Patrick Smith - Chokers or chumps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by kriles76
No free lunches? Well you put up or shut up. AFL and MCC members spend anywhere between $300 to $500 a year on their memberships. You get what you pay for. I pay for finals whether I see them or not, but my money buys me the opportunity.

An ordinary 11 game membership and people whinge about having to pay extra to see finals. It's user pays....

Crap. You go on about how at the MCG there would be 40,000 AFL and MCC members going to the game. Thats exactly our point. They get in for $8 or less. They pay a huge amount of money for these memberships.

AAMI Stadium members pay up to $370 for a membership (the $370 is Category1 - which i have) yet we still have to pay FULL PRICE for a finals ticket. No discounts for being a member here. No $8 ticket. No free entry. We pay full price ON TOP of the $370 membership.

Now please...you tell me that if AFL members and MCC members had to pay FULL PRICE for finals tickets that they would all show up? Your very naive and stupid if you believe so. Plenty of neutral supporters go to finals in Melbourne, mainly becuase it costs them minimal to go. No neutral supporters go in Adelaide because its costs full price to go.

If MCC Members and AFL members had to pay $37 a ticket to go on Saturday night, how many do you reckon would have turned up? Id say the only ones that would pay that are the generally rich and the respective clubs fans. You wouldnt get neutral supporters at that price. Nor would there be 30,000 neutral supporters paying $70+ for a Prelim Final ticket in two weeks time either.

A bit of perspective from you lot in Melbourne would be nice. You think we pay $40 for our memberships over here? Bugger off...we pay just as much as AFL members do and we get bugger all for it.

FFS, the ticket prices were even discounted for this match, nowhere else but in Adelaide, not in Melbourne, not in Perth.

Discounted what?? $3!! wowee!! Still doesnt account for the fact that as you say, potentially 40,000 MCC and AFL members can show up at the MCG for $8 or less whereas everyone that shows up to finals in Adelaide pays full price for a ticket.

Crows supporters won't see Port matches or vice versa. Like, i said, its finals footy. I was working last night but otherwise would have gladly been at the 'G watching a great contest between Collingwood and Brisbane even though I was a neutral supporter.

You would have paid $37 a ticket for it? Would you have been willing to take your family along with all of them paying $37 a ticket? I would have gone as well if i only had to pay $8. I would have gone to the Crows final too if i had to pay only $8. It costs me $8 to get into an SANFL regular season game...you dont reckon if AAMI members got similar discounts as AFL members that they still wouldnt turn up?

You say 34k crowd at Moron Park makes more money than the MCG. Well, the AFL/MCC members have paid for their seats before a ball is even bounced at the start of the season.

We pay memberships to you know. Im not sure how much for a club season ticket...but AAMI Stadium Category 1 costs $370 a year. AAMI Stadium Category 2 and 3 costs $270 a year.

Consider that there are 50,000 AFL and about the same number of MCC members, 70% have paid for their ticket but never end up going to the final.

Considering there are around about 20,000 members of AAMI Stadium, all of them pay there money for memberships too. All those pay full ticket price for finals matches. You dont think that if the AFL or whoever made AAMI Stadium Category 1 tickets (essentially the same as an MCC membership) for free, and Category 2 and 3 (essentially AFL memberships for Crows and Port) pay $8 a ticket that every single member would show up?

34,000 turned up tot he Port game yesterday. Weve maybe had 1 game of a higher attendance all year. Everyone paid full ticket price to go to that match. There were no 20,000 free loaders. Yet you still have a go at that crowd? The outer was basically full...not many spare seats around...maybe a few thousand at most...but the AAMI members area was its usual half full. Why is that? Because AAMI members dont get discount tickets for finals like people in melbourne do.

You can bitch and moan about the people of Adelaide being screwed over and you not given your free lunch but in this case, its my and thousands of AFL/MCC memberships that subsidise your's and all clubs.

Utter crap that is.

Is it me, or is it just too easy to bag out Port??? I'm so over the Board today and all the Port bashings....can't we move on and talk something which involves a little more cerebral effort???

Citing Patrick Smith is weak....PLEASE SOME CREDIBILITY!!!

PS...I'm definitely not a Port fan, but I enjoy good footy and not mindless bashings..

Originally posted by Macca19
Crap. You go on about how at the MCG there would be 40,000 AFL and MCC members going to the game. Thats exactly our point. They get in for $8 or less. They pay a huge amount of money for these memberships.

AAMI Stadium members pay up to $370 for a membership (the $370 is Category1 - which i have) yet we still have to pay FULL PRICE for a finals ticket. No discounts for being a member here. No $8 ticket. No free entry. We pay full price ON TOP of the $370 membership.

Now please...you tell me that if AFL members and MCC members had to pay FULL PRICE for finals tickets that they would all show up? Your very naive and stupid if you believe so. Plenty of neutral supporters go to finals in Melbourne, mainly becuase it costs them minimal to go. No neutral supporters go in Adelaide because its costs full price to go.

I apolgize to you Macca19 and fellow AAMI stadium members but I have little sympathy. If I've misunderstood your rights as an AAMI stadium member that's because I can't believe how anyone could be so easily swindled, gullible or stupid.

Well, who's the d1ckhead that pays this $370 for bugger-all in return? That only goes to show that 20,000 people are idiots like you who happilly fork over $370 for what? 22 AFL H&A game and SANFL matches - what a bargain that is, sign me up. Who runs the AAMI membership campaign, Christopher Scase?

Don't complain to me that you get hosed - you're the one that's happy to accept the situation. If you don't like it, vote with your feet. Otherwise it seems like there's a sucker born every minute, at least 20000 of them in Adelaide that is. What happened did you all pay $370 when the "Suckers Wanted" sign went up. Fool.

<You can bitch and moan about the people of Adelaide being screwed over and you not given your free lunch but in this case, its my and thousands of AFL/MCC memberships that subsidise your's and all clubs.>

Oh christ thats the most hilarious thing I've read all night...! What utter bollocks!

Originally posted by Porthos
Pfeh. Even with a home prelim we would've been told about the immense pressure in facing Brisbane or Adelaide at Footy Park. No difference at all, the second final was still going to have pressure either way.

To my mind, this week has less pressure. If we lose, we're already pathetic. If we win, then thats OK but we're still pathetic.

lmao this guy is too funny.
last week the final against sydney wasn't a big deal to Port because they get a second chance so Port fans wouldn't attend. or so he said on bigfooty. now this weeks game against essendon has less pressure. you don't know much about finals. but at least you're good for a laugh. :D

Originally posted by Mudholian
34,000 and 39,000 aren't poor attendances.

Yeah,nah....look...

you're right, they are not poor attendances and perhaps my statement was poorly worded. Let me re-phrase by saying that they should have been better attended.

What's the capacity of Footy Park, 45,000?

I'm used to seeing Footy Park packed to the sh1thouse, particularly Crows matches. If that's all that can be mustered for a sudden-death final no less, what was the point of building that new stand? Now all you see is the sun glinting off those aluminium benches all over the place.

Port Adelaide's crowds have been shouse the last couple of years, or is that all the supporters they have? They only got 28k when they played the Hawks a couple of years back, 32k against Collingwood, and 33k over the weekend.

It just seems like Crows and Port supporters are oblivious to finals and treat it like another H&A match. That's what I'm having a go at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Smith - Chokers or chumps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back