether Chocco is the answer or not is debatable.
What is certain though is that Knights must go.

One of the proudest clubs in history has lost its dignity is being laughed at by all

He should do the honourable thing and resign - Choco might not be the answer but there has to be someone else. Knights is not the answer!

If it doesn't improve....

Operation: Get Sanderson from Geelong!

HFF_07 Likes this :thumbsu:

Seriously, get rid of all the coaching staff!!

Has GoD taken us any where? Has Scott Camporeale taken us any where? We are as rabble in all aspects..

Sanderson, Laidley, Hird, Williams - Anyone?

Knights is forcing the board to make a decision. We are going backwards at a rapid rate.

To think that alot of people in the know are saying Richmond, Nth and Melbourne are ahead of us when I rate alot of our younger playes pretty highly, irritates the hell out of me.

HFF_07 Likes this :thumbsu:

Seriously, get rid of all the coaching staff!!

Has GoD taken us any where? Has Scott Camporeale taken us any where? We are as rabble in all aspects..

Spot on. These guys have done bugger all.

A complete overhaul should be on the cards.

Our list has loads of potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choco would be a great coach in a different club, he did spend over 15 years here and even more years as a player.

No doubt he would do a better job at Essendon than Knights

Keep Madden and Hickmott, bin the rest.

Keep Maddern?

Yes.

Keep Hickmont?

No, he couldnt speak to a school clinic and keep them involved for more than 10 mins..

Brenton Sanderson? Gary Ayres (Port Melbourne Coach), Dean Laidley?

Any other highly rated assistant coaches we could look at?

Do not want an ex senior coach (except the Geelong freak, Mark Thompson), they are often booted after a series of... well shit performaces, sad to say it but Knights is possibly going to be another one..

I don't think Knights needs to take the blame for how we played that match.

We had the same scoring shots, we just didn't convert.

Gave away like 7 50's, our team needs some solidarity, and lacking Pears, Fletcher and Hille doesn't help at all.

I expect a very good preseason and not one which is boasted like this years.

I don't think Knights needs to take the blame for how we played that match.

We had the same scoring shots, we just didn't convert.

Gave away like 7 50's, our team needs some solidarity, and lacking Pears, Fletcher and Hille doesn't help at all.

I expect a very good preseason and not one which is boasted like this years.

Really?

Who does the buck stop with for us having a 1 - 9 win/loss record over the past 9 weeks?

Pretty sure it has to be the guy in charge of everything, that is Matthew Knights?

past 9 weeks?

Why stop at 9? Oh wait, to suit your argument. Obviously.

C'mon man. Overall, there's a lot more to it. We actually had the opportunity to take this game and turn it all around, innaccuracy and poor decision making by the players themselves (frees given away, clashing in the air, ect) cost us. It wasn't Knights' fault. He picked the right players many times this season, and they had the chance to win, time and time again... V Port, V Sydney, V Hawks and even V Geelong in the first round of the season, all ending in a hair, but only due to a good performance by the team overall for 3 and a half quarters...

I'm not making excuses for the losses, I'm making a clear point about the blame. To say it's Knights' fault and no one elses is in my opinion a cheap cop-out and a lazy solution. We could have been 8-6 heading into the Melbourne game, but when you're inexperienced, and leak in defense, you're going to have fatigue when it comes to that last 5-10 minutes of the game. It's little wonder why we were able to hone in on Bulldogs and St Kilda when we've got something to work with on the ground.

Just because someone's in charge, doesn't mean the ones he/she is in charge of will always comply, or execute what is asked of them.

We need a motivater. Watching the warm up guys just cruising around at 1/4 pace no real urgency about anything, they should be breathing fire before they walk on the ground on a day a team mate is having a milestone match. I'd have Knights front the board on Monday and explain what is the plan going forward. He cannot rely on future drafts to rebuild the list because the talent is gonna be gone with the new sides. If he says the list is only partially what he needs then spend the next month sounding out somebody who the players will walk taller for. If we keep losing GO'D can do a caretaker job for the rest of the season. In the first qtr today i think it was Bruce that just about ran the length of the ground and kicked a goal, Stanton had a chance to block him after he gave of a handball but put in same half arsed effort and let him keep running. Stanton wasnt dragged, the runner didnt go anywhere near him and qtr time Knights spoke to him briefly after speaking with NLM. It wasnt a spray, it ddint even look to be agressive in any way, what does the player learn? Often i put the binoculars on players and the bench when guys go off for rotations or whatever else, rarely do any of them get spoken to on the phone. Its pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back