Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but wouldn't be surprised if Pav got legendary status by the end of his career.

I would be considering you have to be retired for a number of years before you can enter the HOF and I don't think he is good enough to be considered a Legend.

He's really made our club. Saved us from being completely irrelevant. Not weve got a shot of making some waves in September. Needs to be a bronze statue of the guy next to the Gerovich statue in Freo.

220px-Gerovich_statue.jpg

Seriously.

You can't get 7 All Australian jumpers and not be considered a champion. Nuff said.

Lol. Cats fan pumping the the Opp after a finals defeat... One word for you, embarrassment.

Why do you always rag on other clubs? I like Richmond but your mob are the embarassment dude. How many finals has Chris Newman played in with his 12 years at Tigerland? Jealous.

One of my favourite players.

Great player, wanted him on the Pies for years now...
Would still trade Cloke and one of Wellingham/Daisy/Beams for him and maybe a young prospect.

Would be as popular as Buddy on one of the big 3-4 Victorian Clubs.

The knock on Pav has been standing up in big games and missing key goals (The Postman Delivers again)

But tonight he lead from the front in one of the biggest games Fremantle has played.

I know Ross was trying to downplay it, but they'll take great confidence forward that they can beat any team anywhere.

The knock on Pav has been standing up in big games and missing key goals (The Postman Delivers again)

But tonight he lead from the front in one of the biggest games Fremantle has played.

I know Ross was trying to downplay it, but they'll take great confidence forward that they can beat any team anywhere.

It's such a fallacy though. He had one year where he had a few games where he struggled but he's been amazingly consistent.

It's such a fallacy though. He had one year where he had a few games where he struggled but he's been amazingly consistent.

Pav answered all his critics tonight

I'm sure he'll have another great game next week too

Adelaide v Fremantle should be a cracker

What a load of crap. There were two friday night games where Pav hit a post near the death. But all you stupid vics of course ignore all the games where he continually stood up. Where the ball wasn´t going forward he took it on himself to go into the middle often resulting in him bursting out and kicking a goal from 60m.

Not to mention that he has played midfield most of his career and had numerous match winning performances there.

If you look at his finals performances, which are limited, but he has always stood up and been in our best few players, almost singlehandedly getting us into a GF when he kicked 7 against the Swans (hardly missed that night).

What a load of crap. There were two friday night games where Pav hit a post near the death. But all you stupid vics of course ignore all the games where he continually stood up. Where the ball wasn´t going forward he took it on himself to go into the middle often resulting in him bursting out and kicking a goal from 60m.

Not to mention that he has played midfield most of his career and had numerous match winning performances there.

If you look at his finals performances, which are limited, but he has always stood up and been in our best few players, almost singlehandedly getting us into a GF when he kicked 7 against the Swans (hardly missed that night).

As I said, he answered his critics tonight in the best possible way.

The Crows defense will have their work cut out stopping him next week that's for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish people on bigfooty had better memory. Pavlich has been dominating the forward line since 2005 (Which I think was his best season in my opinion).

He made AA full back in 2002 at 20 years old.
He made AA mid the next year in 2003. Averaged 19 touches a game and kicked 37 goals.
Just two years later AA CHF kicking 61 goals in 2005.

And people are only starting to notice him THIS year?

Edit: Was probably unlucky to make AA in 2004 as well. Played just as well as the year before.

As they were saying on Fox, if Pavlich played for a Victorian club he would be considered one of the greatest ever. Extremely good player, and I think underrated to a certain extent. The only difference between him this year and in previous years, is that Pav actually has some good players helping him out.

One of my favourite players.

Great player, wanted him on the Pies for years now...
Would still trade Cloke and one of Wellingham/Daisy/Beams for him and maybe a young prospect.

Would be as popular as Buddy on one of the big 3-4 Victorian Clubs.

Lulz, Cloke for Pav (as good as he is) is bad enough, let alone adding Beams and Thomas to the equation. Both wouldn't get traded for Pav on their own anyway.

As they were saying on Fox, if Pavlich played for a Victorian club he would be considered one of the greatest ever.

Considering we have numerous threads from Victorians on here telling us the "if he played for a Vic club" thing is a myth that tells me two things:

a) The average commentator is stupider than the average Victorian bigfooty poster

b) Even though Vic posters on here think they appreciate guys like Pav, they don't truly appreciate him like they would if he played for a Vic team

I'm going to go with six from column a and half a dozen from column b.

Myth busters takes a look at the myth that Pavlich doesn't score when it counts in Finals and isn't a champion..

2003 EF - Freo Vs Ess - 2.0
2006 QF - Freo Vs Ade - 2.1
2006 SF - Freo Vs Melb- 2.2
2006 PF - Freo Vs Syd - 4.2
2010 EF - Freo Vs Hawks - 3.0
2010 SF - Freo Vs Geelong - 4.2
2012 EF - Freo Vs Geelong - 6.0

Myth Busted.

Next week we look at what damage he has caused against Adelaide....

champion player in a shit team. deserves better :thumbsu:

We're doing a pretty bloody good job lately of rectifying this perception, to be honest if we had McPharlin I'd seriously be thinking premiership this year, as unlikely as it would be for a team to finish 7th and win four consectutive games interstate the team is playing with self-belief that I've never seen in them before and much has to be credited to Lyon.

Don't think he has many haters, rits.

Great of the modern game.

Maybe not, the people who endlessly peddle the "constantly choking it up" myth peeve me, but they're really more like troublemakers than haters I guess.

Biased as I am I still can't see any reasons to hate the great man (Geelong supporters aside).

Remove this Banner Ad

Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back