Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if anyone's mentioned Cotchin in this thread about Dangerfield yet?

He might be a chance to run second to Dangerfield in the Brownlow in the near future.

Dangerfield has the luxury of letting the tag go to Thompson. Will be interesting to see how he goes with a year long tag which I suspect isn't too far away.

In saying that when I have seen him tagged he has beaten it because he would be a horrible bloke to play on if you were a tagger.

Pretty good OP, still a couple of years to run but looks nicely on track.

dat long range goal kicking ability...

images

I swear to god. Every time there's a thread about a good young midfielder, some richmond supporter comes in and brings up Cotchin. Insecure much?

And here come the Richmond fans again ;)

I didn't see the Richmond game today, but Cotchin had some mighty impressive stats though.

Cotchin, Dangerfield, Beams are all mighty impressive at racking up the possies and kicking goals

Cotch and Danga are both absolute legends. Always been a monstrous wrap for the Cotch.

Rendell rated them #2 and #3 in their draft respectively. #qualityeye

Cotch and Danga are both absolute legends. Always been a monstrous wrap for the Cotch.

Rendell rated them #2 and #3 in their draft respectively. #qualityeye
Kreuzer #1?

Kreuzer #1?

Believe so, yes. Which is fair enough. When you look at Kreuzer, the kid has everything, and the reasons for his fortunes trending this way or that are wide-ranging. The big lads take longer to develop, injury hasn't helped him, and there are question marks perhaps over Carlton's ability to develop ruckmen under the current regime.

Matty is an exceptional recruiter. I'm forever filthy on the AFL not just for pushing him out of his job with the Crows, but for damaging his AFL pathway. He's one of the best in the business and deserves to earn his living off that talent. We'll leave that tangent though.

There are certain players that are un-taggable. I mean sure you can put someone on him but its a waste of time. IMO that list includes:

Ablett
Judd (at his best)
Dangerfield
Cotchin
Watson
Swan

The common theme is the ability to win inside and outside ball and the ability to EITHER weave through traffic or bust through traffic.

In relation to the OP i really hope Dangerfield is the best player in the competition by 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe so, yes. Which is fair enough. When you look at Kreuzer, the kid has everything, and the reasons for his fortunes trending this way or that are wide-ranging. The big lads take longer to develop, injury hasn't helped him, and there are question marks perhaps over Carlton's ability to develop ruckmen under the current regime.

Also, Rendell clearly loves the bigger players :D

But it's a fairly strong top 3!

Only in your head.

Matthew Capuano has been a very good coach for Kreuzer, Warnock, Jacobs, Hampson and Casboult.

There are certain players that are un-taggable. I mean sure you can put someone on him but its a waste of time. IMO that list includes:

Ablett
Judd (at his best)
Dangerfield
Cotchin
Watson
Swan

The common theme is the ability to win inside and outside ball and the ability to EITHER weave through traffic or bust through traffic.

In relation to the OP i really hope Dangerfield is the best player in the competition by 2014.
Unfortunately I don't think this is list should have Chris Judd anymore. You have mentioned at his best, but I think his best is definately behind him and I'm not so sure if Dangerfield OR Cotchin are invulnerable to a hard tag yet. Both guns already, but both can fade out of games when a good tagger worth his salt (Carrazzo, S. Selwood) really gets stuck into them. The other 3 have proven that a hard tag doesn't work and you'd be better off tagging teammates (Bennell, Stanton and Pendlebury respectively) as you are more likely to shut those types down. Interesting thread. I'd have a healthy Nat Fyfe at level pegging with Dangerfield and Cotchin also. The future looks bright for any club with these players.

Both guns already, but both can fade out of games when a good tagger worth his salt (Carrazzo, S. Selwood) really gets stuck into them.

I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but I find your examples interesting since Dangerfield was BOG against Carlton (35d, 2g), and probably 2nd best or BOG against West Coast (28d, 2g).

I'm not saying your statement is wrong, but I find your examples interesting since Dangerfield was BOG against Carlton (35d, 2g), and probably 2nd best or BOG against West Coast (28d, 2g).

Carrazzo was out injured for that game. Carlton rotated Gibbs, Curnow and Robinson around between Thompson, Dangerfield and Reilly, and really of those Robinson on Reilly in the first quarter was the only match up Carlton had the better of at any point.

Dangerfield did take Scooter Selwood to town in the WCE game though.

Pretty hard to tag a bloke with such a burst of speed and ability to go into a pack and lift himself up with three guys on top of him and still get the ball out.
Freo rate him so highly.. they tagged Sloane and Thompson first.

Freo rate him so highly.. they tagged Sloane and Thompson first.
Do you actually understand why some teams do that?

They concede sometimes the one they think is hardest to stop to hope to limit the other players instead.. And also sometimes concentrate on players who play purely an inside or outside game..

Do you actually understand why some teams do that?

They concede sometimes the one they think is hardest to stop to hope to limit the other players instead.. And also sometimes concentrate on players who play purely an inside or outside game..
But is he the hardest to stop? No one really knows because they go after Thompson all the time.

Ad76, worked out ok. He got 2 goals yeah, but in general his kicking butchered it so we were able to rebound on his kicking. Just like teams are happy to let Matty Boyd get 40 touches, not all are going to be quality so you just hope he doesn't have a blinder with kicking for once and pick off his kicking.

The only places I've seen him so highly rated are media flogs and this forum. Coaches clearly know who the best players are at Adelaide in terms of danger to their sides chances and plan for that accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back