Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

im stoked that we finally have a coach. im confident that knighta can do wonders for us. but i have a few questions.

with a new coach comes a new game plan. i have no seen enough of bendigo to make a statement on knights tactics, can someone shed some light on this. is he attacking, defensive. what should we expect next year?

with the development coach and vfl taking over as senior coach, is it safe to say gumby, ryder, jetta and company will not be traded for judd as knights has strong relations with these boys?

will we finally see the best of kepler, the man who coached him to bendigo's B&F must know how to play him!

is knights media savvy and does he have the ability to market and promote the club the way it needs to be?

im really satisfied with the appointment of knights, my first choice was dimma, but im ready to embrace knights, and best of luck!

Good luck to Knighter listening to him, he has matured an improved himself no end lsince his days as tiger skipper....One thing about Knighter was his ;level of excellance was like no other...From the handful of U19 games he played, best week in week out, same in ressies, then seniors, guaranteed there wouldn't be two bad ones in a row, a fella that had little trouble in making it once the bar had been raised. Our only prob was there wasn't a group of players just like him....Good luck I say, an intruiging choice that could pay dividends:thumbsu:Dont foreget Roos never played in a premiereship and it hasnt held him back

My name is Luke West, I am a sports journalist at the Bendigo Advertiser who has covered the Bendigo Bombers through all Knighter's time with the club.
I fully endorse Knighter in the position having seen him work close at hand.
He will do a good job for the mighty Bombers, of which I'm a one-eyed supporter

U serious ?
Knights coaching record with the Bendigo Bombers

2005 3rd
2006 12th
2007 8th

and at Port Adelaide Magpies 7 wins and 13 losses .
I hope the Board made a right decision .I dont believe they did BUT i will apologise if Knights proves me wrong .

Congrats Matty, at least some of us are pulling for you.

I'm just about over the human race today, some of the crap I have read on here and on the main board has been absolute shiite. Serioulsy, people should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to re-produce.

Let's get behind him, let him try his thing and see how he goes.

im stoked that we finally have a coach. im confident that knighta can do wonders for us. but i have a few questions.

with a new coach comes a new game plan. i have no seen enough of bendigo to make a statement on knights tactics, can someone shed some light on this. is he attacking, defensive. what should we expect next year?

with the development coach and vfl taking over as senior coach, is it safe to say gumby, ryder, jetta and company will not be traded for judd as knights has strong relations with these boys?

will we finally see the best of kepler, the man who coached him to bendigo's B&F must know how to play him!

is knights media savvy and does he have the ability to market and promote the club the way it needs to be?

im really satisfied with the appointment of knights, my first choice was dimma, but im ready to embrace knights, and best of luck!

wtf is dimma...if your talking about paul dimmatinna....your gotta be kidding ...what has he done barr copping fines from being an annoying runner?????

Congrats Matty, at least some of us are pulling for you.

I'm just about over the human race today, some of the crap I have read on here and on the main board has been absolute shiite. Serioulsy, people should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to re-produce.

Let's get behind him, let him try his thing and see how he goes.

Couldn't agree with you more DeSawx

U serious ?

2005 3rd
2006 12th
2007 8th

I hope the Board made a right decision .I dont believe they did BUT i will apologise if Knights proves me wrong .

You do realise the Essendon list has never had great depth for Bendigo, quite a poor injury run over the last 3 years and very poor top up players compared to other clubs?

At a guess I'd say it was his plan/vision and development ideas through 2010 which got him over the line.

If he is half as good for you blokes as he was for us then you will be just fine. I hope so!! I Love you guys.

U serious ?

2005 3rd
2006 12th
2007 8th

With a very thin list at Bendigo. Not like he had real quality players to work with. Every season he has had 6 plus Essendon listed players out with injury and Bendigo is not funded well enough to by enough quality players.
As far as Port goes they finished around the same two years before he coached there and have finished the same for the next 4 after he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf is dimma...if your talking about paul dimmatinna....your gotta be kidding ...what has he done barr copping fines from being an annoying runner?????
Clearly you must either be 5 years old or have the IQ of a rasin.

Dimma is Damien Hardwick. Paul Dimmatina was never inline for the coaching job, so why on earth would his name be mentioned in this thread.

Congrats to knighter! can we get either hardwick or sumich as assistants if they made it so close to getting our job!!

Congrats to knighter! can we get either hardwick or sumich as assistants if they made it so close to getting our job!!

They have both been approached and offered jobs as assistants. Looks like it's between us and Carlton for Sumich and us or staying at the Hawks for Hardwick.

To tell you the truth, I'm very happy with Matthew Knights.

We've appointed someone who's already got a great knowledge of our young players and someone who's already taken steps in gaining the repsect from the players. Also, he knows exactly where the club is at.

I like the way he presents, he seems a good bloke but at the same time is the ultimate professional.

He comes as a young coach, who I have no doubt will be prepared to make the big decisions, but at the same time will not rush into anything.

I have every hope that Damien Hardwick will return to Essendon as our senior assistant coach. He seemed a little green for the senior coaching position, but having come so close to gaining the Essendon job, he is obviously well equipped.

All the best Knightsy.

Can't believe he was chosen over hardwick. His coaching record at port magpies was crap.

Chocolate's record at Glenelg was crap before he eventually took the reins from Jack at Alberton.

At first I was disappointed as I wanted Hardwick, but now that its digested a bit I think Matty is a great choice. Exactly what we need and even better that he knows our list. Good move IMO

That 1 has sure come out of left field and i dont know enough about him to be happy or dissapointed....tell me some things about him thats encouraging ....ty

This is just for Essendon fans. I am not sure whether he will be good or not, so im just wondering what Essendon fans think.

He already knows our players (strengths and weaknesses) having coached many of them over the past 3 years and he is very popular amoungst the playing group.

He is young - these days, innovative and enthusiastic coaches are leading the current crop in the AFL (eg - Clarko, Worsfold, Bomber and Roos)

He was a decorated player - 279 games at the one club, 2 b&f, Vic rep, all australian and Captain of a competitive finals side.

He will not cost a fortune - we can direct extra money into development and recruiting.

He really loves the club - his kids barrack for the bombers and he intends to be there for a long time if successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back