Roast Peter Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
He’s a passionate, no holds barred Freo man. But the trade to get Hogan, regardless on whether it was his call, then blows up two years later to swiftly trade him based on misdemeanours/culture issues, will haunt Bell for the next few years.
Ultimately, Neale goes for a pick 6, used that to Melbourne who robbed us blind of that pick. Awful decision making. Pick 6 for Ben King after all this.

Hogan could ended up for just a third rounder.
Sorry, but that’s on Bell. He wants to implement his own style of culture, Fremantle respect but 2021 without a recognised KPF other then Tabs. Could make or break the rebuild. Two years of Hogan. Dixon, Matera, Hogan and McCarthy all gone up forward. Better hope he brings something out of the rabbit’s hat.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and accept the narrative that there were factors beyond his control contributing to the final decision to sell the farm and bring Hogan to the club.

He doesn't have that excuse anymore and should be on pretty thin ice for the foreseeable future.

Yep agreed. But at least we've acted on the mistake rather than letting it fester for longer like we did with Bennell.
Bennell couldn’t and still couldn’t get on the Park.
Hogan on the other hand was always highly professional in terms of fitness and came back from lockdown In great shape. 2 years vs Bennell’s 5 is hugely out balanced.

Bennell couldn’t and still couldn’t get on the Park.
Hogan on the other hand was always highly professional in terms of fitness and came back from lockdown In great shape. 2 years vs Bennell’s 5 is hugely out balanced.

Hogan did get suspended for showing up to training drunk/hungover after a bender. That doesn't really smack of being highly professional towards your fitness, even if you look in pretty good nick.

We ain’t privy to anything. This looks like a well-being story. Everything about it and everything being said points to this.

If anyone thinks for one second we’ve dumped Hogan before the trade season starts and with a year left just cause? Then you’re nuts.

Discussions would’ve been held and as mentioned a mutual decision made.

I genuinely believe Freo are trying to help him with this move.

I'll always be suspect on Bell.

I had a run in with him several years back at at the Leopold hotel. He wanted to fight me and my 4 mates to show off in front of these 2 women. I don't think he's the persona he shows on tv. Imo of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a run in with him several years back at at the Leopold hotel. He wanted to fight me and my 4 mates to show off in front of these 2 women. I don't think he's the persona he shows on tv. Imo of course
LOL calling bullshit on this. Have known Belly a long time (professionally and personally when he ran his clubs and after) - this is not him one iota.

lol I will always be suspect of you J Docker for you and your four mates picking on Bell and a couple of girls. ;)

Getting Hogan was a mistake. Getting rid of Hogan was not a mistake. Both decisions informed by the desires of the respective coaches at the time.

Look who we've dumped recently: Kersten, Bennell, McCarthy, Matera, Dixon, Hogan.

What did all of those blokes have in common?

Two years of Hogan. Dixon, Matera, Hogan and McCarthy all gone up forward.

Do any of them make our side better?

Matera did jack shit this year. Dixon has done jack shit ever, particularly in terms of getting himself into shape to play. McCarthy had some good games, but far more where he contributed nothing.

Hogan is probably the only one that makes the team better, and that's contingent on him getting his shit together. If the club and him are willing to trade to GWS then the logical conclusion is that they don't think that's going to happen, and his off-field behavior has become a net negative to the club.

LOL calling bullshit on this. Have known Belly a long time (professionally and personally when he ran his clubs and after) - this is not him one iota.
Hahahahaha. It's hard for me to hold back here and not call you names but I'm just going to say it's not bullshit.

Since your so matesy with him why don't you go ask him yaself. Remind him the night he was showing off to a couple of chicks and provided me with a belt as my jeans were a little lose. I'm the bloke who threw it away and he cracked the shits. Long story short he carried on like a complete ****wit while the likes of McManus, Sandi, scammer and I think Troy Cooke all kept their distance from the flog.

Then you can pm me tomorrow night with ya apology 👍

Hahahahaha. It's hard for me to hold back here and not call you names but I'm just going to say it's not bullshit.

Since your so matesy with him why don't you go ask him yaself. Remind him the night he was showing off to a couple of chicks and provided me with a belt as my jeans were a little lose. I'm the bloke who threw it away and he cracked the shits. Long story short he carried on like a complete ******* while the likes of McManus, Sandi, scammer and I think Troy Cooke all kept their distance from the flog.

Then you can pm me tomorrow night with ya apology 👍
Call me whatever you want, you're full of shit.

Oh please ask him. You'll grow from the experience of being wrong. It'll be good for you

I’ve got a ripper story about Basil Zempilas, Thailand, 2 condoms & ironically a transvestite, but I don’t mention it in public. I just tell people I don’t like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back