Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Melbourne's hate for Dangerfield after the Trengove incident may have altered your opinion of him but Dangerfield is pure, raw talent. He is nearly everything you look for in a player, he just lacks a large engine. The kid one of the fastest in the game, always at the bottom of the packs and is very comfortable in front of goal. If I was Damien Hardwick, or Mark Neeld for that matter, I'd be throwing the kitchen sink at him if he wants out.

I know Melbourne's hate for Dangerfield after the Trengove incident may have altered your opinion of him but Dangerfield is pure, raw talent. He is nearly everything you look for in a player, he just lacks a large engine. The kid one of the fastest in the game, always at the bottom of the packs and is very comfortable in front of goal. If I was Damien Hardwick, or Mark Neeld for that matter, I'd be throwing the kitchen sink at him if he wants out.

BF Myth. Certainly didn't struggle too much after he actually got a chance in the midfield post-Craig. We put him forward because we needed another target while Tippett was injured (because Danger is also a great mark and presents well) and this theory about him not having "a big enough tank" for the midfield got airtime. Latter in the season he was actually allowed to play on the ball and certainly showed he had no problems with running out games.

BF Myth. Certainly didn't struggle too much after he actually got a chance in the midfield post-Craig. We put him forward because we needed another target while Tippett was injured (because Danger is also a great mark and presents well) and this theory about him not having "a big enough tank" for the midfield got airtime. Latter in the season he was actually allowed to play on the ball and certainly showed he had no problems with running out games.

Actually, he did struggle.

The only game he didn't was the first one, where he got ~30 touches, but did it against the most pathetic opposition I've seen since Fremantle kicked 1 goal in a game against us. That one game has basically whitewashed from the memory of most supporters that Dangerfield continued to struggle in the same way he always had for the rest of the season - always in and under, but not enough easy ball, still short on engine, and still some wonky kicking.

The only game he didn't was the first one, where he got ~30 touches, but did it against the most pathetic opposition I've seen since Fremantle kicked 1 goal in a game against us. That one game has basically whitewashed from the memory of most supporters that Dangerfield continued to struggle in the same way he always had for the rest of the season - always in and under, but not enough easy ball, still short on engine, and still some wonky kicking.

You and I obviously have been watching different games this season my friend :cool: His engine isn't elite...yet, but it is AFL midfield standard ATM and will only improve with time

I'm really glad at least one Crow fan has pointed this out.

He just doesn't know where to run.

I think he's the most overrated player on BF, along with Jordan Lisle.

Heard from an old school mate of mine, who is rookie listed at the crow's that Patrick Dangerfield has told the club he want's out. Want's to go back to Melbourne. Has a year left on his contract. With Gunston, Maric, Armstrong and possibly Kurt Tippett and Chris Knight's we can hardly afford to lose Dangerfield. BUT if this is true, what would your club give for him?

Teddy

All due respect however your full of shit

Let me guess why Dnger wants to leave the Crows

1. Like Gunston his Girlfriend has him by the balls
Or
2. When he went to the Preliminary with coach Sanderon, Sando didn't buy him a hotdog or beer
Or even
3. After winning the AFZl GF sprint another club offered him a extra 100 k
Or maybe
4. Danger has so much love for Neil Craiig that he has asked to be traded to Melbourne

Trade week is like a full moon :eek:

I'm really glad at least one Crow fan has pointed this out.

He just doesn't know where to run.

I think he's the most overrated player on BF, along with Jordan Lisle.
You are now my most favourite non-hawk poster on BF.

He suffers from Brett Burton Syndrome. Does 1 good thing here and there and because of that + playing for the Crows, he gets massively overrated. Am yet to see him rip a game apart against a QUALITY opponent.

Way to be completely irrelevant. :thumbsu:

Why would I 'hate' Dangerfield??

It's hardly his fault Trengove got suspended.

But I can see how a Richmond fan would condone that kind of logic. ;)

Dangerfield is a great talent, but he's had four years in the system and he hasn't proven anything.

Clubs rarely give up top 5 picks these days, and even then only for a seriously good and PROVEN player.

You are now my most favourite non-hawk poster on BF.

He suffers from Brett Burton Syndrome. Does 1 good thing here and there and because of that + playing for the Crows, he gets massively overrated. Am yet to see him rip a game apart against a QUALITY opponent.
I lold.

How'd he go against your mob this year?

3 votes: P. Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lold.

How'd he go against your mob this year?

3 votes: P. Dangerfield.

He only had 17 disposals, but they were of the highest quality. When we were down, he got 10 disposals in that 3rd quarter and 2 goals to get us right back in it and nab us the lead. Not to mention a stunning running goal in the 4th from the pocket where no one scores. :thumbsu:

All I know is that he is due for a big year. Majority of game time in the middle, you'll see a different more dominant patty then ever before.

Heard from an old school mate of mine, who is rookie listed at the crow's that Patrick Dangerfield has told the club he want's out. Want's to go back to Melbourne. Has a year left on his contract. With Gunston, Maric, Armstrong and possibly Kurt Tippett and Chris Knight's we can hardly afford to lose Dangerfield. BUT if this is true, what would your club give for him?

Who is staying at West Lakes?

Dude this is the kind of trading that has had us in the cellar for 30 years, we need more then a Dangerfield to get where we need to.

i agree, this trade would set us back from where we are headed. dangerman is not a bad player but has plenty of flaws. i think everything thinks of him and sees the 100metre runs and amazing goals he kicks every blue moon but they dont take into account his flaws such as disposal efficiency, decision making, consistency and ball winning ability.

to me hes overated and would rather keep what we have thanks:thumbsu:

today_op_was_a_phaggot.jpg

Teddy please refrain starting threads that are utter BS.

Dangerifeld would be in the top 5-10 fitness runners at Adelaide which under Neil Craig was meant to be one of the fittest teams, so no mean feat.

I'd believe that. The reason why he gets tired during games is because he runs faster than he needs to, to positions where he won't win or get the ball. Once he rectifies that, he'll earn roughly 7-8 possies more on average, and will be more efficient as he'll be less tired than he would be.

To all those who are calling BS on this one. I was at a lunch this week and one of the blokes at the lunch is a mate of Dangerfield's and went to school with him (Joey's is that right??) He said he has spoken to him a few times recently and he is definately trying to get back to Melbourne.

I couldn't care one way or another but this bloke had Dangerfield's number in his mobile, so I have no reason not to believe him.

To all those who are calling BS on this one. I was at a lunch this week and one of the blokes at the lunch is a mate of Dangerfield's and went to school with him (Joey's is that right??) He said he has spoken to him a few times recently and he is definately trying to get back to Melbourne.

I couldn't care one way or another but this bloke had Dangerfield's number in his mobile, so I have no reason not to believe him.

Yep, and we really have no reason to believe you. :p:rolleyes:

I'd brake the bank for him if I were the Roos, exactly the type of midfielder that North need. Very quick, pretty good user and can kick goals/go forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back