Unsolved Paul Virgona - Croydon football coach executed on Monash Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s correct, they where after the target of a mans wife (as payback for the husband who was a know crim) who lived in same street but 1 block further down. Both had blonde hair, and both lived on a corner, both men involved now dead, one overdosed and one died in a boating accident if I remember correctly.
Didn’t they drive the same car too?

Did someone follow her from her home at 3am in the morning and shoot her?

Thinking logically the intended target would have to be someone who lives in the same street as the victim and travels to work at 3am Saturday morning.

Chances of that have be almost non existent. I could accept mistaken identity theory if the killers happened to see the victims vehicle by chance on Eastlink and shoot him believing him to be someone else.

That didn't happen here at all.

You’re assuming they picked him up originally from his home. That didn’t necessarily happen. They could have tracked him from work or elsewhere to his house.

Will the killers give up who they were taking orders from?

Last I heard they weren’t confident of that but thought phone records etc might net some results.

Didn’t they drive the same car too?

The Thurgood /Dove theory re the Rabbles bikies is only that,-a theory. Cynics may say it conveniently takes attention away from a long serving Victorian Copper who was reportedly infatuated with her ,and wouldn't take no for an answer. The case is still open-it has not proved to be a case of mistaken identity-just convenient speculation on what was an truly shocking crime.

The Thurgood /Dove theory re the Rabbles bikies is only that,-a theory. Cynics may say it conveniently takes attention away from a long serving Victorian Copper who was reportedly infatuated with her ,and wouldn't take no for an answer. The case is still open-it has not proved to be a case of mistaken identity-just convenient speculation on what was an truly shocking crime.
It’s been all but proven, if the 2 scumbags weren’t dead they would have been charged.
Long serving job is a bit of a stretch he was just a ordinary copper, and the known crim lived 1 block away on the same street.

Last edited:
I’m not sure that’s the case here, yes disinformation is used but it’s usually a leak to a media mouth piece stating arrests are imminent or someone’s cooperating, basically an appeal to self interest. Here they’ve put out the family in a press conference, that’s an appeal to emotion, unlikely to move someone capable of this kind of execution. I think that was pitched to the public in case someone who didn’t want to get involved had information.

Also there’s nothing linking him to bikies, so if they were shaking the tree I’m not sure they would be the ones they were looking at, more likely to be market types they were looking at.

If they didn't know who they were chasing the family appeal press conference would have happened much sooner. The silence was deafening in the first couple of weeks with regard to appeals for information. Always a sign the cops are on the right scent.

I'd say the dumped car and hoodie would have provided some DNA that gave them a kick start on who to look at. They will have been slowly building their case via phone taps, reviewing CCTV footage, checking toll road checkpoints etc. The family press conference will have been to stir up the culprits and get them talking just before they were arrested.

One thing you can guarantee is the cops would not have rushed to arrest these blokes. They will have ensured they gave themselves every chance of a conviction with evidence from the surveillance etc. Once they make the arrests and show their hand that opportunity is all over.

No way did they get the crucial tip off after that press conference, put the suspects under surveillance, build a water tight case and coordinate raids and arrests at 12 properties in less than two weeks. They will have had these two pinned from very early on.

If they didn't know who they were chasing the family appeal press conference would have happened much sooner. The silence was deafening in the first couple of weeks with regard to appeals for information. Always a sign the cops are on the right scent.

I'd say the dumped car and hoodie would have provided some DNA that gave them a kick start on who to look at. They will have been slowly building their case via phone taps, reviewing CCTV footage, checking toll road checkpoints etc. The family press conference will have been to stir up the culprits and get them talking just before they were arrested.

One thing you can guarantee is the cops would not have rushed to arrest these blokes. They will have ensured they gave themselves every chance of a conviction with evidence from the surveillance etc. Once they make the arrests and show their hand that opportunity is all over.

No way did they get the crucial tip off after that press conference, put the suspects under surveillance, build a water tight case and coordinate raids and arrests at 12 properties in less than two weeks. They will have had these two pinned from very early on.
Spot on.

"No link has been identified by investigators between the deceased and the two accused. Investigators are yet to establish a motive for this offence."

So they have nothing.

Whether Mr Virgona's killing was a case of mistaken identity remains an open line of inquiry.

It seems like someone went to an awful lot of preparation to get the wrong person.

It seems like someone went to an awful lot of preparation to get the wrong person.

The two aren't real bright, they dropped evidence running, one of them is heavily tattoo'd on the face, neck and hands and the other full arm to hands and fingers.

If forensics didn't pick anything up on the top one of them dropped or in the car, one clear pic on cctv somewhere would be all it would have taken for them to identify either by their tattoos within hours even if they don't have a record.

Show one tattooist someone else's work and they usually can identify it. "Who's work is that?" "Jake King." Ahhhh, we're looking for the Mongols.

The two aren't real bright, they dropped evidence running, one of them is heavily tattoo'd on the face, neck and hands and the other full arm to hands and fingers.

If forensics didn't pick anything up on the top one of them dropped or in the car, one clear pic on cctv somewhere would be all it would have taken for them to identify either by their tattoos within hours even if they don't have a record.

Show one tattooist someone else's work and they usually can identify it. "Who's work is that?" "Jake King." Ahhhh, we're looking for the Mongols.

They obviously didn’t get to complete the mission , I wouldn’t doubt there intelligence just got picked up after burning the car and had to run off . As for being able to pin point tattoos back to shops I’ve heard it all n

Interesting.

As for being able to pin point tattoos back to shops I’ve heard it all

Yah yah. It's not all ink by numbers on someone else's stencil and you know that. It's identifiable art, if they're any good.

They obviously didn’t get to complete the mission

A man is dead, what else was there to the mission?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but it’s a city of ink , and most crummy cameras aren’t high def. tattoos may stand out if there bold like tribal aye i really doubt most people doing high end crimes wouldn’t front up to the function wearing a hoodie and so forth . We’re not talking street argument are we were talking hunting of target

Yah yah. It's not all ink by numbers on someone else's stencil and you know that. It's identifiable art, if they're any good.

The mission of not being caught , unfortunately it’s not monopoly or is it ?
I do like the joker roller door living art .

A man is dead, what else was there to the mission?

A man with a Nazi symbol tattooed on his face has appeared in a Melbourne court charged with gun offences, following raids linked to a murder.
Andrew Heil has been charged over the probe into fruiterer Paul Virgona's death, after he was gunned down on a freeway in November last year.
The 30-year-old faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Tuesday accused of possessing unregistered firearms including a sub-machine gun and handguns.

A man with a Nazi symbol tattooed on his face has appeared in a Melbourne court charged with gun offences, following raids linked to a murder.
Andrew Heil has been charged over the probe into fruiterer Paul Virgona's death, after he was gunned down on a freeway in November last year.
The 30-year-old faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Tuesday accused of possessing unregistered firearms including a sub-machine gun and handguns.

I'm guessing Heil isn't the name he was born with...

So these guys were charged with a range of offences such as possessing a machine gun... I take it cops are now saying they didn't possess a machine gun, and most of the other offences didn't happen? Sounds like plea deals have been made.

So these guys were charged with a range of offences such as possessing a machine gun... I take it cops are now saying they didn't possess a machine gun, and most of the other offences didn't happen? Sounds like plea deals have been made.

Maybe the police just invent things in order to be seen to be bringing about solutions?

Committal hearing for this pair of fu**in morons started today.

Clothing was left in the car, as was a half-eaten Kit Kat. Their DNA was on that.
Fact the police almost caught them, saw them drop the stuff, they are farked, even Robert rictor couldn’t get these 2 dopes off, still haven’t heard a reason, seemed like a clean skin?
doubt they will talk, could have been standing over him? They followed him from home and pumped 11 shots into him.

Fact the police almost caught them, saw them drop the stuff, they are farked, even Robert rictor couldn’t get these 2 dopes off, still haven’t heard a reason, seemed like a clean skin?
doubt they will talk, could have been standing over him? They followed him from home and pumped 11 shots into him.

I’d say they picked him up from the markets and it was mistaken identity

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved Paul Virgona - Croydon football coach executed on Monash Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back