Perth Drivers are absolutley shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah :thumbsu:

if your still confused shibz think of a compass & north south east west points

by rights north & south if going straight keep flowing together
but you get some people who get to the roundabout say from the south.
the traffic from the north (ie opposite side to you) are going so effectivley you are free to go too
but some idiots see that there is a line of cars waiting to their right (in this example east) and just sit there, because at that point at time the east traffic can;t enter the roundabout because their lane is blocked by all the cars coming down from the north.
they don;t understand that the give way to the right rule is only for traffic on or able to enter the roundabout, not traffic unable to enter the roundabout

shame i can;t do a drawing easier to visualise

what about indicating at roundabouts? some people expect you to mind read what they are going to do

the other day someone did a u turn at a roundabout and did not indicate at any stage

yeah :thumbsu:

if your still confused shibz think of a compass & north south east west points

by rights north & south if going straight keep flowing together
but you get some people who get to the roundabout say from the south.
the traffic from the north (ie opposite side to you) are going so effectivley you are free to go too
but some idiots see that there is a line of cars waiting to their right (in this example east) and just sit there, because at that point at time the east traffic can;t enter the roundabout because their lane is blocked by all the cars coming down from the north.
they don;t understand that the give way to the right rule is only for traffic on or able to enter the roundabout, not traffic unable to enter the roundabout

shame i can;t do a drawing easier to visualise

Always the chance that the cars going straight are going to do a u-turn.

Brings up an interesting point, how does everybody approach making a U-Turn at a roundabout?

DBT said there's always a chance that someone "going straight" is about to do a U-Turn but I find that a little confusing.

If I wish to make a U-Turn at a roundabout I keep my right indicator on throughout the whole manuever.

Brings up an interesting point, how does everybody approach making a U-Turn at a roundabout?

DBT said there's always a chance that someone "going straight" is about to do a U-Turn but I find that a little confusing.

If I wish to make a U-Turn at a roundabout I keep my right indicator on throughout the whole manuever.

You have to indicate to the left just before you exit. If you can follow this it may help.

Again it all comes down to people being lazy and selfish. It's not hard to do the right thing, but it's easier not to.

Was just saying that just because someone isnt entering to the right you still have to make sure the car coming straight on isnt going to decide to do a u-turn. Again its just about not trusting indicators/lack of.

Well yes apart from the left indication obviously.

I was mainly talking about how you'd let the people around you know what you're going to do. The left indicator is really to complete the manuever.

There are a hell of a lot of 4wds, not only can't you see in front of them, there lights shine right into a sedans rear vision mirror, they have a higher centre of gravity making them easier to flip and harder to steer, they have a greater stopping distance, they use more petrol and tyres and they hardly ever leave the city.

Apparently you can now buy spray on mud so all those soccer mums and dads can look authentic driving around the city in their dirty 4WD's.

If that's not the saddest thing I've ever heard then I don't know what is.

There's a woman who lives out near Wattle Grove who drives a new BMW X5. She has almost ran me off the road several times and hardly even noticed. She is on the road at the same time every morning. I now wait an extra 10 minutes to avoid her.

I know this is a thread about Perth drivers but people using country roads are also brain dead.
I travel on the Albany Highway 2-3 times a week and it is a fricken nightmare. The majority of drivers are OK. But Jesus wept some of the muppets should be belted with a blunt object. People must be sick of living with the risks they take to get past other vehicles.
Overtaking vehicles on blind corners or hill crests. Trying to overtake a road train when there is less than 100 metres till the end of a passing lane and expecting the 50 tonne truck to slow down or move to the edge of the road to let them pass. And the classic where the idiot starts to pass a vehicle then expects the poor sod coming the other way to slow down and move off the road so they can continue merrily along. Trust me it does happen.
At the end of each journey I say a small thank you that I haven't had a crash or had to pull some poor bastard from one.

Yep, used to work at a roadhouse south of Mandurah on Old Coast Road when I was at school/uni. ANY public holiday weekend you care to name, we would see 3 - 5 ambulances per day scream by to rescue one of these morons/victims of morons. Back when most of the road was single lane, it was amazimg to see some of these tools try to overtake 30 cars in an unbroken line of traffic, then expect someone to slow down and let them in because a car is coming the opposite way. Complete and utter idiocy.

Yep, used to work at a roadhouse south of Mandurah on Old Coast Road when I was at school/uni. ANY public holiday weekend you care to name, we would see 3 - 5 ambulances per day scream by to rescue one of these morons/victims of morons. Back when most of the road was single lane, it was amazimg to see some of these tools try to overtake 30 cars in an unbroken line of traffic, then expect someone to slow down and let them in because a car is coming the opposite way. Complete and utter idiocy.

Is that one near Miami? I work right across the road from there and the amount of crosses along that road is terrible. My cousin's friend was killed along there, but that was because she was drunk and was standing in the middle of the road and a car wiped her out.

There's a woman who lives out near Wattle Grove who drives a new BMW X5. She has almost ran me off the road several times and hardly even noticed. She is on the road at the same time every morning. I now wait an extra 10 minutes to avoid her.

Drivers of BMW's, Mercs etc are the worst on the road. They don't care about anybody. I'm surprised their ego fits in the car actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently you can now buy spray on mud so all those soccer mums and dads can look authentic driving around the city in their dirty 4WD's.

If that's not the saddest thing I've ever heard then I don't know what is.
Yep, I've heard of that. Bloody posers.

You have to indicate to the left just before you exit. If you can follow this it may help.

Again it all comes down to people being lazy and selfish. It's not hard to do the right thing, but it's easier not to.

Only in Perth mate, there is no need to indicate to go straight mate!!

Now all of you move into the flipping intersection!

Tell your friends and family too!

Is that one near Miami? I work right across the road from there and the amount of crosses along that road is terrible. My cousin's friend was killed along there, but that was because she was drunk and was standing in the middle of the road and a car wiped her out.

No, it's about 5k's south of Dawesville.

Used to live very close to Miami though - the drive to and from work was often a hairy experience. I think on a trip to Bunbury once I counted over 20 white crosses from the Port Bouvard bridge to the outskirts of Bunbury.

Only in Perth mate, there is no need to indicate to go straight mate!!

Now all of you move into the flipping intersection!

Tell your friends and family too!

I'm certainly not saying i agree with it, just pointing out what the rule is. Given the lack of indication by Perth motorists in general, it's a gamble to assume just because someone hasn't indicated that they won't be turning.

As far as the intersection thing goes, whilst i agree its annoying when people only move a car length into the intersection (I'm assuming that's what you are talking about...) that's also the rule in WA. Basically one car is allowed into the intersection, that way 2-3 cars don't have to rush through on a red light causing a hazard for other motorists. It stems from the rule where if you can't advance completely through an intersection (say in busy traffic at a set of lights) you are not allowed to enter the intersection. The amount of people who do this, particularly in the city is a disgrace.

Also, people if you are on the freeway the speed limit is 100km/hr. Not 80km/hr, not 113km/hr, not 98km/hr its 100km/hr. One Hundred kilometres per hour. One hundred. One. Hundred. Muppets.

He might not...he might. It's all irrelevant because it's still breaking the law, it's still stupid to criticise someone for not breaking the law and you're still a chump..
Different person. I don't travel across the tracks to care. But some people need to get a move on.

Asian people in Northbridge drive me nuts too. Not the drivers, the pedestrians. Have no idea how the lights work and just walk across the road whenever they feel like it.

Also, people if you are on the freeway the speed limit is 100km/hr. Not 80km/hr, not 113km/hr, not 98km/hr its 100km/hr. One Hundred kilometres per hour. One hundred. One. Hundred. Muppets.

You're a harsh man if you get angry at people driving 2k's under the speed limit.

Personally I think that there should be about a 10km leeway with going over the limit. It's more dangerous driving at 99km/hr while constantly flicking your eyes down to make sure you haven't crept over, than it is driving at 110 while paying full attention to the road.

Luckily it seems (most) cops (usually) agree. Any cop that books you for going 110 in a 100 zone is a power tripping w***er who should be more concerned about catching people who are actually hurting somebody.

I'm a madly parochial Sandgroper, and yet agree completely. Perth drivers are by FAR the worst in the world. I've driven in all Australian cities, London, New York and about 40 countries. Our drivers are a disgrace. Never use indicators to turn, merge or change lanes...hoon around being idiots. They get in the right lane at lights, not indicate they're turning right until there's a heap of cars behind them...then indicate. Shocking.

You obviously haven't been to China. Chinese are worse, and I was there up till four days ago. They have no idea about manners and patience.

Back to Perth drivers I had a classic incident late last year. I stopped at the red light on an Albany Hwy intersection and the one behind me turned into the right turning lane, over took me while going through the red light.

Perth drivers are slow and stupid.

Yes it's very imporant to win the freeway race. I want to get home and relax not sit in a hot car in the hot sun :D

This one guy had absolutley no clue he cut me off, so i hopped out of my navara and punched his passenger window.

Lol.

I spent alot of time driving around the states in my younger years. It always impressed me how well they handled large volumes of traffic. They may not have been particulary courteous but they drove in a matter that kept things going smoothly.

The worst incident I was ever involved in in Perth was late night shopping in the city center. A mass of people crossing the road in front of the Wentworth hotel (the corner pub). A young fella yapping away on his mobile completely misses the the red light and proceeds to plow thru the middle of us. I wish to this day I`d had my wits about me because he finally stopped in front of me. I would have happily put the sole of my boot into the passenger side door.

I think part of the problem is the inadequacy of the Perth road system. Anyone who has travelled on Mitchell Fwy during peak hour will know what I mean.

I think part of the problem is the inadequacy of the Perth road system. Anyone who has travelled on Mitchell Fwy during peak hour will know what I mean.
The faster you are off the road the more the space there is. Speed up everyone! :D

Roundabouts - give way to your right and to all traffic that's already in the roundabout. What is so difficult about that?

Actually there is no rule that says you must give way to the right at a roundabout.... only that you must giveway to all traffic already on the roundabout and enter only when there is an adequate and safe gap in the traffic. People that think you have to give way to the right are the ones that stop roundabouts working properly.

With the whole TransPerth bus comment, you're actually meant to give way to them. My driving instructor (I think it was him) said that if you see one with it's indicator on, either get into the right lane, or slow down. Imagine being the one driving that bloody huge ass bus?

Buses only have right of way when pulling out of a dedicated bus embayment. all other times they must follow the same rules as the rest of us...... but most speed, run red lights etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back