Pendlebury or Gibbs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs for sure.

Pendles is comfortably ahead of murhy atm but that could change. I don't think the woods should be getting too much credit for nabbing pendles at 5 becuase they passed on him at 2 for daisy.............

But Gibbs career will resemble that of buckleys IMO and yes HE WILL BE FAR BETTER THAN SELWOOD (who by the way was passed on by more clubs than just carlton)

Fail

Doesn't change the fact that the recruiters had enough foresight to use pick 5 on him. You're argument is fundamentally wrong.

Gibbs for sure.

Pendles is comfortably ahead of murhy atm but that could change. I don't think the woods should be getting too much credit for nabbing pendles at 5 becuase they passed on him at 2 for daisy.............

But Gibbs career will resemble that of buckleys IMO and yes HE WILL BE FAR BETTER THAN SELWOOD (who by the way was passed on by more clubs than just carlton)
Ok, so Carlton deserve no credit for getting Jamison in the rookie draft because they passed on him in the entire NAB draft?
Brisbane shouldn't get credit for getting Simon Black in the 30s?

How do you know it had to do with how they rated Thomas/Pendlebury anyway? It could have been that the Hawks/Blues were thought to be keener on Thomas than Pendlebury and therefore a bigger chance to select him, whereas they were more confident that Pendlebury would still be available at 5.

Gibbs for sure.

Thomas still could be awesome at 2. But out of the Pendlebury/Gibbs debate, Pendles for mine.

Both greay youngsters who should be up there with the best midfielders if they already aren't.

Tough to split but I wouldn't trade Gibbs for Penduls just like most pies wouldn't trade Scott for Bryce.

I think Pendlebury will probably have the better 09, cos he's been in the system one year longer than Gibbs. As for the larger question of who will be better, I lean toward Gibbs, but there's not much in it.

I think ATM in their careers Pendlebury is ahead and will stay there

I admit Gibbs is a great player and will improve heaps this year, but i can only see the same happeneing to Pendlebury as well

Another point, put Pendlebury next to Judd, Stevens and Murphy and see how he goes. Any player would excel, whilst Gibbs wouldnt have the same impact if he was in our midfield

Based on what? Your crystal ball?

In the future Gibbs may well be the better player, I think he probably will be. But right now, Pendlebury is better inside, and the better player overall. For how long? Who knows.

Cos Gibbs is can influence the outcomes of games and taking control....
He is doing this and still only 19

Gibbs for sure.

What do you base that ridiculous comment on? Murphy had a brilliant third year and would no doubt compare well in stats with any 3rd year player in the history of the game. I hope your not basing it on one NAB game. As far as i am concerned at the moment, it is Murphy then Pendles then Gibbs. It might be different at the end of the year but lets not base it on a game that means nothing. Gibbs hasn't even been tagged yet. His first year was pretty average, last year was a marked improvement and looks like he will step it up again but lets not jump the gun here until it happens.

Answer to the question.

Scott.

Currently he is ahead of Bryce in a few areas, this may well change by the end of the season, but I only see Scott doing fantastic things for us this season.

...Right, and Pendlebury can't. :rolleyes:

Stop restricting your viewing to Carlton games mate.

Pendlebury will be a very ood player.

Gibbs will be a great player.

Pendlebury cant do everything Gibbs can do.

Gibbs can do everything Pendlebury can do......

Gibbs will be dominating the AFL this year and be one of the top 6 o r 7 players...

Pendlebury will be a very ood player.

Gibbs will be a great player.

Pendlebury cant do everything Gibbs can do.

Gibbs can do everything Pendlebury can do......

Gibbs will be dominating the AFL this year and be one of the top 6 o r 7 players...

Get your hand off it, Pendles is close to our #1 mid gets more of it then Gibbs moves through traffic better then Gibbs (who is good in traffic but has nothing on Pendles who barely gets caught) infact the only thing Gibbs has shown more then Pendles is that he can play back.
Where as Pendles has shown more up forward and as a mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both darfted as 17 year olds.

One was of an elite basketball background who took up footy virtually the year he was drafted. The other has been playing it his entire life and was touted the best pick of his bunch.

One has gone on to have two top 3 placings in his club's respective B & F.

One has gone on to become the best player from his draft and almost for his club.

One has gone on to become vice-captain of his club after being promoted into the leadership group on merit.

Silky, smooth, evasive, damaging, precise, leadership.

Scott Pendlebury is undisputedly the best young up and coming midfielder in the modern game. (apologies to Selwood).

Bryce Gibbs is a superstar, make no mistake about it. Will become one of the game's elite.

However, Scott Pendlebury's all round game is far superior to that of Gibbs'.

Both darfted as 17 year olds.

One was of an elite basketball background who took up footy virtually the year he was drafted. The other has been playing it his entire life and was touted the best pick of his bunch.

One has gone on to have two top 3 placings in his club's respective B & F.

One has gone on to become the best player from his draft and almost for his club.

One has gone on to become vice-captain of his club after being promoted into the leadership group on merit.

Silky, smooth, evasive, damaging, precise, leadership.

Scott Pendlebury is undisputedly the best young up and coming midfielder in the modern game. (apologies to Selwood).

Bryce Gibbs is a superstar, make no mistake about it. Will become one of the game's elite.

However, Scott Pendlebury's all round game is far superior to that of Gibbs'.
wow I'm sold now.

Not even a smidgen of bias in that: well done.

:rolleyes:

Get your hand off it, Pendles is close to our #1 mid gets more of it then Gibbs moves through traffic better then Gibbs (who is good in traffic but has nothing on Pendles who barely gets caught) infact the only thing Gibbs has shown more then Pendles is that he can play back.

Defensively he isnt as good.
He isnt as good a mark.
He isnt as good inside.

Apart from that theyre even.

BUT.. there is not ONE thing Pendlebury can do better!!!!:)

Gibbs is just as elusive as pendlebury... youre dreaming if you asre going to rest your hat on "Pendlebury moves through traffic better".. cos he doesnt!!!!

i reckon Gibbs is a tad more skillful with his disposals.......

Are you aware that Gibbs kicked 14 goals last season, compared to Pendlebury's 11, despite playing 2 less games than Pendlebury & spending the first half of the 2008 season playing as a defende/tagger? Gibbs also only averaged 1.5 less disposals per game than Pendlebury. Let's see how the stats match up at the end of the 2009 season with Gibbs expected to play the entire season as a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury or Gibbs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back