Patton concussed after being assualted in USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ok, Just that my brother in law was warned not to walk anywhere after dark by a bloke who lives in LA, Because chances are you'll get mugged, He also said it's like that in a lot of cities.

I've heard a few people say it now so i'm starting to get this idea in my head, I suppose I shouldn't always take what people tell me so serious. :).

Who the hell carries a step ladder around just to hit blokes?
6ft 6 grow on tress around here - especially in LA…

And if your at an LA nightclub - anyone that size is gonna be a target of interest..

Go Catters

Is it true 50% of America is a no go zone after sundown? Who wants to live in a country that's too dangerous to go outside at night?

That place seems f*****. .
I been in LA for 15 years and toured all over the country for work.

There are MANY beautiful places and great people.

And just as many shit holes and back hole towns where bigotry, ignorance , crime and stupidity rule supreme. And yes, there are places, many place actually, where I wont drive thru at night - period. To the point where ill sit on the freeway for an hour rather than get off and drive thru.

Go Catters

If by much bigger you mean under a centimetre then yeah, much bigger.

I think the averages could be misleading. I live in LA atm and there are some pretty big lads over here. Far more frequently run into them here than in any of the 3 Australian cities I've lived in. I think it would be more revealing to see percentage of population by height range: 210+, 200-210, 190-200, 180-190 etc.

Oh ok, Just that my brother in law was warned not to walk anywhere after dark by a bloke who lives in LA, Because chances are you'll get mugged, He also said it's like that in a lot of cities.

I've heard a few people say it now so i'm starting to get this idea in my head, I suppose I shouldn't always take what people tell me so serious. :).

There are places in a lot of American cities that you shouldn't walk around in after dark, most of LA would be in that category. LA is a death hole. But there are plenty of places that are safe and fine and beautiful. You just have to have some local knowledge or a good sense for that stuff.

There are places in a lot of American cities that you shouldn't walk around in after dark, most of LA would be in that category. LA is a death hole. But there are plenty of places that are safe and fine and beautiful. You just have to have some local knowledge or a good sense for that stuff.

Fair, It's definitely on my list of places to visit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took me a while to get to know them.
Told some local friends of what I had done when I first got here. I was just plain dumb and lucky.

GO Catters

Patton is a ****ing Goliath, I find it very hard to believe anyone would willingly get into a fight with such a giant unprovoked.

Apparently Patton is pretty good on the lip during games as well, so put 2 and 2 together and......:rolleyes:

It took me a while to get to know them.
Told some local friends of what I had done when I first got here. I was just plain dumb and lucky.

GO Catters

Can you elaborate for me? I'm living in the Valley atm and it seems alright. Have walked around at night plenty of times with no issue. It does get kinda ghetto the further away from Ventura I wander though. Any tips?

I lived in Phnom Penh a few years ago now and found myself walking home in the early hours from a bar in the wrong part of town. Was fortunate that just as a threat started charging towards me, a guy on a motorbike told me to jump on and we sped away with guy in pursuit on foot. Talked to some long timers about this and it turns out I was apparently very lucky to get out of there unharmed.

Can you elaborate for me? I'm living in the Valley atm and it seems alright. Have walked around at night plenty of times with no issue. It does get kinda ghetto the further away from Ventura I wander though. Any tips?

I lived in Phnom Penh a few years ago now and found myself walking home in the early hours from a bar in the wrong part of town. Was fortunate that just as a threat started charging towards me, a guy on a motorbike told me to jump on and we sped away with guy in pursuit on foot. Talked to some long timers about this and it turns out I was apparently very lucky to get out of there unharmed.

Studio City, Parts of NOHO are ok, Univseral City walk etc all ok.

If you go to Pacoima, parts of NOHO, and deeper into the SFV it gets worse. Parts of Burbank, Glendale even are dodgy at night. Sunland, Sylmar, San Fernanado, all get very questionable.

Downtown also sketchy. LA Live and Staples is ok. But a few blocks any direction and its toast. Same with USC down there. 3 blocks from the campus and its the hood.

Go Catters

East Coast has way more shit holes bro

I'm half American, I know

Also has some of the greatest places in the world, including NY, which deserves all the tributes it gets.

Shits all over the West Coast (except for SF, which is also awesome)...

It's always unprovoked with these guys overseas...happens at least a few times every year to a small group of guys travelling OS.

So...he either spilled a drink, hit on someone's woman or pushed in line outside the club?

OR was hammered and can't remember what he did anyway.

Also has some of the greatest places in the world, including NY, which deserves all the tributes it gets.

Shits all over the West Coast (except for SF, which is also awesome)...
West Coast is stronger as a whole

California alone beats New York

Have you ever been out of Manhattan Island? Yeah. There are a lot of shit holes around there.

Studio City, Parts of NOHO are ok, Univseral City walk etc all ok.

If you go to Pacoima, parts of NOHO, and deeper into the SFV it gets worse. Parts of Burbank, Glendale even are dodgy at night. Sunland, Sylmar, San Fernanado, all get very questionable.

Downtown also sketchy. LA Live and Staples is ok. But a few blocks any direction and its toast. Same with USC down there. 3 blocks from the campus and its the hood.

Go Catters

Thanks mate. Good to have some idea. I went to bar in Reseda last w'end. Hadn't been there before so didn't know what to expect. The bar was okay but area was a bit sketchy. Girlfriend went to USC, so I know what you're talking about there. Even had a guy giving me stick at Chanos early one morning.

Thx for the advice :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Patton concussed after being assualted in USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back