perth tv is impossible

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read somewhere that next Saturday night there's no coverage of the top of the table Pies v Cats but instead we get the absolute privilege of watching the wooden spoon title fight on two channels simultaneously. I would imagine its the same story on our radio stations. How lucky are we???
Just realised the same damn thing - we get to watch who's gunna win the spoon instead of the minor premiership what a joke!!!!:confused:
Just hope the Pies and Cats games is on Imparja...

Yeah, they're bastards showing the Perth team in Perth.

The biggest joke in this situation is the government who don't allow One to show the Collingwood v Geelong game, and Fox for being unable to do a simple thing like show different programming into different states.

best thing i ever did was get central 7.

the rest of perth can suffer the wooden spoon battle nil all draw

ill watch the pies v geel

ten chose the coll v geel game and left the derby to fox so ten should be showing it in perth and then show the spooners delayed.

but i got sick of complaining and getting nowhere,this is the 5th year in a row
coll v geel late seasons games has been ignored in perth.

the funny thing is most west coast fans would rather watch geel and coll anyway as their team is shite and not worth watching this year.

best thing i ever did was get central 7.

the rest of perth can suffer the wooden spoon battle nil all draw

ill watch the pies v geel

ten chose the coll v geel game and left the derby to fox so ten should be showing it in perth and then show the spooners delayed.

but i got sick of complaining and getting nowhere,this is the 5th year in a row
coll v geel late seasons games has been ignored in perth.

the funny thing is most west coast fans would rather watch geel and coll anyway as their team is shite and not worth watching this year.

Snappy like you I also have C7 so not an issue to me, but you have to understand that the TV networks must cater for the majority.

Also like you I will also have more interest in the Geelong v Collingwood game this weekend and maybe many of the Eagles supporters will. But make no mistake that the vast majority will want the Eagles game on across the state.

You also have to take into account that it has turned out that its a blockbuster this week, never read any of these types of posts lets say 5 weeks ago?

Channels 7 and 10 purchased the TV rights, Foxtel purchased theirs from 7 and 10. Foxtel have no say in any of it. They do what 7 and 10 tell them to do and until the anti syphoning laws are changed they will never have a say.

It also works both ways, I have been in Melbourne and had to stay up to midnight to watch a replay of an eagles game because they showed two minnow vic clubs. But the reality is the public in Melbourne want to watch the Vic clubs.

For us Perth people it won't make any difference who wins the TV rights, be it 7, 9 or 10 the exact same will happen.

The only possible way the landscape can ever change is if Foxtel can bid independently for the rights and that is many, many years away. Football on FTA will be protected I think for another 20 years.

In Perth the priority for FTA channels is the WCE and Fremantle no matter their ladder position. That will also never change and it shouldn't either.

The vast majority must be catered for.

Surely you understand that, this is not a new concept or is it just that your game this weekend happens to be a huge game.

It's no different to the fixture, we all would like it to be fair but we put up with that its not because we have to.

I have no problem with the FTA stations showing the local AFL teams. When Fox first broadcast AFL, in conjunction with 9 and 10 the deal was that Fox could show the alternate match, i.e. this week they would show Pies v Cats while FTA showed Eagles v Lions.

So important that the next deal involves this set up or one that allows the FTA stations to use their digital channel to show the alternate game

no such problems in tasmania,they get live footy all the time on FTA.

WA has treated its viewers with contempt for so long,they nwill never change.

thats why everyone in WA should buy a set top box and watch all footy and cricket for that matter live on 9 and 7 from central australia tv.

the WA stations deserve to be shunned,and im shunning them.

even the shows during the week that i like i can watch at 6.30 instead of 8.50 like 7 and 9 do in perth.

The only thing the AFL and the broadacasters will respond to is TERRIBLE:mad: viewing figures.

Perth footy fans should boycott the broadcast of the Eagles and Dockers to send a message that this should not be tolerated in the next TV deal.:thumbsdown:

perth ratings for friday footy are already the lowest in the country.
doesnt seem to bother them that most people now listen live on the radio or find other means to watch it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Foxtel so I'll find some way to watch the Pies v Cats at a reasonable hour, might have to avoid/mute the wooden spoon battle in case the stupid commentators give the score away. But it is quite ridiculous for those without Foxtel, they could at least show it on Channel 10; or bump their stupid MVP and Nascar shows which follow the wooden spooner clash.

Luckily Foxtel have it at 8.30pm, I checked earlier in the week and they had it had 10.30pm, with the Swans v Hawks at 8.30pm. Now they have switched those matches around thankfully.

A mate recently moved to Japan, and he gets more games there than Perth FTA. Now that is a joke. Friday night football is shown in Tokyo before it is here.

I take it the Vics will be able to watch the Geelong/Collingwood and the Eagles/Brisbane games at the same time...

Pretty sure they can, not that I'm guessing many Vics will choose to watch the spoon battle at Subi over the Geelong v Collingwood game.

Even Brisbane viewers get the option of watching the Geelong v Collingwood game on Main Event. Seems like everywhere but backwardsville WA can watch the Geelong v Collingwood game live.

When we complain all we get told is that it's just part of the current TV rights deal and can't be changed. Well the current deal is a f***ing joke and situations like this just highlight it. We continually miss out on watching the best games live and it simply isn't good enough.

I have no problem with the FTA stations showing the local AFL teams. When Fox first broadcast AFL, in conjunction with 9 and 10 the deal was that Fox could show the alternate match, i.e. this week they would show Pies v Cats while FTA showed Eagles v Lions.

So important that the next deal involves this set up or one that allows the FTA stations to use their digital channel to show the alternate game

I'm pretty sure they did this when they had separate Fox Footy channels for each state. Since they ditched that, I doubt the next broadcast deal would change what they show (since it is all through Fox Sports nationwide).

They should be putting these games on Main Event if the FTA networks choose not to show them live.

Freakin yes!! Unfortunately it probably wont happen. With the AFL able to command squilions for their TV rights, the stations have no choice but to go into 'partnership' with Fox so they can afford it at all.

Yet again, the economics of things doesn't keep up with the technology and service available.

Also, has already been asked, but here goes again - does anybody know if the Geelong v Collingwood game is being shown live anywhere in the southern suburbs?

Freakin yes!! Unfortunately it probably wont happen. With the AFL able to command squilions for their TV rights, the stations have no choice but to go into 'partnership' with Fox so they can afford it at all.

Yet again, the economics of things doesn't keep up with the technology and service available.

Also, has already been asked, but here goes again - does anybody know if the Geelong v Collingwood game is being shown live anywhere in the southern suburbs?

AFL hopes Foxtel pay-TV will buy games direct

THE AFL has begun negotiating its 2012-16 broadcast agreement on the basis that Foxtel will be able to bid for four games a round.
It is understood television executives and AFL boss Andrew Demetriou believe there is a strong chance Communications Minister Stephen Conroy will adjust the so-called anti-siphoning rules governing sports broadcasting to allow pay-TV to bid directly for games rather than force them to deal with free-to-air television broadcasters.
Allowing Foxtel to bid for AFL games would not alter the split between the competing platforms -- pay-TV already shows four games a round -- but would represent a philosophical and economic shift in the way sport is broadcast in this country.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...buy-games-direct/story-e6frg8zx-1225902752629

The Fairfax press are making a noise for a better deal for WA fans:

Enough is enough for WA footy fans

August 9, 2010 - 7:05AM
Another round of footy has passed yet WA still keeps copping a raw deal with the way the AFL is broadcast on television.
This issue has been frustrating sports fans in our state for many years now and apologies up front if my ranting and raving begins to sound like a broken record.
(My colleague, Chalpat Sonti, has written several pieces before on the shambolic coverage of the world’s biggest sporting events – and AFL Friday night footy - on commercial television for WA viewers.)

Maybe the AFL can put in some sort of clause in the contract that ensures WA footy fans are no longer treated like idiots.

Australia is very fortunate to have its biggest sport still shown on free-to-air television, considering games from some of the biggest domestic sports leagues in the world are only available to watch on pay television. (There are no English Premier League games on free-to-air in England for example).

Of course, if all the legislation is cleared up before the next AFL TV rights are awarded, the buck still stops with the commercial networks to deliver the goods, and going by their previous form in harming the quality of AFL broadcasts, I won’t be holding my breath.
So I call on the AFL bosses to ensure certain conditions for the WA market – which is unique because of the time zone we are in – are included in the next rights agreement and are strictly adhered to for the duration of the deal.
It's time we all finally got with the program.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/blogs...y-fans/20100808-11ql3.html?rand=1281308707841

saturday nights game foots v geel
2 top 4 sides gets the ignore button as well this week.

ill watch it live on central satellite but most of perth will have to give it a miss same as last weeks top 2 clash,they will have to suffer thru another game of the spooners
or most likely go out and ignore the tv altogether

perth ratings for friday footy are already the lowest in the country.
doesnt seem to bother them that most people now listen live on the radio or find other means to watch it.

EXACTLY! I won't waste the energy to pick up the remote to watch those fools. I'll watch it ad free of Foxtel after the event if I have to and zone out when Bwucey starts drivelling as is his wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

perth tv is impossible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back