Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting, but how there could be an appeal that successfully argues…. “This intentional such conduct will be deemed to be careless unless this the player was contesting the ball and it was reasonable for the player to contest the ball in that way, or the forceful contact to the head or neck was caused by circumstances outside the control of the player which could not reasonably be foreseen.”
He knew Ah Chee was there, that’s why he jumped. He knew he got there late, that’s why he had time to turn “to contest the ball”. How could this NOT be reasonably be foreseen that he would hit Ah Chee high? Farcical.
Yeah that bit is bullshit. Stupidly not presenting it during Cripps testimony or under cross examination that he was bumping Ah Chee not "contesting the ball" in the only way he could was pretty sloppy.

If he chooses to go for the head like Cripps, then yes he should be suspended. If you choose to bump, you are responsible for the outcome
That is 100% correct. But he did not choose to bump. He had his eyes on the ball hands out - you don't do that if you are electing to bump someone

SO? he hasn't taken possession - the ball is still contestable - what did you want Cripps to do stop and blow him a kiss? Read teh Appeal decision - mate - and stop sooking - Cripps should NEVER have been cited in the first place - no surprises thought Mr ex Collingwood playa - has a habit of smashing Carlton players at every opportunity
So chose to jump in the air and hit a player in the head that didn’t have the ball?

So just checking your thought process - if Jeremy howe goes for a big mark and comes down in the process and lands on a players head forcing concussion , then he should be suspended for that act ?
Are you saying that he has a duty of care not to land on anyone's head during this contest ?
Concussions happen. You need to move on....
This is one of the weirdest parts of our game. Tom Lynch, Charlie Dixon or Tom Hawkins could all arguably paralyze a player if they jumped into a marking contest knees out but I am not too sure if they would get suspended for it or not. Additionally, if Dixon punctured Vlastin's lung last week he wouldnt be cited, but if you did that in a tackle I would be sure as gods got sandals you would be facing at minimum a fine.

I get it.
Even tougher for WA/SA/NSW teams etc.
But I don’t see why Collingwood & Richmond always have to get preferential draws.
P.S some nuffty will check thru the records to 1998 or something when Collingwood actually weren’t given good draws.

I was just having a laugh, mate 👍

Sorry I care for head injuries
Bullshit. I don't see you in any other mrp threads where someone gets knocked out. You're here because you have a vested interest in Cripps missing out. If he were a GWS player you wouldn't be here at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the weirdest parts of our game. Tom Lynch, Charlie Dixon or Tom Hawkins could all arguably paralyze a player if they jumped into a marking contest knees out but I am not too sure if they would get suspended for it or not. Additionally, if Dixon punctured Vlastin's lung last week he wouldnt be cited, but if you did that in a tackle I would be sure as gods got sandals you would be facing at minimum a fine.
Probably worth you emailing AFL house I would suggest

Yes please. Out interstate record has been outstanding for as long as I can remember
Ok, done deal.
We’ll write up the joint letter for next year.
Carlton’s worst performances have all been interstate.
Good luck to you.
Glad you have full confidence in Pies’ interstate record. Just as easy as winning on the MCG apparently.

Probably worth you emailing AFL house I would suggest
Well here is the trivia question, has any player ever been knocked out in a marking contest by a player who didn't pull the elbow out or just straight punch them in the back of the head. Has any player ever been knocked out from a knee to the base of the neck/face in a marking contest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back