Past players - 2010 >>>

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing good things and got a good feeling about TMac.

Should he work hard(!!!!!!) he could hold down CHB for us in the next few years!

Re: 43. Jamie Bennell

where do you think Bennell's best position is? forward or back?

So now that he's in the side does that mean it's his last chance to make something of his footy career?

Needs to pull his finger out asap otherwise he'll be heading straight to tafe and starting again.

C'mon Maric show us why we picked you up with pick 20.

With everyone so keen and quick to write him off, i thought he played very well on sunday against the swans. His ball use (except for the one turnover) was very good and we need players like him to play as many games a spossible. He certainly does keep his spot and will hopefully build on this performance and get a little bit more of the ball each week as he is so damaging by foot.

Also would have loved for him to kick that goal from the trunover but hopefully that will also come with confidence. I give him a 6.5/10 and hopefully he can build and build and build on this game

I thought the best thing about his game was his pressure, second efforts and ferocity at the contest. Certainly goes hard for a little fella.

Hopefully, once he adapts to the speed of AFL footy, his skills will really shine too.

Had an average first half to the season and a shocker of a last half to the season where he spent most of it in the VFL. Should be on the trade table and at 27 early next year he isn't going to get a lot better. 3\10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Newton gets a game ahead of you your time is up. Can't take a mark to save himself and that is what will cost him his career. Should be delisted. 2\10

He didn't get a lot of opportunities. Needs a big season next year, his career is at the crossroads maybe a change of position would do him good. I would like to see him tried as a rover to give him some versatility. 1\10

Like a fine wine he got better with age. After an average year last he hit back with a very good year, his first half of the year was outstanding. A hamstring injury cost him a top 5 finish in the B&F. Really unlucky to be forced into retirement. Still finish 2nd in tackles after missing 6 games, he will be missed. 7\10

Newton continues to disappoint. I don't know why he played the last 2 games, maybe tanking purposes? If he stays on the rookie list it won't bother me but if he gets a senior game he better be flying at VFL level because his opportunities at AFL level should be over. 1\10

Showed why he was the No1 pick. Shaded a touch by Trengove in the first half of the year but was definately better than him in the second half of the season finishing the second half of the season off strongly. Has pace, is very good at carrying the ball and has a massive engine. His disposal is a bit sloppy though. 7\10

Had a reasonable first half of the season but really hit his straps in the second half of the year. His disposal and decision making have been a worry at times. 7\10

Disappointing year from Aussie who struggled with his weight and hamstrings. He just didn't give us the spark that we needed often enough. He needs a massive pre season. 3\10

He didn't get many opportunities, I thought he could of got a few more opportunities with Petterd out for the majority of the season but it never happened. Would like to see him have 1 last chance on the rookie list even he has been around the club for a long time. He has good hands and is a capable goal kicker even though he is an ordinary kick. 1\10

Re: 43. Jamie Bennell

Bennell has showed us glimpses of how exciting he is going to be just not often enough. He has blistering pace and is good with his hands, he just needs to get involved more and work on his disposal. His chasing, putting the opposition under pressure was quite good. 4\10

Brad won the Casey Best & Fairest the other night. Results -

86 Brad Miller
83 Kyle Cheney
62 Matthew Warnock
60 Danny Nicholls
55 Paul Johnson
53 Michael Stockdale
52 Ben Macreadie
48 James Wall
46 Evan Panozza

Remove this Banner Ad

Back