Patrick Veszpremi

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are kidding yourself, you wouldn't have got a top 10 pick for him last year and you won't get a top 20 for him this year either. Andrew Lovett went for 16 and whilst St Kilda overpaid (ignoring post trade incidents), he had showed alot more in his career than Tambling.

Whilst Tambling might excel at another club, he might also stay at the same level he has played at Richmond in which case any club picking him up will be cautious and unwilling to risk wasting a high draft pick on him.

That's just my opinion, given he wants out of Tigerland I guess we'll see soon enough

Pick 11 for McLean skews many posters' thinking - best we consider that as an error, and not reflective of an informed market price.

I think Tambling would get close on pick 20 - maybe a few either way

I'd give Veszpremi and our second rounder for Tambling and Richmond's 4th rounder (roughly 60-65 off the top of my head). Player swap, second pick moves down a round, third pick moves down half a round. I wouldn't like it, but if Vespa is out the door, then it would be fair.

Remember, Tambling has had ONE good season. He has talent, but he's a big, big risk. Richmond probably won't be looking at going that deep into the draft anyway, will they?

I'd give Veszpremi and our second rounder for Tambling and Richmond's 4th rounder (roughly 60-65 off the top of my head). Player swap, second pick moves down a round, third pick moves down half a round. I wouldn't like it, but if Vespa is out the door, then it would be fair.

Remember, Tambling has had ONE good season. He has talent, but he's a big, big risk. Richmond probably won't be looking at going that deep into the draft anyway, will they?

sounds about the mark with your second round pick being about 40 ish but the 4th pick may not be doable , we will take 5 nd picks & 1 psd pick

What else you need to consider is that there are apparently several clubs asking about Tambling and I wouldn't doubt that one club will throw a pick between 18-25. I think you ovverrate draft picks he finished 3rd in our b&f last year and played good football. Put it this way I would prefer him than McLean who went at 11 but was overpaid for.

Vezpremi and your 2nd rounder for Tambling and our 4th was a good suggestion.

The only thing is I don't really want to get rid of him, he was awesome in 09 in some games and then he has been injured all year and everyone forgets. Still keen to keep him.

I think Thursfield for Vezpremi would be fair but we would probably have to sweeten the deal purely because of Vezpremis upside which has to be factored into the trade.

sounds about the mark with your second round pick being about 40 ish but the 4th pick may not be doable , we will take 5 nd picks & 1 psd pick

Do you have any priority picks this year? The whole GC thing has totally screwed around with my perception of who has which draft picks. If you do, that's a first rounder, priority pick, two second rounders and a third rounder.

In terms of draft picks, what exactly do you think Tambling's trade value is?

I doubt you'd get a pick under 30 for him
A team with a number of inside mids who is looking for an outside runner would definately look at him; Tambling looks like the type that would play better at a higher placed club.
St Kilda & the Bulldogs would value him more highly than most other sides in the competition and they would be your chance of getting a pick under 30.

I'd be interested in getting him although I don't think we will part with a pick in the first 2 rounds.

If a 3rd round pick could get the job done, then I would do it in an instant, but I would be very surprised if the Swans were to consider that.

From an unbiased perspective, i think Ves would command a possible 3rd rounder and Tambling later 1st round around the 18-25 type pick. i think the suggestion of ves + 2nd rounder for Tamb + 4th rounder is pretty spot on the mark.

As a collingwood supporter i wouldnt be opposed to giving up our first rounder about the 24 mark for tambling and our 2nd round for Ves. Id take that risk in a compromised draft.

Straight swap for Thursfield?

Absent Bolton and LRT Teddy Richards looked a little exposed at FB. Might be a win/win?

Thursfield and Tambling for Veszpremi and pick 21?

Heard that a swap for Gavin urqharst could be on the cards. Hope north get involved, outside mid that lazy but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have chased him for a long time so id be very shocked if he didnt end up there. Sydney are being somewhat lazy so far. No one has made a offer because no one is around to make a offer too atm.

Straight swap for Thursfield?

Absent Bolton and LRT Teddy Richards looked a little exposed at FB. Might be a win/win?

Thursfield and Tambling for Veszpremi and pick 21?

Richards did fine at FB in the absence of Bolton and LRT - much better than we'd have expected him to. If Thursfield wants to leave Richmond to get more senior opportunities, why would he want to come to a club where he is definitely behind Grundy, LRT and Bolton and quite probably behind Richards too, in terms of tall defender pecking order. Swans need more depth in their key defensive roles but from players who are happy to be on the fringes for the next season or two while they develop. (And in Heath and Reid we might already have two of those players.)

Any club taking on Veszpremi does so believing they can extract his upside, not based on what he's actually delivered. If all such a club is prepared to pay is a 3rd round pick, don't see the point in the Swans trading him. Would rather we gave him another year to see if he can get his body right. If he doesn't, or even if he does and then walks out as an uncontracted player, the opportunity cost of that lost 3rd round pick is nothing. Only see the point in trading him if another club wants him enough to provide something of value, which might be a specific player that the Swans see fufilling a role in its current squad.

Richmond have chased him for a long time so id be very shocked if he didnt end up there. Sydney are being somewhat lazy so far. No one has made a offer because no one is around to make a offer too atm.
Very puzzled by that comment. Vez is contracted next year so the onus isn't on the Swans to go chasing deals regarding Vez.

Richards did fine at FB in the absence of Bolton and LRT - much better than we'd have expected him to. If Thursfield wants to leave Richmond to get more senior opportunities, why would he want to come to a club where he is definitely behind Grundy, LRT and Bolton and quite probably behind Richards too, in terms of tall defender pecking order. Swans need more depth in their key defensive roles but from players who are happy to be on the fringes for the next season or two while they develop. (And in Heath and Reid we might already have two of those players.)

Bolton 31 next year and facing a tough road back from a bad and lingering injury for a player of his age.

Grundy surely better suited to a flank. I think the Swans have an obvious need

I don't agree with the premise that Grundy is suited to a flank. He's had a brilliant year save for the Dogs semifinal and perhaps against Pav earlier in the year. He has taken on and beaten bigger guys like Jonathan Brown. Filling a defensive post is down on our list of priorities at the moment.

Very puzzled by that comment. Vez is contracted next year so the onus isn't on the Swans to go chasing deals regarding Vez.

Thats the reason they are being lazy though :D. Bit of a powerplay move I guess. Even though Vezpremi wants to leave you arnt entitled to give him up and your making sure everyone knows that.

Anyone who says Vezpremi is going here or there atm is lieing because no one at Sydney has told him what he is doing yet

What else you need to consider is that there are apparently several clubs asking about Tambling and I wouldn't doubt that one club will throw a pick between 18-25. I think you ovverrate draft picks he finished 3rd in our b&f last year and played good football. Put it this way I would prefer him than McLean who went at 11 but was overpaid for.

Vezpremi and your 2nd rounder for Tambling and our 4th was a good suggestion.

The only thing is I don't really want to get rid of him, he was awesome in 09 in some games and then he has been injured all year and everyone forgets. Still keen to keep him.

I think Thursfield for Vezpremi would be fair but we would probably have to sweeten the deal purely because of Vezpremis upside which has to be factored into the trade.

You must be kidding mate, surely a proven AFL standard player trumps potential every time.

I like the Tambling and pick upgrade proposal, first really good unbiased proposal I have seen for awhile.

Bolton 31 next year and facing a tough road back from a bad and lingering injury for a player of his age.

Grundy surely better suited to a flank. I think the Swans have an obvious need

Grundy a flanker? LOL. Would have been on the fringes of the 40 man AA squad this season as a CHB.

Bolton doesn't have many years left, sure, which is why we need to develop some potential KPDs for a year or two down the track. But assuming Bolton recovers to play next year, he's not gonna get pushed out of the team by Thursfield. We were without Bolton for almost the whole of 2010, LRT for the last 3rd, yet rarely looked overstretched in defence. Thursfield would be depth, nothing more. Why leave as Richmond fringe to become Sydney fringe?

Seems fair :eek:

You know what I meant.

Yeah - just mucking around

I think the point is that Thursfield at 24 is probably as good as he's going to get, Vez may not become a player, but if he does he has a very big upside.

Yeah - just mucking around

I think the point is that Thursfield at 24 is probably as good as he's going to get, Vez may not become a player, but if he does he has a very big upside.

Never can tell on BF :confused:

You are possibly right that he has peaked, but it means we are taking a massive risk and you guys are guaranteed a solid defender.

Hopefully our guys know if the risk is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back