PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Still under quoting argh

Being able to deal with Elden ring and the new civ would be good

Yes tho looking again now they mostly do seem to clear the recommendations from the last five or so pages here

Do the scorptec ones generally compare favourably to the price equivalents elsewhere, like that nebulapc?

There are minor variations between the ones over 1200$ish

Any specific ones that stand out in that 1200-1500 range?

Again thanks soz for thread clogging should've read back before, cheers

The biggest difference I can see in that range are

• Graphics cards: RTX 3050 8GB, RTX 4060 8GB, RX 6600 8GB, RX 7600 8GB
  • Storage: 1tb vs 2tb
  • Ram Speed: 3600Mhz, 5600Mhz

Also keep in mind that these come with windows 11, so you're paying the $180 or whatever it is retail price for that as well.

The others are more clued in about gaming hardware, and they can probably give you some good advice about the difference between the cards.

Thankya appreciate it.

It has been years, last was during lockdown so just needed something so don't really know what it's specs were to compare with.

ON way to acceptance stage.

Seems generally it's
CPU - roughly 250/300
GPU about the same
Mboard - 200ish
Ram - 100
Psu - 150

Then there's case, windows, CPU cooler, etc

So there's no crazy sales on!??

Any standouts from that line-up? The polar & krypton seem good for 1.5?
www.custompcaustralia.com.au , just for clarification, this is my business, prices are a touch better than nebula

www.custompcaustralia.com.au , just for clarification, this is my business, prices are a touch better than nebula

Reviews suggest nebula cheaps out on case, mboard & PSU

The mesh series at $1400 is ryzen 5 5500, 650 PSU (doesn't say brand), 16g ram, 1t SSD, gigabyte 520 mboard and rx 3060 gpu

Nebula atm has the Hyperion at $1200 (supposedly on sale so maybe not its regular price) which matches with ryzen 5 5500, 16g ram, 1t SSD, but the gpu is Rx 4060

So the differences in mboard, case, PSU etc are superior to paying 200 less while getting a more advanced Rx GPU?

Cheers

Reviews suggest nebula cheaps out on case, mboard & PSU

The mesh series at $1400 is ryzen 5 5500, 650 PSU (doesn't say brand), 16g ram, 1t SSD, gigabyte 520 mboard and rx 3060 gpu

Nebula atm has the Hyperion at $1200 (supposedly on sale so maybe not its regular price) which matches with ryzen 5 5500, 16g ram, 1t SSD, but the gpu is Rx 4060

So the differences in mboard, case, PSU etc are superior to paying 200 less while getting a more advanced Rx GPU?

Cheers

The 4060 version is on sale

Cool story time:

So waaaayyyy back when I built my current PC I mentioned I found an issue where occasionally if it has been off for a while, like overnight, I'll need to power cycle the PSU to switch it back on. At the time I tested the PSU and it was OK and since then from time to time I'll research the issue but nothing would work. Besides needing to flick the PSU off for 10-20 seconds (I wait until the motherboard RGB turns off) and on again there has been no other problems with it.

It was that time again when I tried to see if I could find out what it was. I came across a Reddit post from two years ago pointing to this thread on ASUS that was firstly about the x570 Dark Hero before eventually it was revealed and then acknowledged by ASUS reps after hundreds of replies that there has been found a manufacturing fault with all x570 Hero and Dark Hero boards produced from a particular factory in 2020. I can no longer find if mine is from the Vietnamese or Chinese factories that they go on to talk about but seeing as I bought mine in 2020 it's safe to finally say I'm pretty sure I now know why I've had this problem to do with booting. Unfortunately there is no fix.

Well the cooler is in, it only looks slightly dumb because it's such a huge thing. Also went a little overkill on the thermal paste because it looks like I skimped a bit too much last time, seems like it's not so much it'll do damage though, just a little bit that's been squeezed out.

Seems to have about 1cm gap between the RAM and fan so might be an option for those with taller sticks

Well the cooler is in, it only looks slightly dumb because it's such a huge thing. Also went a little overkill on the thermal paste because it looks like I skimped a bit too much last time, seems like it's not so much it'll do damage though, just a little bit that's been squeezed out.

Seems to have about 1cm gap between the RAM and fan so might be an option for those with taller sticks

What RAM do you have? I want to take note of the height and use it as a future reference. You've probably closed it all up so it would be a big ask but you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the amount of clearance you have would you? I keep reading the measuremants and specified clearance of these coolers, reading RAM heights and seeing what others have to say and it always sounds like it's a really tight fit. But if you've got about 10mm of clearance then that's heaps of room to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What RAM do you have? I want to take note of the height and use it as a future reference. You've probably closed it all up so it would be a big ask but you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the amount of clearance you have would you? I keep reading the measuremants and specified clearance of these coolers, reading RAM heights and seeing what others have to say and it always sounds like it's a really tight fit. But if you've got about 10mm of clearance then that's heaps of room to play with.
Took one before I put it back together just in case, it's Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
1721551951751.png

Took one before I put it back together just in case, it's Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
View attachment 2054763
Just realised that it's just the fan that really overhangs the ram slots for my particular board (MSI X570 Gaming Plus, the fan could be moved up a little more or even mounted on the back side of the cooler pulling air through instead of pushing from the front if additional clearance was required.

Stumbled upon and Ordered the Gigabyte GS27QC 1440p 165/175hz OC VA monitor going for $299 at most stores, hard to refuse

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow or Monday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My second monitor is on the way out - might be a good replacement.

Stumbled upon and Ordered the Gigabyte GS27QC 1440p 165/175hz OC VA monitor going for $299 at most stores, hard to refuse

Scheduled to arrive tomorrow or Monday

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Impressive 8.4 pc gaming rating, might jump onto this aswell

GN's 9700x review summary: "it's not Intel" 😆.

Only mid range CPUs but watched Jay and GN review the 9600x and 9700x (GN have only released the 9700x currently because their 9600x had problems) and wow, how uninspiring. 9900x and the X3D stuff might be a different story but so far it's less performance and less power draw (actually a good thing though) at a shittier price point because they know the 7000 series won't stop selling.

Lock me in for a 7800x3d thanks but maybe on a new motherboard so I'll have upgrade path to a 9000 X3D in a couple years.

I finally bought at gaming PC. I have no idea about specs or anything like that. As long as it plays my games I am happy lol

I do know it has 32gb of ram and a rtx 4070. And that's all I can tell you lol

I finally bought at gaming PC. I have no idea about specs or anything like that. As long as it plays my games I am happy lol

I do know it has 32gb of ram and a rtx 4070. And that's all I can tell you lol

66% of all you need to know. If you find out the CPU then you're set. A 4070 is pretty decent too.

66% of all you need to know. If you find out the CPU then you're set. A 4070 is pretty decent too.
It also has all the pretty colours :D

Remove this Banner Ad

PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back